Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Champions League for promoted teams

Sep 6, 2013
Hi,
I wanted to know; how can you make a Champions League, except for the winners of the 2nd tier in each European nation? I want to do this without messing up the actual CL/EL. Thanks ;)

dllu

Apr 14, 2015
You can use Continental Rules to create a tournament like that. It's not that difficult to do, but it's difficult to give a short explanation. ;) Mainly, you need to:

- Specify which competition will provide teams for the tournament and how many teams each competition will provide (in this case 1 each, I guess).
- If you want the teams to be accurate in the first season, you have to add them to the competition manually under "registered teams".
- You then have to add each stage of the tournament individually: Qualifying rounds if necessary + group stage + each playoff round.

My advise would be to play around with the Continental Rules a bit and try the different functions out.

Sep 6, 2013
You can use Continental Rules to create a tournament like that. It's not that difficult to do, but it's difficult to give a short explanation. ;) Mainly, you need to:

- Specify which competition will provide teams for the tournament and how many teams each competition will provide (in this case 1 each, I guess).
- If you want the teams to be accurate in the first season, you have to add them to the competition manually under "registered teams".
- You then have to add each stage of the tournament individually: Qualifying rounds if necessary + group stage + each playoff round.

My advise would be to play around with the Continental Rules a bit and try the different functions out.
Thanks very much, but will that mess up the existing CL?

Sep 6, 2013
From what I read, it shouldn't mess up CL. You'd be creating a completely new competition to exist next to the CL.

Although you gotta control it with the game
Thanks. How do you create the stages and rules though? I can't find the option to do that on my FM Editor.

Last edited: