Chapman7 Manchester United Tactic thread. Patch 12.2.2.

chapman7

Reaction score
So I'm back, with my first tactic for FM12 with United.First of all I'm using the same formation as I used for one of my last tactics for FM11. This tactic has been very successful so far in my current save gone unbeaten all season won every game, 10 points clear of the Premier League, Top of my Champions League Group(Borussia Dortmund, Rangers + Olympique de Marseille)My target with this tactic was to win good and to dominate the opposition. Just like how Barcelona dominate with possession and passing with counter attack. This is how I aim to have my players play which so far has worked. My Central Midfielder Right is my main Midfielder and heart of the team, with a average passing ratio of 91% with 509/557 successful passes made with Carrick playing as Deep-lying Playmaker- Defend and then with Willian he has a 86% pass ratio with 400/462 successful passes made. I have opted to give Paul Pogba First Team football instead of sending him on loan, I have given him 5 appearances in total starting just 1 he has made 46/56 successfully made with a 85% pass ratio

View attachment 255445View attachment 255446View attachment 255448

Strikers and my wingers are the reason behind the tactic being the success it has been for me. Javier Hernandez has 22 goals in 22 appearances with a 54/90 shots on Target 60%. Nani's 10 assists proves how vital the right winger is for assist wise. Then Ashley Young's 9 goals in 20 appearances is another perk for my goals ratio for my tactic.

View attachment 255444View attachment 255439View attachment 255440View attachment 255443View attachment 255442

The Tactic-
4-4-2/4-2-2-2

View attachment 255438
My best results so far to date-

Download link - View attachment 257200

Man Utd vs Wigan

View attachment 255452View attachment 255453

Man Utd vs Rangers

View attachment 255455View attachment 255454

Arsenal vs Man Utd

View attachment 255458View attachment 255459

Players performing well-

View attachment 255444View attachment 255439View attachment 255443View attachment 255447View attachment 255460View attachment 255461View attachment 255462View attachment 255469View attachment 255468View attachment 255470

Last edited:
Hey!

I remember you from fm 10 and fm11, your tactics were superb. I think it was either you or hanc that made that David Villa tactic back in the day- either way glad to see you back here on these forums!

Looks an interesting tactic, and its with my favourite team. From the looks of things it looks as if you haven't done much testing with it yet? Is this more a work in project or is it a finished product?

Hey I also know you too from my threads!

We both done our own versions think my version seemed to dominate and score more often than his one did.

I haven't had the game long then my Internet went down for few days just got it back up last night and so haven't had a chance to test it with any other teams which will be the next thing to do on the list unless someone else has a go at it.

But it's still work in progress at the minute.

Alright dude! I decided to give your tactic ago with my Cambridge side who are currently 6th in the Prem(Our first season aswell) in January. Anyways all throughout the season Ive been trying different tactics and I just couldn't find that consistent tactic. So I thought I'd give this a go in the FA Cup against Stoke away. We drew 1-1, at first we started off slow but I think thats cos I'd just put the tactic in, afterwards we played Southampton away losing 2-0 at HT, after giving the lads a good old rant we ended up winning the game 3-2! So I thought I'd test it for a few more games, we won Wolves at home 4-0 and we won Stoke at home 5-3 (bit dissapointed about conceding 3 seeing as thought we was winning 5-0). So all in all I thin so far the tactics great, dominates the opposition, creates lots of chances just maybe the defence is abit shaky at times but that may be just my defenders as they've been the same for all the tactics I've used. I'll let you know how I do in the next few games :) Keep up the good work!

Alright dude! I decided to give your tactic ago with my Cambridge side who are currently 6th in the Prem(Our first season aswell) in January. Anyways all throughout the season Ive been trying different tactics and I just couldn't find that consistent tactic. So I thought I'd give this a go in the FA Cup against Stoke away. We drew 1-1, at first we started off slow but I think thats cos I'd just put the tactic in, afterwards we played Southampton away losing 2-0 at HT, after giving the lads a good old rant we ended up winning the game 3-2! So I thought I'd test it for a few more games, we won Wolves at home 4-0 and we won Stoke at home 5-3 (bit dissapointed about conceding 3 seeing as thought we was winning 5-0). So all in all I thin so far the tactics great, dominates the opposition, creates lots of chances just maybe the defence is abit shaky at times but that may be just my defenders as they've been the same for all the tactics I've used. I'll let you know how I do in the next few games :) Keep up the good work!

That's great that your testing it for me. Yeah it started of slow for me to my very first competitive game j beat Manchester City 2-1 in community shield then it was a 1-0 win over Spurs and then Manchester City again 2-1 I believe can't be completely sure if it was the same aas the first game against them as ain't on mmy laptop right now.

It good to see you are getting good results too, yeah it dominates, creates chances clear cut chances are usually high and then my defence are usually solid, depends who I am playing for example my match preparation is specified for different opposition if it's a bottom half of the table team example Wigan I put it my match preparation on Attacking Movement - High then if its a high table team like Arsenal and Chelsea its Defensive Movement - High which ever my match preparation is its always set to high.

The more familiar the squad get used to playing the tactic they wwill score and defend more solidly. Give it a good two/ three months of playing time on the game time then you should be more solid defensive and more solid attacking and deadly in front of goal.

You faster striker should. Be the Poaxher with Run Onto Ball instruction.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
I just got the chance to renew my expectations for the season. I'm in need of a new Right Back so may try persuade Shakhtar Donetsk to sell Darijo Srna to me. Hopefully they will ask for a reasonable price.

View attachment 256155

I'm testing your tactic with stoke , I know it's different I'm tryin To change the way stoke play as tony pulls doesn't seem to wanna try so I need to get rid of players and buy some new ones who can pass and keep ball on ground.. So defo going be a season of transition but going try I won all per season games even beat madrid at home but looking good.. Any types of players for each position or targets would be helpful, or any kind of touch shouts or tweaks or may suggest be helpful....I tried to look at your screenshot of ur team but it doesn't load

I'm testing your tactic with stoke , I know it's different I'm tryin To change the way stoke play as tony pulls doesn't seem to wanna try so I need to get rid of players and buy some new ones who can pass and keep ball on ground.. So defo going be a season of transition but going try I won all per season games even beat madrid at home but looking good.. Any types of players for each position or targets would be helpful, or any kind of touch shouts or tweaks or may suggest be helpful....I tried to look at your screenshot of ur team but it doesn't load

Hello, this will be an interesting test for this tactic. With the screenshots recently they don't load if you click on them for me so I just open them in a new tab as I use google chrome.

Types of players stoke will be need of is either a deep-lying playmaker or an advanced playmaker due to them not having one. I would suggest waiting unroll January as John Obi Mikel is transfer listed and is cheap to buy then. You will need a ball winning midfielder. Fas wingers is vital! For when you hit teams on he counter attack, having a poacher who has good stats for - finishing off the ball pace and composure just like Chicharito. The striker on the right needs to have good work rate and team work to play to the level Rooney plays for me.

Teams shouts before each match before I start the game after delivering team talk I will either say Pass to feet/Pass into space and work ball into box depends how well they defensively strong they are if solid then usually pays off to use pass into space but I always start with pass to feet. If its a weak team like Wigan use pass to feet work ball into box and retain possession. Opposition instructions. An be he reason behind a win loose and a win, I mark the playmaker with show onto weaker foot and close down always then it's their most attacking threat strikers with good finishing and wingers with good dribbling and crossing to be shown onto weaker foot. Only do three at most of marking anymore then may be to much work to carry out to focus on winning the game. Anything else I remember I'll post to you or anything you need just ask.

Thanks for getting bk to me, it's certainly a test for stoke but I try and c... So is the left winger a winger or playmaker... BWm isn't a problem I have palacios and can easily sign Hargreaves or reo Coker. Playmakers wingers and strikers seem to be difficult to get ESP fast good ones... Doesn't the right striker have to be set as dlf as wonderingifcrouch be ok or if I could change him to complete forward or something ... Any players u can suggest be great.

Thanks for getting bk to me, it's certainly a test for stoke but I try and c... So is the left winger a winger or playmaker... BWm isn't a problem I have palacios and can easily sign Hargreaves or reo Coker. Playmakers wingers and strikers seem to be difficult to get ESP fast good ones... Doesn't the right striker have to be set as dlf as wonderingifcrouch be ok or if I could change him to complete forward or something ... Any players u can suggest be great.

Yeah Palacios is the man for Ball Winning Midfielder playmaker approach Ze Roberto he was released in the 2010-11 season but gets resigned by HSV if you dont offer a good enough offer before hand. Crouch should be capable to play there just have it as Attack duty. Is it not Deep-lying forward and the left winger should be Winger if it's not must have been saved after I started Cleverly on the left and started Berbatov too if it's not deep-lying forward.

not doing too bad managed to sell alot of the players i wanted to get rid off, in when i load the tactic up the left winger is a adv playmaker the right is a winger, left striker is poacjer and right a dlf is this right,,, im just havin problems with scoring i can create chances they just dont finish them i need to train them i think but otherwise it doing well possesion is about 40 -60 %,, the team is accomplished nearly with tactic should i change it to very fluid or anythin,, how ur save doing

not doing too bad managed to sell alot of the players i wanted to get rid off, in when i load the tactic up the left winger is a adv playmaker the right is a winger, left striker is poacjer and right a dlf is this right,,, im just havin problems with scoring i can create chances they just dont finish them i need to train them i think but otherwise it doing well possesion is about 40 -60 %,, the team is accomplished nearly with tactic should i change it to very fluid or anythin,, how ur save doing

Ok I'll re-put the tactic in with the way I thought it was then you will know for sure it's right :) and yeah possession is really good with this tactic for me that is and from what you are telling me for you to. If you like get a screenshot of your team in tactic with the positions filled so I can get an idea for how I can help with your preferred team. Very Fluid would possibly be a bad idea if you ask me but you could give it a try and see how it goes then let me know what the out come is with. My saw is going well still, top of the league still won all games apart from one which was Liverpool and was an unlucky loss plus was at Anfield to. But apart from the loss it's going very well.

Hi mate what pitch size do you use, and do you use any training schedules coz pogba looks to be developing well!

Hi mate what pitch size do you use, and do you use any training schedules coz pogba looks to be developing well!

It's the Length 105m and Width 68m due to European regulations, and my training schedules are Duncan's ones "Dunc's Training 30 years + Medium Workload V1 :)

I can't seem to find where to download the tactic, does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry Craig, if by OP you meant original post, I still can't find it....

It's in the very first post, all you do is click and should download instantly.