Celtic But Not As You Know ‘Em

May 2025

We drew Harrogate Town in the Playoffs. It’s the best we could have hoped for really as we’ve beaten them twice this season without conceding a goal.

harrogate previous.jpg

Vanarama National League – Playoff Semi Final
Farsley vs Harrogate Town

4-2-3-1 Wide; Foster, Culkin, Slooves, Pache, Gallagher-Allison, Fielding, Bird, Kouhyar, Reid (Hayde 61), Thompson-Sommers, Rodney (Robinson 61)

harrogate.jpg

We’re just rubbish at playoffs!

Best eleven this season.

Best 11.jpg

Despite our 2nd placed finish in the league, there is plenty of room for improvement amongst the squad, with only 4 players managing to record average ratings above 7.0. I felt like we weren’t as clinical in front of goal this season and really missed a top, top striker. Without Kouhyar’s goals from the right wing, I feel we wouldn’t have finished so high up the table. The defence was pretty solid for the most part although we were on the end of a few thrashings over the course of the campaign.

sqjad.jpg

Fan’s Player of the Season = Maziar Kouhyar
Young Player of the Season = Brad Wade
Signing of the Season = Brad Wade
Top Goalscorer = Maziar Kouhyar (20 in all comps)
Most Assists = Kane Thompson-Sommers (11 in all comps)

My Player of the Season = Maziar Kouhyar
My Young Player of the Season (U23) = Rudi Pache
Most Disappointing = Ollie Muldoon

After getting promoted, our match day revenue has almost doubled this season. Weirdly though, our TV revenue and sponsorship went down!

finances.jpg

I could make some major improvements to the squad this Summer with an extra £5k per week added to the wage budget!

budgets.jpg

And as the club continues to grow, the board invest some more money into stadium improvements.

stadium capacity.jpg

A disappointing end to the season with losing in a play off again but surely got to look for the title next season with that boost to the wage budget

A disappointing end to the season with losing in a play off again but surely got to look for the title next season with that boost to the wage budget

I think you're right. We should be able to improve the squad massively over the Summer and mount another challenge next season for sure.

June 2025

My first signing of the Summer is the incoming loan of 19 year old attacker, Gbenga Agu, who comes in from Sheffield Wednesday. Hopefully, he will add some extra firepower up front for the upcoming season.

agu.jpg

Abdi Osman played 34 times in League Two for Port Vale last season, so the fact we have managed to secure him on loan for the upcoming campaign has to be seen as a bit of a coup.

osman.jpg

Oliver Williams could prove to be the marquee signing of this Summer. He is easily one of the better players in my team now despite being only 19 years old. He signs from Gap Connah’s Quay on a free transfer and could be a central figure in our midfield for years to come.

williams.jpg

Henry Culkin had a decent season with us last year and was my first choice at right back, so I decided to renew his loan deal from Preston for another season.

culkin.jpg

I needed someone to challenge Culkin for that right back spot though and the man I’ve brought in for that is Kornell McDonald, who can also provide cover at centre back. He joins from Derby County on a free and is a bit of an unknown after only making 2 competitive appearances in his career to date.

mcdonald.jpg

Three first teamers were released this Summer as they just didn’t cut it for me and I think we can replace them with better.

released.jpg