Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering whether it matters in FM to have a regular centre back pairing playing so as to build up a relationship etc.
At the moment im with tottenham and have king, gallas, dawson and phil jones and i tend to juggle them about abit apart from king who i like to keep playing most of the time is it best to stick with 2 centre backs or am i doing no harm really in juggling around?

Reaction score
No, I'd say you're doing quite the opposite, and helping yourself and the team quite a bit. Through rotation you give everyone appearances and keep them happy, and also not tiring them too much, which also helps in preventing injuries.

Reaction score
i tend to stick with the same 2 cb's i think it helps

Reaction score
I do like to squad rotate but usually only in the attacking element ! you need a solid back four!

Reaction score
i dont like changing my defence.:S
i have no problem rotating midfield or strikers

Reaction score
i always have 4 centre backs, and try and have 2 as a solid partnership for the big games but when they need resting always have decent backup. but as for your actual question, I do think you need a central defensive partnership, yeah.

Reaction score
i always have 4 centre backs, and try and have 2 as a solid partnership for the big games but when they need resting always have decent backup. but as for your actual question, I do think you need a central defensive partnership, yeah.
yeah i usually have my 2 main CB's then a good back up then a young CB.

Reaction score
thanks for the comments guys i think i have been doing well so far scored 55 and let in 14 plus its only christmas time!

Think i might start using a prepared back 2 though for the big games most probs phil jones as he has already made a huge impact!

Reaction score
i find that the players personality traits can have an effect, my best two CBs have the same loyal personality trait

Banned
Reaction score
My two CHs are the focal point of my team when one of them is out we tend to struggle

P.s
its Mark Canning and Oliver Nicholas I'd recommend them for any team in league 2 or below as i am boston utd top of the league first season and they are solid

Reaction score
Managed to get Peter Ramage to partner Andy Butler at centre back for Walsall, they were solid.