taida

Powerful Striker
Reaction score
OK, I'm in my first season as Celtic and, after looking at my current squad, I don't think we can compete for the EURO Cup for at least another 6 seasons [when our youth players come good.]

So I want to know who to sell and who to buy. I have already bought Vincent Enyeama for 500k, and my strikeforce is good enough for now. I've also sold James Forrest for £1.3million [under sell I know, but Arsenal wouldn't go higher and he was getting pissy.]

So who would I buy or sell, considering my squad is essentially default apart from that one sale and one purchase.

I would buy a cb to play with big dan as loovens and Hooiveld arent great

Depends what formation your are playing to decide on midfielders

I would buy a cb to play with big dan as loovens and Hooiveld arent great

Depends what formation your are playing to decide on midfielders
Playing a 4-5-1 with two attacking wingers. Surprisingly, Izaguirre excels in the AML position. :p

you should be pretty much covered then, just buy some hot prospects , plus stokes is a very good inside forward ;)

you should be pretty much covered then, just buy some hot prospects , plus stokes is a very good inside forward ;)
We've got some good prospects. Spence, Twardik, Thomson... that's it really. XD Y'think there's any dead wood I can get rid of? :p

We've got some good prospects. Spence, Twardik, Thomson... that's it really. XD Y'think there's any dead wood I can get rid of? :p
you can try to get rid of Wilson, Hooiveld and Murphy (doubt he will leave though)

I would suggest looking in one of the big english sides reserve squad or perhaps nick a few off rangers :p

@ Shay Given; I'll try to get rid of Wilson and Hooiveld, not Murphy though, he's tutoring just now. :p
@ CtPauley; Big EPL reserves, maybe. But Rangers players won't even share the same breath as me. XD

and you could try looking in the hull, burnley, cardiff and maybe middlesbrough squads as they have some players who should thrive in the SPL.

anthony van den borre has a min. release clause of 1 million. He plays any position from center to right (defensively that is). although im not sure if he's already moving at beginning of the season

Good suggestion V.Bumb, but he's going to Genoa on 1.1.2011 so I can't get him. :/

Pires is another good one to pick up for free, maybe Dida, even if you've got keepers sorted.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Annan, Okoli (Sandnes Ulf) and Kara (Tromsoe) are also decent shouts.

Zargo Toure costs around 500k, and is potential world class.
Sebastian Grazzini from All Boys is a fantastic creative midfielder.
JayDeMerit as backup/rotation. Should be very good in SPL.

Where do you need strenghtening most?

Looking at my team, my central midfield is pretty weak compared to the rest, but I desperately need to get an AMR. :p

for AMR you try get giuliano, probably will be hard to buy him, but maybe a loan? faubert could also do the trick

AMR - Nabil Dirar has been outstanding for me at Newcastle, costs around 700k.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Or, Tarik Sektioui, who is available for 400k

I must say I don't like the current celtic squad - despite being a celtic supporter when I was younger I've been edging towards rangers these last few seasons. Bring back Mo Camara and Martin O'Neill - those were the days.

Get pires on a free mate, was class for me when i was celtic, kept scott brown out my team at centre mid, also i got jack wilshere on loan in jan, try get him
Hopper and stokes upfront are really good, mccourt, maloney are great on the wings but you should have kept forrest and as you said Izaguirre is pretty good at AML
maybe just bring in a centre back although i felt dan and rogne were pretty good
PS. play misun at left back, they guy is amazing