Celtics Izaguirre to Man United ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because fabio is still a youngster, Who isn't proven.. For example just say and I doubt this would happen but say Evra goes to madrid or even gets a horrible injured (touch wood) and is out for a season do you honestly think Fabio could play 38 games in the league alone and handle it ? I personally don't think he would. Izaguirre has already played in numerous games and is internationally capped. Alot more proven than Fabio is. Yes Fabio has done a good job when he has played but if something bad happened he would have to play say at least 28 games in the league alone a season plus Champions league etc.. he isn't experienced enough yet.

Also the same reason We bought Hernandez when Macheda looked so promising..

Rafael was thrown in the deep end and he did brilliant job for his age and our first choice RB. Can't see why Fabio can't do the same. Plus we have O'shea who can play as LB, Evans too.

So you mean we have to buy just assuming Evra might get injured. So what if we buy him, and Evra wont get injured. What about the playing time for Fabio?

IMO, we shouldn't buy him unless Evra is definitely leaving which i doubt very much.

Im not saying we should buy him because of that as I said that was just an example of a problem that could occur. I think we should buy him because he fits into the squad well, an attacking full back which is how Uniteds full backs always play. Johnny Evans and O'Shea haven't got the ability to do what Izaguirre does and for £6million its well worth the risk. Obviously we will have to see in time.

Im not saying we should buy him because of that as I said that was just an example of a problem that could occur. I think we should buy him because he fits into the squad well, an attacking full back which is how Uniteds full backs always play. Johnny Evans and O'Shea haven't got the ability to do what Izaguirre does and for £6million its well worth the risk. Obviously we will have to see in time.

Fair enough. But problem is signing a LB means Fabio wont be getting any mins on the pitch and hampers his progress.

I haven't seen Izaguirre, so i cant judge him.

Fair enough. But problem is signing a LB means Fabio wont be getting any mins on the pitch and hampers his progress.

I haven't seen Izaguirre, so i cant judge him.

It could all come down to any deal made on Evra which I doubt would have been done anyway. If it does happen it might benefit Fabio though also either giving him that experience of fighting for his position or getting a loan move to gain experience. Who knows but you should have a look at the game on sunday and watch him play mate if he plays well (Hopefully not) I think you will be impressed ;)

Rafael was thrown in the deep end and he did brilliant job for his age and our first choice RB. Can't see why Fabio can't do the same. Plus we have O'shea who can play as LB, Evans too.

So you mean we have to buy just assuming Evra might get injured. So what if we buy him, and Evra wont get injured. What about the playing time for Fabio?

IMO, we shouldn't buy him unless Evra is definitely leaving which i doubt very much.

You wouldn't assume Evra gets injured, but you have to be open to all possibilities. IF he were to be injured, then it would be good if your team had a more experienced backup than Fabio.

Saying that, I wonder if Izaguirre would make the step up to the Premiership. He's shown himself to be a very good fullback for Celtic and covers a lot of ground up and down the flank in the games that I've seen. But it's unknown whether he'd cope in the Premiership or not. Can't see the move happening to be honest though.

I heard this as well and I would like to say to the people who are saying he is not good enough have you seen him?

If not this Sunday watch the Old Firm game I know the stadium will look terrible ;) but it's the player you are to look at, I would say he's their best player (which isn't hard lol) but seriously don't just judge him because he came from a crappy league :mad:

Also:
Mikel Arteta - Played for Rangers
Stilyan Petrov - Played for Celtic

Their are loads more but their the only decent one's in England of the back of my head:)

If you want to mention players that have played in scotland that have made it theres plenty..

Henrik Larsson
Gattuso - Ac Milan
Bronckhorst

and the one everybody is chasing just now Mr Charlie Adam - who unbelievably never performed to well in scotland yet is one of the most chased players in england atm.

and thats only some I can think of at the top of my head

loving the Izzy :wub: from rangers fans, this show how much talent he has.

You wouldn't assume Evra gets injured, but you have to be open to all possibilities. IF he were to be injured, then it would be good if your team had a more experienced backup than Fabio.

Saying that, I wonder if Izaguirre would make the step up to the Premiership. He's shown himself to be a very good fullback for Celtic and covers a lot of ground up and down the flank in the games that I've seen. But it's unknown whether he'd cope in the Premiership or not. Can't see the move happening to be honest though.

We have O'shea who has played there and done well. Not at Evra's level but he has done alright to cement the place in the line up.

If you want to mention players that have played in scotland that have made it theres plenty..

Henrik Larsson
Gattuso - Ac Milan
Bronckhorst

and the one everybody is chasing just now Mr Charlie Adam - who unbelievably never performed to well in scotland yet is one of the most chased players in england atm.

and thats only some I can think of at the top of my head

Forgot about Adam lol but was trying to think of people who play in England right now like Barry Ferguson

I think it's probably bs but apparently SAF was at the last old firm derby to watch over him. SAF is probably keeping tabs on a couple of LBs just in case Evra does leave.

I think it's probably bs but apparently SAF was at the last old firm derby to watch over him. SAF is probably keeping tabs on a couple of LBs just in case Evra does leave.

Personally I thought he was there watching Allan Mcgregor, And SAF is a bit of a blue nose at times :p any excuse for the old boy to come back to govan he will jump at it. Sure he will be watching a few Lb's and others but who knows we will find out eventually :D

Heard some more rumours about signings for united, Such as Gotze from Dortmund, Also apparently Chamberlain was set to sign for Arsenal and United said they will match or better any offer Arsenal make on Buying him and Wages.

And also apparently united have said they will pay a 16 year old from Anderlecht 10k a month to play for them. Anyone have any insight to any of these rumours ?

Wouldn't be worthwile. Or as my retarded assistant manager says: He has great potential. 5 years later, he is still as **** as he used to be.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Villa apparently looking at him also. Everton couldnt afford him tbh + they have Baines. More than likely just more lazy journalism but im bored so I though id post it (A)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tics-highly-rated-left-Emilio-Izaguirre.html?

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport...ve-for-celtic-left-back-emilio-izaguirre.html

after the last old firm game, Honestly say goodbye to Izzy hes surely going to be snapped up. I still hope he goes to United :D

Status
Not open for further replies.