Carroll cool on Torres comparison

imagine if they do manage to play together...

Drogba with his muscular brutality
Torres with his pace and finish

Suarez/Caroll will make no comparison to that partnership :p

It's all ifs and buts, they've shown no real evidence that they play to their full potential as part of a partnership. Only time will tell if it works though.

Yes, it sounds almost perfect on paper. But then, so do Real Madrid.

But indeed, it will be frightening if they do gel well, I just don't see it myself. :)

It's all ifs and buts, they've shown no real evidence that they play to their full potential as part of a partnership. Only time will tell if it works though.

Very true, i certainly hope they can !!

Ok fine with that i was tired and did not see the word 'manage'

The way i see the situation is that Chelsea have paid 50million for a PL proven goalscorer. Yes at this current time overpriced but 18-20months ago these are the figures you would look to pay for Nando. Liverpool have payed 35million which is over priced for what he might do in the future, not proven in the PL as of yet.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

also have a nice little chant for Carroll which many will love expect Pool fans.

When a girl hits the floor and its not Collymore...Andy Carroll!
When your glassed in the face by a mug with no pace...Andy Carroll!
When your car's set on fire, called a **** or a liar...Andy Carroll!
When your either in jail, hitting birds or on bail... Andy Carroll !

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Carroll still has everything to prove. half a good season doesn't make you a world class player.

But he undoubtedly has all the tools to be a great player for Liverpool. Good luck to the lad. I like him.

I'm getting pretty sick of all the talk of Carroll and Torres being overpriced now. Before his poor showing in the world cup (while still carrying an injury), Torres was easily worth £40m +, especially to a rival such as Chelsea. Liverpool had little time to find a replacement, and there is no doubt that Carroll has great potential and the raw attributes to be a very good player. £35m is a lot of money, but Newcastle were in a position where they didn't need to sell, so price inflation was inevitable.

They, along with Suarez, will be great signings for now and the future. The only club that you have to feel for is Newcastle, but the money should be reinvested in the summer. I just hope Pardew doesn't waste it on a handful of mediocracy

I do agree that if they play well together then they will make a formidable force, but to say that Suarez and Carroll will make no comparison has no foundation. Suarez a proven goalscorer who has already shown what he will bring, and Carroll with bags of potential and great physical presence emanating from both of them, I think Carroll and Suarez, once settled in, can easily be as good as a strong Torres + Drogba.

What's more, Suarez + Carroll is a partnership for the future, whereas Drogba will be past his best soon. Only time will tell I suppose, but I have a very good feeling about Suarroll ;)

Andy Carroll is an amazing player. He's like a Tiger Tank. 1.96m raw power, running defenders down and he's also very strong mentally. Very sad to see him go, but good luck to him, and he's welcome back to NUFC if it don't work out. £35 million will be peanuts when Liverpool will be competing amongst the top four again + CL etc.

I don't understand Liverpool fans being angry at Torres leaving though. It's been obvious for so long that he didn't want to play for them.. You got the BETTER deal by a mile selling him. Only because he was unhappy though.

Now for Leon Best to start bagging them in for us.... :p