Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to know; how can you make a Champions League, except for the winners of the 2nd tier in each European nation? I want to do this without messing up the actual CL/EL. Thanks ;)

You can use Continental Rules to create a tournament like that. It's not that difficult to do, but it's difficult to give a short explanation. ;) Mainly, you need to:

- Specify which competition will provide teams for the tournament and how many teams each competition will provide (in this case 1 each, I guess).
- If you want the teams to be accurate in the first season, you have to add them to the competition manually under "registered teams".
- You then have to add each stage of the tournament individually: Qualifying rounds if necessary + group stage + each playoff round.

My advise would be to play around with the Continental Rules a bit and try the different functions out.

You can use Continental Rules to create a tournament like that. It's not that difficult to do, but it's difficult to give a short explanation. ;) Mainly, you need to:

- Specify which competition will provide teams for the tournament and how many teams each competition will provide (in this case 1 each, I guess).
- If you want the teams to be accurate in the first season, you have to add them to the competition manually under "registered teams".
- You then have to add each stage of the tournament individually: Qualifying rounds if necessary + group stage + each playoff round.

My advise would be to play around with the Continental Rules a bit and try the different functions out.
Thanks very much, but will that mess up the existing CL?

Thanks very much, but will that mess up the existing CL?

From what I read, it shouldn't mess up CL. You'd be creating a completely new competition to exist next to the CL.

Although you gotta control it with the game

From what I read, it shouldn't mess up CL. You'd be creating a completely new competition to exist next to the CL.

Although you gotta control it with the game
Thanks. How do you create the stages and rules though? I can't find the option to do that on my FM Editor.

Last edited: