Challenging the Top - Hearts of Midlothian

clarky1683

Reaction score
View attachment 270450
Hearts Appoint Youth Coach Stephen O'Neill as new Manager
The appointment of Stephen O'Neill has surprised many Hearts fans. He was an ex Hearts youth player before a tragic leg injury ended his promising career at the young age of just 22. After a 4 year break, he decided to start a youth project for Hearts as he wanted to give young talents a better chance at becoming top quality players. This project brought through players such as Jack Hamilton (GK) and Jamie Walker (MID). After 2 successful years doing this, he became a youth coach, and has now been appointed the full time manager.

"I'm 100% delighted to be the Hearts manager. This is the type of thing I dreamed of doing when I was a boy, and now I can't wait to get to work." - Stephen O'Neill.

----------

View attachment 270451
O'Neill wastes no time to improve staff setup
New Hearts manager has replaced assistant Edgaras Jankauskas with Ricky Sbragia and has also brought in 2 scouts and a new physio. With the new staff in place, O'Neill has stated that he is to do some transfer business before the new season starts.

----------

I hope you liked the start of this story! If you could leave some feedback below that would be great! Also, I'm using LFCMarshall's Summer 2012 update, so Rangers are in the 3rd division. :)

View attachment 270460
Hearts sign 6 new players
I decided to buy 6 players in the transfer market. I had a budget of £0 so it was a little difficult and I had to sell a few players for cash. Here are all the transfers.

View attachment 270461

Transfers In:
The fans were "cautious" about the signing of Jeffers, but we were so low on strikers, I just had to get him. Plus he has a lot of experience. Giles Barnes is a quality signing in my opinion. He can play on both wings equally as well and he can whip a great cross in. Halliday is a useful player, as he plays on the wing and he's a pacey striker, which I need, and as for Lalkovic, I asked for a Parent Club, Chelsea was chosen and they sent him here on loan. He's actually a decent little player so I'm happy! I leave the best 2 'til last. Martin Cranie is an absolute coup! He can play RB and CB and he is an amazing defender. Kalifa Cissé was bought by the board because we had some long term injuries in CM so I needed a defensive midfield player. He's not outstanding, but he's good enough.

Transfers Out:
Novikovas and Smith were actually decent players with good potential, but I really needed the cash, and I have other good youngsters in those positions, so it's not the end of the world. Barr just isn't good enough, and I have 3 other RB's that are much better, and Holt needs some first team experience.

Pre Season Friendlies:

View attachment 270462

An okay pre season. Some wins, some losses and a draw. But overall we were okay. Nothing to get too worried about as the games we lost were to top Championship teams.

Competitive Fixtures (July/August):

(SPL) Hearts 3-1 St. Mirren
Sutton, Zaliukas, Barnes

View attachment 270466View attachment 270467

(EL 3rd Qual. Round 1st Leg) Aktobe 0-2 Hearts
Zaliukas, Walker

View attachment 270468View attachment 270469

(SPL) Dundee Utd 0-0 Hearts

View attachment 270470View attachment 270471

(EL 3rd Qual. Round 2nd Leg) Hearts 2-0 Aktobe
McGowan, Halliday

View attachment 270472View attachment 270473

(SPL) Hearts 3-0 Kilmarnock
Jeffers, Sutton, Driver

View attachment 270474View attachment 270475

(SPL) Aberdeen 0-3 Hearts
Robinson, Sutton (2)

View attachment 270476View attachment 270477

(EL 4th Qual. Round 1st Leg) Hearts 1-4 Levante
Sutton

View attachment 270478View attachment 270479

(SPL) Hearts 3-2 Motherwell
Hutchinson O.G, Lalkovic, Webster

View attachment 270480View attachment 270481

(EL 4th Qual. Round 2nd Leg) Levante 1-1 Hearts
Jeffers

View attachment 270482View attachment 270483

(SPL) Hibernian 0-1 Hearts
Barnes

Wow, what a start to the season! Unbeaten in the league, and getting to the 4th Qualifying Round (which is what was expected by the fans and board) is remarkable! The League Cup 3rd Round pits us against First Division Hamilton at home, so an easy win (hopefully!) and if we can do this again next month, we can possibly win the title! Here's the league table:

View attachment 270486

Please leave your thoughts and suggestions people! :)

View attachment 270586
September
Still unbeaten in SPL
Through to 4th round of League Cup
Sutton continues to fire in the goals

(SPL) Hearts 3-1 Dundee
Sutton, Halliday, Driver

View attachment 270587View attachment 270588

(SPL) Celtic 1-1 Hearts
Sutton

View attachment 270589View attachment 270590

(SLC 3rd Round) Hearts 2-0 Hamilton
Zaliukas, Jeffers

View attachment 270591View attachment 270592

(SPL) Hearts 2-1 St. Johnstone
Sutton, Tuffey O.G

View attachment 270593View attachment 270594

A solid month! Still unbeaten in the League and still in with a chance in the League Cup. Very happy!

Something I forgot to do for the first post...

Player of the Month

Sutton

View attachment 270595

An absolute tank up front with 3 goals in 4 games. I don't usually like target men in my team as I think they are a bit pointless but Sutton is proving me wrong!

SPL Table and Player Stats
View attachment 270597View attachment 270599

Thanks for reading :D remember to leave your feedback, and look forward to the next post tomorrow! :)

View attachment 270716
October
Going strong at the top of the SPL
Through to the League Cup Semis

(SPL) Ross County 0-2 Hearts
Robinson, Sutton

View attachment 270719View attachment 270720

(SPL) Hearts 1-0 Inverness CT
Barnes

View attachment 270722View attachment 270723

(SPL) St. Mirren 1-3 Hearts
Jeffers (2), Samson O.G

View attachment 270725View attachment 270726

(SLC) Motherwell 1-1 Hearts (5-6p)
Barnes

View attachment 270727View attachment 270728

(SPL) Hearts 2-2 Dundee United
Grainger, Driver

View attachment 270730View attachment 270731

Still going strong at the summit of the table, and I'm hoping to win the League Cup, although we will have to get past Celtic in the semis.

Player of the Month

Grainger

View attachment 270732

He's been really solid this month. A MotM against Inverness, his match rating hasn't been lower than 7.0 and he scored an absolute screamer against Dundee United.

League Table

View attachment 270733

Thanks for reading :)

Nice story, Celtic are having a stinker of a season

Nice story, Celtic are having a stinker of a season

Thanks :D yeah, and they lost their first two games of the season! I don't think they'll drop points again though, so I will have to keep winning :)

View attachment 270779

November
8 goals in 3 games
STILL unbeaten
Crazy signing

(SPL) Kilmarnock 2-3 Hearts
Driver, Sutton, Halliday

View attachment 270780View attachment 270781

(SPL) Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen
Cissé

View attachment 270785View attachment 270786

(SPL) Hearts 4-0 Hibernian
Cissé, Barnes, Jeffers, Sutton

View attachment 270789View attachment 270790

Great month and to top it off a smashing victory in the Derby! We are well clear at the top of the table!

Scottish Cup 4th Round and League Cup Semi Final Draw

View attachment 270791View attachment 270792

Player of the Month

Cissé

View attachment 270793

2 goals and some top class defensive work this month. Players like him often go unnoticed but he deserves Player of the Month.

League Table

View attachment 270794

Some big news at the end of the month, as we snap up Ivan Klasnic on a free transfer. Hopefully he can strike a partnership with Sutton quickly, and start firing in some goals.

View attachment 270795

Klasnic is a massive coup and you've already achieved the title of the story, aim higher if you can do this well.

Klasnic is a massive coup and you've already achieved the title of the story, aim higher if you can do this well.

Oh he is ;) yeah I'm pretty sure that if you win the SPL you get Champions League football, so I'll aim to do well in Europe over the next few seasons, whilst still challenging for the league :)

Oh he is ;) yeah I'm pretty sure that if you win the SPL you get Champions League football, so I'll aim to do well in Europe over the next few seasons, whilst still challenging for the league :)
I think top two is CL.

View attachment 271057
December
Hearts finally lose
Sutton finds his form again

(SPL) Motherwell 1-2 Hearts
Sutton, Zaliukas

View attachment 271059View attachment 271058

(SPL) Dundee 1-3 Hearts
Klasnic (3)

View attachment 271060View attachment 271061

(SPL) Hearts 2-3 Celtic
Sutton (2)

View attachment 271062View attachment 271063

(SPL) St. Johnstone 1-1 Hearts
Sutton

View attachment 271064View attachment 271065

(SPL) Hearts 2-0 Ross County
Sutton (2)

View attachment 271068View attachment 271069

A mixed month. Sutton was on FIRE! He should have had a hat-trick against Ross but the linesman said he was offside when he wasn't. Bit disappointed with the Celtic game but I guess they just about edged it. Still top of the table though.

Player of the Month

Sutton

View attachment 271070

Need I say why?

League Table

View attachment 271079

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: