Champions League final ticket prices revealed

Ed Syers

Seb Larsson, na na na na
Reaction score
"Fans will have to pay £176 for the cheapest ticket on general sale for this season's Champions League final, to be played at Wembley on 28 May.
The "category three" tickets cost £150 plus an administration fee of £26.
However, for fans of the clubs involved in the final, the cheapest tickets will be priced at about £80.
Uefa's director of competitions, Giorgio Marchetti, said the prices were in line with comparable events such as the World Cup final.
He said: "We don't think that the Champions League final is overpriced.
"We do not want to squeeze every single penny out of the market.
"We have to benchmark this event against other comparable events, like for example the final of the Euros and the World Cup."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9401141.stm

Pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I know its a big game, but thats a **** of a lot of money to pay for a football match. I was going to get a ticket, having second thoughts now :S

Thoughts?

i payed 129 quid for a ticket to watch hull in the play-off final in 08 :D

Not ridiculous at all, unfortunately. That's the money you pay for a game as big as that nowadays.

"Fans will have to pay £176 for the cheapest ticket on general sale for this season's Champions League final, to be played at Wembley on 28 May.
The "category three" tickets cost £150 plus an administration fee of £26.
However, for fans of the clubs involved in the final, the cheapest tickets will be priced at about £80.
Uefa's director of competitions, Giorgio Marchetti, said the prices were in line with comparable events such as the World Cup final.
He said: "We don't think that the Champions League final is overpriced.
"We do not want to squeeze every single penny out of the market.
"We have to benchmark this event against other comparable events, like for example the final of the Euros and the World Cup."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9401141.stm

Pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I know its a big game, but thats a **** of a lot of money to pay for a football match. I was going to get a ticket, having second thoughts now :S

Thoughts?

as if the actual ticket isn't expensive enough they charge a huge price, for what exactly? Outrageous amount of money

I paid £100 to go to Athens 2007, although I did have to pay for flights and accomadation aswell. Wouldn't see why anyone would like to go unless they supported one of the teams playing.

The disabled tickets of £80 is more expensive than my ticket which was category 2 to the Carling Cup final :$

I doubt I could go now. Guess it's yet another year slouched on the sofa watching it at home.

Thats a **** of alot of money. Nevermind i guess i will just have to watch Chelsea on TV again :p

I have mine free because of my dad ahaha :p , dont know wich teams will be there, but i am going, it will obviously be an amazing match.

I think I paid £50 quid for a ticket for the Europa League final in Hamburg. However, that is the same price as a 'Grade A' game in the Premier League. Trust Wembley to put up ridiculous prices. It's a real shame.

Well, if you want to watch some of the worlds best players, thats what you have to pay for. Bit steep yeah, but how often will someone get to see the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc

I presume the ticket allocation will be pathetic and there will be barely any available anyway after fifa, uefa, clubs, friends of wembley etc get their hands on them.

I would rather put that money towards my dads subscription to Sky and sit on our nice comfy sofa to watch it. Shame the prices are so high these days but it's the same for any top sporting event unfortunately. They know they can charge that because they know peole will pay it. Fair play to those that can afford to go.

I presume the ticket allocation will be pathetic and there will be barely any available anyway after fifa, uefa, clubs, friends of wembley etc get their hands on them.

Yep, 25,000 for each team. The price isn't a real surprise considering it's a major event and it's at Wembley.

Last edited:
I think (hope) im gonna get a ticket and I live at the other side of the country, I dont care who is in the final hopefully my beloved Arsenal can be there but if they cannot be there I will still be going to my first ever Champiosnleague game :) ( Hopefully )