Liverpool complete Henderson deal

How is it not his fault loool?

He wanted Carroll so he paid 35m for him, when he is worth about 10 at max.

55million on two average players. Wow.

You do have a point but when u look at the circumstances the transfers took place in:

Torres was about to leave on the same day Carroll was bought, and as Torres did not want to stay it was in Liverpool's interest to let him go and they had no choice but to look for another striker to replace Torres on the same day, Newcastle tok advantage of this and pumped 35m out of Liverpool who had no choice but to cough up as they would have been in serious trouble if they went into the second half of the season with only Suarez as the recognised striker (and what if he injured himself, was not able to adapt to the pl etc), hence they had to buy someone who was proven in the PL and that was Carroll

Since Liverpool did not qualify for Europe at all they can hardly try to entice players such as Sneijder and Javier Pastore, realisitic options were players such as Henderson and Charlie Adam and due to the inflated prices of young english talent nowadays due to the homegrown rules, any club would have been forced to pay over the odds for Henderson add to the fact that Henderson was Sunderlands star midfielder making Sunderland less likely to sell him for a cut-throat price

that's why ^^

Sigh, don't make us close another Henderson thread.

Good signing for Liverpool. Question for the fans though..

Are you happier that you're keeping N'Gog or were you happier that he was going as part of the deal?
Happy keeping him, I rate N'Gog as I said on the other thread :p. Good deal for us, glad we wrapped it up.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Seems like a nice bloke from his interview, can imagine him giving his all.
You judged him on an interview!? He does give his all, though, unlike a certain player, *cough* Torres *cough*.

I’m interested to know how Liverpool fans feel they will line up (midfield wise) next season. Is Charlie Adam really needed now? & will Gerrard really be a pivotal player?

I think this policy of bringing in young British talent is honourable & exciting. 20m is very steep for Henderson, a player who was lacklustre from the turn of the year. He has potential though and KK will surely get the best out of him. Exciting times for Liverpool fans.
Nah, I don't think anyone else is needed. Jordan Henderson, Raul Meireles and Steven Gerrard can all play as a playmaker (Meireles as a Deep-Lying one though) and we only realistically have 2 CM slots for 4 top players (Gerrard, Meireles, Henderson and Lucas) and I don't think we need to spend £8m on a 26 year old (?) who is pretty unproven, apart from impressing at Blackpool in an average team.

Kenny Dalglish sure knows how to overpay for players!
West Ham: One of the highest wage bills in the Prem (not anymore though) yet they finish last and get relegated before the last day. Signed Barrera for £4m, Piquonne for £1m, Obinna on £30k p/w, Dyer (used to be) on £70k p/w and got Robbie Keane on loan (massive wages) who is **** anyway, you already have loads of strikers and puts him on the bench. Anyway, Comolli probably dealt with this signing.

Carroll is not worth £10m, £35m was too much for him but still, the two players are young, English, proven and they are two of the best English youngsters.

Carroll scored a double for us against Man City, and scored for England, Henderson is an exceptional talent who works hard and £20m is not that much now for an English youngster on a long term contract.

I could go on, but I won't as I don't want this thread closed. Henderson is a good signing, like I said, but £20m is maybe a bit too much, I would be very happy if it was £10m-£15m. But, oh well, it's very hard to get cheap, young and English talent.

Good news, im glad he has joined. I think he will turn out to be a great signing.

I was watching an interview with David Comolli on LFC TV and he said that the price has been reported wrong. It will be interesting to find out what the actual fee is worth.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very busy transfer window, not just for Liverpool, but ever team in the PL, and im really looking forward to it.

On another note, I was at Wembley when Henderson made his England debut. :D

I'm not talking about West Ham though lol.. yes we know we got relegated, yes we know we spend way to much on players wages, yes we know we have bad owners, yes we know we are in the championship.

Henderson will not improve your team! 20 million could've gone somewhere else, maybe a centre back to replace Kyriagos and that lad who should retire Mr Carragher. Henderson is a good player, but he only showed glimpses, was not so consistent. Where was he when Sunderland hadn't won for about 3 months?! Carroll scored a double against City, now that justifies his 35m price tag..

Obinna on 30k a week? He was on loan you dope.

I'm not talking about West Ham though lol.. yes we know we got relegated, yes we know we spend way to much on players wages, yes we know we have bad owners, yes we know we are in the championship.

Henderson will not improve your team! 20 million could've gone somewhere else, maybe a centre back to replace Kyriagos and that lad who should retire Mr Carragher. Henderson is a good player, but he only showed glimpses, was not so consistent. Where was he when Sunderland hadn't won for about 3 months?! Carroll scored a double against City, now that justifies his 35m price tag..

Obinna on 30k a week? He was on loan you dope.

Mr Carragher should retire? That proves you know nothing on Liverpool.
You seem to think you're the all knowing on Liverpool matters, when you're really not.

Carroll is a superb player. A young, extremely talented forward of huge promise. Likewise, Henderson could be an England regular for years to come.

And actually it was 5 million on two good young players, seeing as Torres was sold.

Carroll is a superb player. A young, extremely talented forward of huge promise. Likewise, Henderson could be an England regular for years to come.

And actually it was 5 million on two good young players, seeing as Torres was sold.

I'd argue they are still not worth what they were bought for though.
And I just bought bike for £200 because I sold the other one...

Last edited:
I'd argue they are still not worth what they were bought for though.
And I just bought bike for £200 because I sold the other one...

Don't think anyone would disagree with you about prices for players being loopy.

But Carroll deal was essentially Chelsea paid Carroll's price plus £15m. If Carroll had been £30m, Chelsea would have paid £45m. If Carroll had been £20m, Chelsea would have paid £35m. It's Roman's money which was spent, so that's the way it goes. Newcastle ultimately will benefit if Ashley puts it back into the club. Liverpool benefit by getting the striker they wanted as a replacement without any problems. And Chelsea got Torres.

Still, only player like Mata and Hazard can move the club forward right now. I want to see a marquee signing like Suarez.

Henderson price is actually 16.5 million with possible add-ons rising to 20m.

Still, only player like Mata and Hazard can move the club forward right now. I want to see a marquee signing like Suarez.

I'd be happy with a left back who can defend and a left winger who can cross.

I'd take that, as long as Zhirkov is on 50k or less per week.

No mate, give Zhirkhov a swerve - he's another IPP - we've already got Agger & F. Aurelio. Poor Stevie's going that way too now.

No mate, give Zhirkhov a swerve - he's another IPP - we've already got Agger & F. Aurelio. Poor Stevie's going that way too now.

Can't be worse than Joe Cole!