Celtic sign Commons.

Bodell

Reaction score
_50946548_commons282.jpg
Scotland winger Kris Commons has completed his transfer from Derby County to Celtic and signed a three-and-a-half year contract in Glasgow.
The 27-year-old rejected an offer from Rangers after Celtic's Scottish Premier League rivals had a bid of about £500,000 accepted by County.
And Celtic will pay a similar fee after Commons passed a medical in Glasgow and accepted better personal terms.
He will be presented to the media by Celtic on Friday.
Celtic manager Neil Lennon told BBC Scotland on Wednesday evening: "He is a player on a list that we have been interested in for a while."
Mansfield-born Commons started his career with Stoke City and moved to Derby from Nottingham Forest in 2008.

Unfortunately, I think he has received an offer from elsewhere
Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist
Commons' contract at Pride Park is due to expire at the end of the season and the winger capped seven times for Scotland had rejected a new deal with the Championship club.
That attracted the interest of both sides of the Old Firm.
And Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist on Wednesday admitted defeat, believing that he had received a higher offer from another club.
"We made him an offer," he revealed. "Unfortunately, I think he has received an offer from elsewhere that is more financially beneficial to him."
Rangers manager Walter Smith insists the blow of missing out on Commons has not been compounded by the fact the winger has joined Celtic.
"It's just the fact we were in to try to get the player and we have not got him - that's the main thing," said Smith.
"Where he goes after that is really immaterial.
"He's not coming to Rangers and that's what we would have liked to happen."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9373191.stm

Last edited:
great signing for celtic who may help them get the league back

Good player, no doubt Derby still have time to replace him.

Looks like we're in for someone called Conor Sammon from Kilmarnock.

The funds from this deal should bring us in him, and Ayala from Liverpool.

great player good signing who will derby use to replace him??

Ayala only on loan I hope/expect. Real good player

Connor Sammon is a machine.

Good signing for us, hope he does well up here |)
good to sign a scottish international

Connor sammon is scoring goals for fun right now bodell, hes an alright player but on great form just now

Sammon is a ok player who has found his form this season and scored 17 goals in the spl/cups

Connor Sammon is a machine.

Good signing for us, hope he does well up here |)
good to sign a scottish international

Connor sammon is scoring goals for fun right now bodell, hes an alright player but on great form just now

Yeah seen some off his goals. They accepted a bid from Scunthorpe, only for him to turn down a move there, hopefully Derby is a bit more appealing than Scunthorpe!

we dont need him so it is a wast of money imo but as i said in the rumor thread it always nice to get a player who turned down the gers even if it was for the money

From what little knowledge I have of Derby, he is their stand-out player. Going to be very tough to replace him, should be a good buy for Celtic.

Hardly a good buy. the guy screams mediocrity and paying 500k for a player who's contract is up in July, adding to that the 25k a week he reports to have wanted...what a con.

Derby must be laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

Hardly a good buy. the guy screams mediocrity and paying 500k for a player who's contract is up in July, adding to that the 25k a week he reports to have wanted...what a con.

Derby must be laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

I wouldn't say I'm pleased, he's our top goalscorer with 13 goals.