Carvalho to Real Madrid

great deal for chelsea as they will not have to invest to replace, alex and bruma are both capable lets not forget ivanovic who has improved greatly

Excellent CB, one of the underrated player. He carried Terry since he joined and he was the main person for Chelsea's best defensive record during Jose time. Excellent positional sense and reading of the game. Madrid youngsters can learn a lot from him.

Carvalho and Terry formed a great partnership. Not sure how he carried Terry?

Carvalho and Terry formed a great partnership. Not sure how he carried Terry?

Carvalho consistently covered for Terry's mistakes - when Carvalho isn't there, for a strange reason Terry performs badly. There's probably a link ;)

Don't understand this by Ancelotti. Really don't as they just don't have a ball-playing centreback who'll cover for Terry's weaknesses. Money's good for a 32 year old. Wage bill reduced again. But just an odd one really for me unless Chelsea feel he's now declining and going to pick up more injuries.

I think that his move to Real Madrid will give the younger ones a good learning queue and for them to now get some tips from one of the Premier League's best defenders.Him and Mourinho had a good relationship at Chelsea,so bringing it on into his new job is going to have a good effect.

I always thought he was a bit of a sly dirty defender but a good few in the Premiership are these days, No doubt he is a great defender though, Must mean their pushing through Mancienne now after a good season with Wolves

He was getting on at 33,so although he was a great CB i dont mind him moving now,best of luck to him and hope he does well

Carvalho consistently covered for Terry's mistakes - when Carvalho isn't there, for a strange reason Terry performs badly. There's probably a link ;)

Don't understand this by Ancelotti. Really don't as they just don't have a ball-playing centreback who'll cover for Terry's weaknesses. Money's good for a 32 year old. Wage bill reduced again. But just an odd one really for me unless Chelsea feel he's now declining and going to pick up more injuries.

Or maybe they have someone lined up as a ready made replacement?..

This means Ancelotti will bring in another defender probably or then Bruma or Mancienne can take the place..

When Chelsea lost Ballack, Cole & Belletti, Ancelotti said something like this; '' We have lost 3 players, so we will get 3 players. So far we have got Benayoun. ''

So, Hopefully this means he will buy a new Cb...

Very good centre back and I think Chelsea will find it hard to replace him without spending a lot of money.

Big fan of Carvalho, never thought we really had a chance against Chelsea when he was playing, proved in the world cup why he's one of the best centre half's in the world. Although his pace in probably in decline, his technical ability and positional sense will mean he can play another 2-3 years, especially if they put a fast guy like Pepe next to him.

Or maybe they have someone lined up as a ready made replacement?..

Yeah - there's an 18 year old kid they've got who's meant to be quite decent. But that would a big punt wouldn't it? Couple more years of sharing the duty with Carvalho would normally the way forward with that? Will be interesting if they go out and sign someone though.

Yeah - there's an 18 year old kid they've got who's meant to be quite decent. But that would a big punt wouldn't it? Couple more years of sharing the duty with Carvalho would normally the way forward with that? Will be interesting if they go out and sign someone though.
Is that the lad Kalas you're talking about? They've already sent him out on loan to some team called Sigma Olomouc so I think they're definitely going to buy someone.

Is that the lad Kalas you're talking about? They've already sent him out on loan to some team called Sigma Olomouc so I think they're definitely going to buy someone.

Imagine that as a signing waiting to happen - we've just loaned him back to his former club for a season.

there is no need for a replacement, bosingwa is back this season so him ferriera and hutchinson will be our right backs. ivanovic,terry,mancienne(if he stays),alex and bruma our centre backs with ashley cole,zhirkov and van aanholt on the left.

I worked out we will save roughly 20million a year on wages now carvalho,ballack,belletti,cole and deco have left.

I also don't think Chelsea need a replacement.

Terry and Alex performed very well together last season, and since Bosingwa is back, that means Ivanovic can play in the CB role he is far more fond of, as well as Bruma being toted as a star in the making.

Sure, you could add a CB, but I doubt they'll play ahead of Terry & Alex or Terry & Ivanovic anyway.

A little pricey for his age, I think Chelsea got the best of this deal.

I also don't think Chelsea need a replacement.

Terry and Alex performed very well together last season, and since Bosingwa is back, that means Ivanovic can play in the CB role he is far more fond of, as well as Bruma being toted as a star in the making.

Sure, you could add a CB, but I doubt they'll play ahead of Terry & Alex or Terry & Ivanovic anyway.

I agree with this. Ivanovic is a tank.

That might be him - father in law was on about some wonderkid defender who'd be getting first team football. Didn't realise that he meant on loan :D