iHoward

Reaction score
Champions League Challenge

View attachment 442534

The time has come for me to take on the Champions League Challenge that was set up by KLIPPYBO and Stonecold. Obviously the credit for the idea goes for them and I thought it would be interesting to make a story out of it and since there are many teams to win the champions league with throughout the challenge it should hopefully keep me occupied for a long time. I'd appreciate all the support and following that you guys can provide. That says it all really and I hope that you join me on my journey to conquer the Champions League Challenge.

RULES

1. Screenie required of the final match, Champions League results and of your career history.
2. No edited databases or genie scout or any other form of cheating
3. Future winners dont count (eg if Arsenal win it for the first time this year they will not be included)
4. No adding of new managers - one manager, one save.

Checklist

[] = Not Achieved
[x] = Achieved

Real Madrid []
Barcelona []
Bayern Munich []
Chelsea []
Manchester United []
Juventus [x]
AC Milan []
Inter Milan []
Liverpool []
Borussia Dortmund []
Ajax []
Benfica []
FC Porto []
Marseille []
PSV Eindhoven []
Hamburg SV []
Aston Villa []
Feyenoord []
Celtic []
Nottingham Forest []
Red Star Belgrade []
Steaua Bucharest []

Last edited:
Juventus the First Stop

View attachment 442533

It's important for a young manager to pick the right club for him to begin his Champions League challenge and for me Juventus provide the perfect squad, it's the best time to manage them with such an ageing squad so I will be able to win the league while the players are in the peak of their career before moving on.

Well, this looks familiar ;) All the best with Juve' a great team so hopefully you should look to do well with them, looking forwards to this again, all the best :)

Success Starts with Super Copa

View attachment 442508

You make your own luck in this life and that is certainly what we did tonight, we didn't play as well as we can but the scoreline suggests that we don't need too, 3 set pieces means 3 goals and the first trophy on my way to European Dominance.

Tough Group Awaits Juventus

View attachment 442496

We have a tough group against Chelsea and Shakhtar in particular but Steaua should not be overlooked as past winners of the tournament either. I knew the draw was going to be tough with us not being in pot 1 and this could be a blessing in disguise as we have avoided what could have been the group of death and I am quietly confident of progressing from this group but progressing in second place could really damage our chances of an easy draw in the next round.

Congrats on the first trophy win but a tough group with Shakhtar again, funny :) Hopefully you can hold off the tough opposition and make a statement with Juve! Will be tough winning it with them this year imo, but fingers are crossed for ya :)

Mid Season Review

View attachment 442411

A good start and it seems only Sampdoria are posing a real threat in the race for the Scudetto but hopefully the class in my side helps me to run away from it. Obviously the Scudetto is important because it will help to increase my reputation and find my next club but the Champions League inevitably takes the driving seat.

Champions League Update

View attachment 442407View attachment 442406View attachment 442405View attachment 442404View attachment 442403View attachment 442402
View attachment 442401

A great performance in a group that in all honesty I expected to pose more of a test to our credentials but we make it through comfortably winning all 6 games, hopefully this will mean we get an easier draw after winning the group and it's safe to say entering the knock out rounds on this sort of record will help to strike fear into our opposition.

An exceptional start to the season, Sampdoria are oddly high up the table there, but I'm sure they'll fall away as the season progresses. Great stuff in the CL, 6-0-0 in that group is vey impressive, top job!

Juventus Draw Lucky

View attachment 442393

We couldn't really get a more favourable draw, when you consider the teams that finished second and the possibility of a draw against City or PSG we are thankful to only have Marseille and out of the other teams only Lyon and Schalke would have been just as favourable to use, this proves the value of winning your group.

As expected, a strong set of 16 get through, you should prevail against Marseille then it will get trickier from there on. Good luck!

A fairly nice tie there, got a tough set of games getting through though as set above. Gotta get there first of course, good luck!

Jekyll and Hyde Tie

View attachment 442316

An absolute disgrace, no disrespect to Marseille but from group form we should make light work of this tie and we are now on the brink of elimination and it will take a great performance to salvage anything from the tie back in Turin.

View attachment 442315

You could make films of what has just happened here tonight. Turin is bouncing and rightly so, we overturned a two goal deficit in an extreme fashion. It's important we don't come so reliant on a second leg like we did here because against better teams they will suffocate the game preventing a comeback like this.

View attachment 442314

A lot of good teams have been on the end of surprise eliminations and hopefully we can capitalise on this and take the Champions League back to Turin but it's important we take things one game at a time because it's the beauty of the Champions League that anything can happen at this level.

Good win there, shame about the pressure to do so because of the first leg! Decent tie with Schalke, just got to guard against complacency. Good luck!

Scraping Through, is it Enough?

View attachment 442300

This just isn't acceptable, we are the champions of Italy and to go to Schalke and have a player sent off and concede from a corner in the 80th minute is ridiculous. We better buck our ideas up and fast.

View attachment 442299

We are through to the Champions League Semi-Final but I can openly admit we don't deserve it. It took a Pirlo free-kick in extra time to ensure our passage to the last 4 and quite frankly the teams in the next stage of the tournament will rip our team apart if we continue to play with such complacency and a lack of cutting edge.

View attachment 442296

So we've been drawn against the Oil-rich Manchester City who have a sugar daddy supporting their European adventure and quite frankly they must be happy with their draw when they consider the form of the four teams in this round we have been the worst.

Struggling with the away legs in these games, hopefully things start picking up for you! Man City is a big challenge, Chelsea there again in the other leg, will be interesting once more! All the best!

Juventus Celebrate Treble...but no Champions League

View attachment 442261

We win in the first leg with a smash and grab performance against Manchester City but I expect much more of them on their own turf and I am pessimistic about our chances of reaching the final.

View attachment 442260

My pessimistic attitude has been proven to be well placed as Manchester City dominate at home with their new possession based style of play and we are forced to sit out of the final and hope that our year will be next year.

View attachment 442259

All was not lost I suppose as we managed to win the Italian Cup against Napoli in the final after a boring midfield battle resulted in a penalty shoot-out that we subsequently won 5-4.

View attachment 442258

The Scudetto will also remain in our trophy cabinet for another season as we win it at the death after Napoli lost their final game against Inter and we won against Udinese and we manage to complete a good treble and win every trophy we participated in however the aim of this challenge is to win the Champions League and unfortunately that crown still eludes us.