Carvalho to Real Madrid

reganator

Reaction score
Chelsea Football Club can confirm it has agreed terms with Real Madrid for the transfer of Ricardo Carvalho.

More...

his 33 now so even if we get about 5 mil for him its good money and i will miss him was a great player at chelsea and loved scoring against man utd which was very good :D good luck at madrid ricky :D :'(

Been on the cards for a while now..

Good move for him and Chelsea. Wonder how much they're going to get for him though, he is getting on abit now, although Mourinho has a thing for ageing defenders (Lucio & Samuel). He'll toughen up that Madrid defense, with him and Pepe at CB, the Portuguese connection makes it that little bit stronger.

During his time he helped us to three Premier League titles, two FA Cups and two Carling Cups

Looking at what he has won i suppose he thinks he has won everything in English football at least twice and he wants a new challenge !!.

Good Luck to him would have loved him at Arsenal great defender :)

I personally feel it is one of the best moves Chelsea are going to make this year. As you said cfc12345, hes 33, and hes going to go for, I reckon, £10m minimum - good deal to be honest. Alex, Ivanovic, Bruma, Mancienne, Kalas (new boy, out on loan but looks tidy) - plus hes clumsy :p

Last edited:
I personal feel it is one of the best moves Chelsea are going to make this year. As you said cfc12345, hes 33, and hes going to go for, I reckon, £10m minimum - good deal to be honest. Alex, Ivanovic, Bruma, Mancienne, Kalas (new boy, out on loan but looks tidy) - plus hes clumsy :p

10 mil for a 33 year old centre back? Mourinho isn't that stupid. Madrid are still counting the pennies after their overspending last year, you'll get five mil max I'd wager.

even if he is getting on a bit now; i still see this as a great signing for Madrid;
as Mourinho got the best out of him imo...

cant and wont say a bad word about riccy. from 2005-2008 terry and carvalho was the best centre back partnership in the world and terry hasent looked half the player since riccy has been out through injury. really understand this move and will never be forgotten at the bridge. time to step up mr jeffery bruma the future looks good.

Doesn't need it's own thread.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I Haven't closed because I cant, as it isn't my section

Previous post removed"P

Interesting ... Him and Pepe should link up well

As a portuguese all i can say: MAKE US PROUD! Mourinho, Pepe, Carvalho, C.Ronaldo!

According to BBC, the fee is £6.7m

Good deal for all parties it seems. Looks like Ancelotti is going to give Bruma a little bit of football this year which is good to see. He should start at Madrid, not sure what's going to happen with Raul Albiol and Ezequiel Garay now though.

pepe injured for a little bit of time, i see carvalho and albiol being number 1 CB's at the club wit pepe and garay just behind them

Excellent CB, one of the underrated player. He carried Terry since he joined and he was the main person for Chelsea's best defensive record during Jose time. Excellent positional sense and reading of the game. Madrid youngsters can learn a lot from him.