Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySams10

Reaction score
Chaque Garçon Rêve.....
(Every Boy's Dream.....)
a Streaky25 story.

dsc_4200.jpg

I finished packing my bag and made my way to meet the Under 13s, that I coach and their manager, Jon, before we set off to take part in an end of season tournament in France.
The weekend will consist of us travelling to the small village of Peronnas, which is situated in the Rhone-Alpes in Eastern France, on the Friday, before playing in a four team tournament on Saturday, then heading home back to Hampshire the following day.

Once we arrived at our hotel and checked into our rooms, myself and Jon took the lads to the local park for a gentle training session, while the parents stayed back in the hotel bar to unwind in their own way.
The following morning after a big breakfast, we all met on the coach and headed to the tournament.
On arrival we were met by Gilles Garnier, chairman of FC Bourg Peronnas, who's team play at the stadium that was hosting the tournament. After a brief chat with Mr Garnier, we headed off to the changing rooms, dropped off our equipment and made our way to the stand to watch our opposition, who were playing in the opening match.

As the sun started to go down on the warm Saturday evening, the final whistle sounded to end the last game of the round robin tournament. Although we finished third in the group, ahead of a team from Sweden, but behind the Belgium and French teams, we didn't disgrace ourselves and will be able to take away a lot from this experience.
We said then our goodbyes and headed back to our hotel, where the lads were allowed some free time, to either go for a swim or play in the games room, while the rest of us went for a well earned rest in the bar, before dinner.

While I was at the bar ordering a round of drinks, I received a tap on my shoulder, as I turned round I was greeted by Mr Garnier, who I met earlier at the tournament.

Mr Garnier: " Bonjour Andy, How are you? "

Me: " I'm well, thank you Mr Garnier, I wasn't expecting to see you again so soon. "

Mr Garnier: " I know Monsieur Andy, but I would like to speak to you about something. Can we sit and chat? "

Me: " Of course, let me take these drinks back and we can sit over there. "

I took the drinks back to Jon and the others and headed over towards a table in the corner where Mr Garnier was making himself comfortable.

Mr Garnier: " Thank you for taking time out to chat Andy. First I must say how impressed I was with how the team you and Monsieur Jon coach, did in the matches today.
Jon mentioned what a difference you have made to the team and the
fresh new ideas you have introduced to the players and how well they have reacted to these changes. "

Me: " Merci, Haha. Well I'm very passionate about football and am keen to make a difference back
home in England, in the hope that the players at grassroot level, will stand a better chance of playing at a good standard later on in their careers.
And also, for myself to be part of a project, where I can increase the quality of learning and development for the coaches and the players back at the club, across all the age groups.

Mr Garnier: " Ahh I see. Well hopefully what I am about to speak to you about, will get you just as passionate.
The ground where we met today is home of the team I'm chairman of, FC Boug Peronnas, we currently play in the Championnat National after being promoted last season.
My manager Herve Della Maggiore's contract runs out at the end of this month and he has made it clear to me that he doesn't want to renew his contract, which means I'm looking for a new young manager that can help improve my clubs stature in this country.
And after meeting you today, and hearing from Jon and the other parents, I feel you have what I'm looking for and would like to offer you the position of manager. What do you think? "

Me: " Are you sure you want me to take on this challenge? I haven't any experience as a manager at this level, and despite my qualifications, I have only been involved at a semi professional level on a much smaller scale. "

Mr Garnier: " Heyyyy Monsieur Andy, I would not of made this visit, if I didn't believe in your ability. I know you haven't had any experience, but that is the risk I'm willing to take! "

Me: " Okay, well yes, I'd be happy to accept your offer. "

Mr Garnier: " Ahh Super Andy
, I will get a contract emailed to you and look forward to seeing you in two weeks,
ready for the pre-season. "

Once back in England, I picked up the email sent to me via Mr Garnier's personal assistant. After I read through it, I put pen to paper on a 1 year, £825 a week contract. With the contract signed and sent, it was time to put my house on the market, pack up my belongings and get ready for my move to France.

images

FC BOURG-PERONNAS
(SEASON 1)

View attachment 317745

After arriving in France and moving into my rented flat, I started to go through the various bits of paperwork that had been left for me, which included a detailed report of the current squad.

Goalkeepers - Apart from on loan keeper, Yassine El Kharroubi who will be my number 1, I don't have anyone as a back up that I can rely on regularly.

Defenders - I have good depth in the centre back positions, with two promising youngsters in Quentin Lacour and Maxime Moisy, who I hope can become key over the season. One area that I will have to add to is at right back where I currently don't have anyone able to play their comfortably. At left back we have 34 year old Aurelien Faivre, who according to my assistant will is my key player, so I will be looking to him to set the tempo and attitude required for how I want the team to perform.

Midfielders - Jimmy Nirlo looks to be my best midfielder, though I will have to train him to become more competent in a central midfield role. Sebastien Definod also will play a big part in my midfield three, but I will have to look at the transfer/loan market to bring in a couple more midfielders.

Attackers - Cyril Chapuis will be my main striker, who I hope with his experience, will be able to help the development of back up forward Jeremy Manzorro. In the inside forward position on the right, will be Anthony Abou Deraa, and unfortunately I don't have anyone who can play out on the left, so I will look to delve into the transfer market again when I go on the hunt to improve the midfield.

After I looked through the playing staff, I then went onto read through the thoughts and views of my backroom team. Despite everyone being very passionate and keen on staying, I decided to make the tough call to let three of the four non playing staff leave the club. I have chosen to keep Boris Berraud, as he has the same thoughts as myself on what direction we want the club to go.
With my backroom team looking very short of numbers, I picked up my mobile and put a call into a friend of mine back home in England, to see if they had any ex professionals keen on gaining some experience in the French third tier as my assistant.
While I was waiting for a call back, I received a text from my chairman Mr Garnier, saying that FC Boug Peronnas legend David Arredi was keen on joining the scouting team and working alongside me.
With a new scout on board, I also added Julien Revert to the coaching team, who will give me some vital knowledge of the league and potential player targets.
Englishman Kevin Grundy, was also quickly added to the non-playing staff, as he joined as physio.
Eventually, I received the call back I was waiting for and after a short conversation, I was delighted to conclude a deal for former Southampton player David Hughes, as my new assistant. After speaking with David, it was noticable to me that he has the same hunger and drive as me to make a name for ourselves in the game and was excited to get started straightaway.

Last edited:
FC BOURG-PERONNAS

JULY 2012

images

The next few days was spent introducing myself and my new backroom team, to the current crop of players and then putting them through their paces, getting everyone to understand the new tactics and playing philosophy I'm going to implement throughout the club.
Off the training pitch, I was busy finalising a few transfers that I hope will bring some healthy competition to the squad and allow us to reach our aim for the season, which was to escape relegation.

View attachment 317790

First through the door was midfielder Franck Pergaud who was a free agent and will be a first team regular when fit, and hopefully his experience playing in Ligue 1, will benefit the team.

View attachment 317791

I then signed right back Jeremy Maupeu, on a free, who has played in this league all his playing career, so hopefully that will help him settle quickly.

View attachment 317795

Finally to join the squad was young talented midfielder Mehdi Bourabia, who joined us on yet another free transfer. After beating off a number of teams for his signature, I have high hopes Mehdi, can fill the left inside forward position until a better option becomes available, before slotting into the middle of the park later on in the season.

FRIENDLY
Wednesday 11th July 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 1,123

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 1) FC Thun
Abou Derra, Manzorro

A superb come back after we found ourselves one down at half time. The team responded brilliantly to my half time team talk, to ensure a first win against a good FC Thun side.

FRIENDLY
Wednesday 18th July 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 247

FC Bourg-Peronnas (1 - 1 ) Martigny
Faivre

Again we had to stage a fightback to get something from this game, and we had to wait until deep into injury time when captain Aurelien Faivre scored with a long range free kick.

FRIENDLY
Saturday 21st July 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 246

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 2) Echallens
Faivre, Abou Derra

This time we were on the end of a comeback. We were leading for 60 minutes and in total control of the game and then complacency crept in and we threw away a two goal lead and drew the game.

FRIENDLY
Saturday 28th July 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 261

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 2) CS Louhans-Cuiseaux
Faivre(pen), Stephan(o.g)

Yet another draw, another lead thrown away and more complacency. Again we lead 2-0, and despite numerous chances to extend the lead, which we couldnt convert due to poor finishing, we left to rue those misses, as we drew our third and final friendly

With my first month in charge out the way and despite not starting the competitive games until August, the four friendly games had allowed me to use most of my squad, giving me the opportunity to see who is capable of producing the levels of performances I'm looking for and also to chat to the squad in depth about the alarming lack of concentration that put a disappointing look on our pre-season results.

August 2012

images

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 3rd August 2012
Colmar Stadium. Att: 1,688

FC Colmar (0 - 1) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Bourabia

A fantastic start in our opening league game. Despite being second best for most of the game, we found the break through in the closing stages, with the winning goal in only our second attack of the game.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 11th August 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 845

FC Bourg-Peronnas (3 - 1) Orleans Loiret Football
Lacour, Manzarro, Bourabia

A brilliant 3 points, in what was billed as a 6 pointer this early in the season. Hot Prospect Quentin Lacour was the star, as he put in a man of the match performanceat the heartof the defence
to ensure back to back victories.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 17th August 2012
Stade De La Liberation. Att: 8,475

USBCO (0 - 0) FC Bourg-Peronnas

Superb defensive performance tonight, as we shut out the hosts attacking threat. Quentin Lacour again picked up the MOTM award, as we remained unbeaten. We also welcomed back, influential striker Cyril Chapuis to the starting line up, after a short lay off with injury.

FRENCH NATIONAL
25th August 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 1,309

FC Bourg-Peronnas (0 - 1) Amiens SC Football

No shame in our first loss against a side who are tipped to be challenging for promotion come the end of the season. After going behind early in the 1st half, we created more chances than our visitors, but couldn't find the equaliser.

FRENCH NATIONAL
31st August 2012
Stade Maurice Postaire. Att: 1,378

AS Cherbourg Football (3 - 2) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Bourabia, Chapuis. Chapuis sent off

Very entertaining game, and disappointing to be on the end of a second consecutive loss. We went 1 down after 6 minutes, but hit back immediately with a well taken finish. Then midway through the 2nd half, we fell behind again, but pulled level in the 66th minute. The hosts then regained the lead for the final time with a quarter of the game remaining.
In the closing stages of the game, controversy struck, when Bourabia latched onto a through pass by Chapuis, and as Bourabia was about to shoot, the ref pulled the game back and showed Chapuis a second yellow for diving!!!

View attachment 317960

Despite the two recent losses, I'm very happy with my start to the season and if I can keep my key players fit and available and hopefully attract some more quality, then we can be in for a positive campaign.

Nice, like the story so far... Keep it up mate.

September 2012

images

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 8th September 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 882

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 0) ES Uzes Pont Du Gard
Manzorro, Definod

Back to winning ways against a side tipped to be battling with ourselves for relegation. We should
have won by a much bigger margin, but our inability to convert chances is worrying and I hope it
improves over the course of the season.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 14th September 2012
Complexe Sportif Du Moulin-Boisseau. Att: 620

USJA Carquefou (1 - 1) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Goyon

We looked to be heading for defeat when we conceded in the 80th minute, but we hit back superbly and drew
level thanks to Yannick Goyon's first goal of the season.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Tuesday 18th September 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 913

FC Bourg-Peronnas (4 - 2) Le Poire-Sur-Vie VF
Manzorro(2), Bourabia(2)

A great win and performance to match. We dominated the match from start to finish, though some
of our defending was a little heart stopping at times

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 21st September 2012
Stade Saint-Symphorien. Att: 9,423

FC Metz (3 - 1) FC Bourg-Peronnas
N'Gbakoto o.g

A good performance against the strongest side in the division. We played well and could've taken
the lead, but hit the post early on, which from that attack we got hit on the break to concede the first, after that the home sides quality shone through.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 29th September 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 931

FC Bourg-Peronnas (0 - 2) US Quevilly
Moisy sent off

I was furious after this defeat, especially against a side that was struggling in the relegation zone. Our job was
made tougher with the sending off, but even before then we didn't look like creating anything.

View attachment 318195

Although we aren't tipped to finish in the top half of the table, we have started the season brightly, but we need to make sure we don't slip up on too many more occasions against the sides at the bottom of the league.
I do have concerns that we lack quality in certain areas and with few options available in the transfer market, it will be down to me to give the players extra belief in their ability, to help keep us away from a relegation battle.

OCTOBER 2012

images

TRANSFER UPDATE

View attachment 318266

On the final day of the transfer window I struck a deal to bring Inside Forward Julien Herluison to the club. Even though he is my only left sided attacking player, he will provide back up to the in form Mehdi Bourabia, who is currently working hard in training on his new position

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 5th October
Stade Robert Diochon. Att: 2,981

FC Rouen (1 - 1) FC Bourg-Perronas
Manzorro

Despite drawing with a team sitting in the top 3 in the league, we led and dominated for large periods of the game, but ended up letting in a late equaliser due an awful error by my goalkeeper.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 13th October 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 914

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 0) Vannes OC
Lacour, Di Tommaso

Our best performance of the season so far. Though after we missed a penalty midway through the 2nd half, I thought we'd end up drawing again, but the miss spurred the team on to claim a welcome 3 points.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 19th October 2012
Stade Du Corbet. Att: 95

Luzenac Ariege Pyrenees (1 - 1) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Manzorro

A draw in front of the smallest crowd ever for a competitive game. Again, we took the lead, but couldn't hold on, as we conceded shortly after opening the scoring. Still, it continued our unbeaten run.

FRENCH CUP - 6th ROUND
Sunday 28th October 2012
Stade Du Montaigu. Att: 740

Jarville JF (0 - 1) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Definod

This game against a lowly non-league side allowed me to rest some of my important players, which is why we struggled to find the break through. But we did find the goal on the stroke of half time to put us in the hat for the next round.

View attachment 318269

A very good month and my firstone unbeaten. The players seem to be understanding the 433 formation I'm wanting us to play and also the different styles that go with each game. A nice cup run would be good to go on, to hopefully bring in some needed extra money.

NOVEMBER 2012

images

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 3rd November 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 996

FC Bourg-Peronnas (1 - 1) EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael
Bourabia

We took the lead on the stroke of half time, but like in recent matches, we threw away more points, as the away side equalised with 20 minutes left.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Wednesday 7th November 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 998

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 1) Red Star FC
Goyon pen, Definod

Fantastic win and performance to go with it. Again, the players were superb in all departments and with a bit more composure in front of goal, we would've won by a bigger margin.

FRENCH CUP - 7th ROUND
Saturday 17th November 2012
Complexe Sportif Claude Wolff. Att: 303

FC Chamalieres (2 - 3) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Chapuis(2), Marchant

Again the cup and opposition allowed me to make a few changes to the starting line up. Though we did leave it late to win the game, when midfielder Gaetan Marchant scored in the 88th minute to seal the victory.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 23rd November 2012
Stade De La Colombiere. Att: 1,468

SAS Epinal (0 - 0) FC Bourg-Peronnas

Despite this being a bore draw, it extended our unbeaten run in the league to 6 games.

View attachment 318270

Another brilliant month and performances of a high standard to go with it. I'm really pleased with how the team are gelling and if we can stay injury free, we could have a fantastic season as we currently sit 6th in the league. Though one area we need to improve on is our concentration after we have scored, as we have a tendency to let in goals straight after.

December 2012

images

FRENCH CUP - 8th ROUND
Saturday 8th December 2012
Stade Auguste Gentelet. Att: 144

US Fleury-Merogis (0 - 2) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Bourabia(2)

As we only had 3 games this month, I decided to field my strongest 11 and we ran out easy winners, in what was a relatively straight forward win.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 15th December 2012
Stade Municipal. Att: 1,026

FC Bourg-Peronnas (0 - 1) FC Paris

Our first defeat in 9 competitive games and a disappointing end to a fine run of performances. We did have a great chance to draw level in the closing stages, but a fine double save from the opposition keeper kept us from scoring.

FRENCH NATIONAL
22nd December 2012
Stade Du Bastio. Att: 961

CA Bastia (0 - 1) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Abou Deraa

This was the first game in a while, where we were second best for the majority of the 90 minutes. But the most important stat was the final score, so i was delighted to end the year with a win.

View attachment 318271

A nice way to end the year, despite the loss against FC Paris, which was our only defeat in the past 3 months. Hopefully when we enter 2013 we can create another couple of unbeaten runs and face the possibility of our highest ever finish in the French National. My immediate task though, is to keep the players feet on the ground and continue their development and also to scour the transfer market for any possible additions.

JANUARY 2013

images

To continue on from the excellent performances over the past 3 months, I was really keen to improve the depth and quality of my squad. So with the January transfer window open I decided to to see who was available. Unfortunately like at the start of the season, there was no-one of note who I thought would improve the current crop of players, and also I was made aware of a rule that only allows you to have 2 loan players for the season and as I had met the quota it ruled out any loan signings.
I had hoped that parent club Lyon would offer me some up and coming youth prospects, but they didn't, so it was looking like I would have to make do with what I am currently working with.

FRENCH CUP - 9th ROUND
Sunday 6th January 2013
Stade Municipal. Att: 2,878

FC Bourg-Peronnas (1 - 0) AJ Auxerre
after extra time
Definod

WOW. What a sensational result against a giant in French football. Despite their lowly Lique 2 status, beating a side that until recently were playing in the top tier, will go down as our biggest achievement for sometime.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Wednesday 16th January 2013
Stade de la Source. Att: 1,934

Orleans Loiret Football (4 - 3) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Bourabia(2), Manzorro

A great game for the neutrals, but we shot ourselves in the foot, as we came back from 2 down, to draw level, then took the lead, but maybe tiredness crept in as we conceded a last minute goal to leave with nothing.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 19th January 2013
Stade Municipal. Att: 929

FC Bourg-Peronnas (1 - 1) US Creteil-Lusitanos
Manzorro

A frustrating draw as I hoped we would bounce back from our narrow loss and yet again we threw away a lead, which I was not impressed with.

FRENCH CUP - 10th Round
Wednesday 23rd January 2013
Stade Municipal. Att: 777

FC Bourg-Peronnas (3 - 2) Hyeres FC
Manzorro, Abou Deraa(2)

Another win to continue our cup run, but we did make it hard for ourselves, as we came back twice from losing positions to put our name in the hat for the next round.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 26th January 2013
Stade Municipal. Att: 1,206

FC Bourg-Peronnas (0 - 2) USBCO

Disappointed that we continued our recent bad run of form and we were our own worse enemy, as we gifted our opponents their first goal with a sloppy back pass, then got hit on the counter late in the 2nd half, as we pressed forward looking for an equaliser.

View attachment 318335

After our recent excellent months, it was no surprise that we were due a slump in form, unfortunately for my point of view is that it's happened in the league, as that is my main focus, as I'd love to try an attempt to challenge the bigger teams in the league.On the flip side, we have remained unbeaten in the cup, so maybe a cup final appearance could be waiting for us.

February 2013

images

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 1st February 2013
Stade de la Licorne. Att: 9,564

Amiens SC Football ( 2 - 2) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Goyon, Definod

Arrrgh, is the only to describe the 2 points thrown away here. We did brilliantly to come from a goal down to take the lead, only for us to then switch off in injury time to allow the equaliser.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 9th February 2013
Stade Municipal. Att: 878

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 1) AS Cherbourg Football
Manzorro, Bourabia(pen)

Finally our first win in 4 games in the league and an excellent response by the lads. We played some brilliant football on our way to sealing the 3 points.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 15th February 2013
Stade Louis Pautex. Att: 575

Es Uzes Pont du Gard (1 - 3) FC Bourg-Peronnas
Manzorro(2), Goyon

Leading scorer Jeremy Manzorro was the hero today as we completed the double over the hosts and made sure their manager thinks twice about making comments about me and my team.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Saturday 23rd February 2013
Stade Municipal. Att: 1,002

FC Bourg-Peronnas (2 - 0) USJA Carquefou
Manzorro(2)

It was the man of the moment, Jeremy Manzorro, who stole the headlines again and showed why he is keeping experienced forward Cyril Chapuis out the side.

FRENCH CUP - 11th ROUND
Tuesday 26th February 2013
Stade Municipal. Att: 2,842

FC Bourg-Peronnas (0 - 3) FC Nantes

Our cup run came to an abrupt end, as we were well beaten by a much better side, who's extra quality shone through and there's no shame in this loss.

View attachment 318449

Although we lost in the cup, a round before the quarter finals, I was very pleased with how we did in February, winning 3 and drawing 1. But as we reach the closing stages of the season, I'm starting to notice that the squad is beginning to struggle with fitness due to the recent amount of games and the pressing style I'm keen on us using during matches, so hopefully we can give it one final push and see where we can end up.

March 2013

images

images

Grecs cibler le mal du pays Samuels

L'equipe understands that Exeter City officials were in attendance at the Stade Municipal
on Tuesday evening hoping to speak to FC Bourg-Peronnas' English manager Andy Samuels.
The Grecians, who sacked manager Paul Tisdale on Monday, believe the lure of England could be enough
to tempt 32 year old Samuels into taking the hot seat at St James' Park.
Samuels' FC Bourg-Peronnas side, who lost their cup game 3 - 0 against FC Nantes, have over achieved hugely in
the French National this season and currently sit in 8th position, with 12 games remaining.
So far there has been no official comment from either club on the matter.

FRENCH NATIONAL
Friday 1st March 2013
Stade de L'ldonniere. Att: 1,069

Le Poire-sur-Vie VF (0 - 0) FC Bourg-Peronnas

We had a great chance in front of the TV cameras, to show the country how well we have been playing and an even better chance arrived for us 10 minutes from time, but Mehdi Bourabia saw his penalty saved. Maybe the recent hype in the papers had an effect on our performance, as we played out a goalless draw.

images

GRECIANS KEEN ON SAMUELS

Exeter City have today confirmed they have made an approach for FC Bour-Peronnas manager
Andy Samuels.
Samuels, 32, who has 3 months left on his 1 year deal with the French club, has been instrumental in the small
Semi-Professional clubs rise in the league and he also led them to Round 11 of the French Cup, only to be beatenby FC Nantes.
It is these fine achievements that have attracted the NPower League Two club into approaching
the talented young manager, before anyone else, as they look to make a swift appointment following the sacking of Paul Tisdale early in the week.

With all the recent speculation going around about my future, I was called into Chairman Gilles Garnier's office to discuss the recent rumours about an approach by Exeter City.

Gilles Garnier: "Monsieur Andy, please come in and have a seat. I feel it only right that I inform you of the official
approach from Exeter City Football Club. Now, of course I wish you to stay here, but I will respect any
decision you make. "

Me: " Thank you Mr Garnier. It is very difficult for me. Firstly you gave me the chance to get my foot on
the managerial ladder and secondly I've loved every minute here at your club. On the other hand, a chance to move back to England to be closer to my family and also to live near where I grew up is very appealing. Plus, it gives
me the opportunity to work at a higher level. "

Gilles Garnier: " Yes it is a wonderful opportunity. But however much I would love for you to stay and see what we could achieve together here at FC Bourg-Peronnas, I can't compete with the finances and resources you will get back in
England.
That is why I have accepted the approach from the Exeter City officials and will allow you to discuss there offer
to you and see if you can reach an agreement.

*** Gilles Garnier opens the door and invites the Exeter City chairman into the room ***

Gilles Garnier:
" Gentleman, I will leave you alone to discuss. "

Me: " Mr Garnier.....Thank you
for everything. "

Edward Chorlton(Exeter City chairman): " Good Morning Andy. We must make this quick as we have a game
in 3 days and would like our new manager in place for it.
As you know we were present for the cup game against FC Nantes, but I have been following your progress intensely
for a number of months now and I must say, for someone who lacks managerial experience I've been very impressed by not only
how you've handled yourself with the media, but also the development of the players you've been working with and the style of football you have successfully introduced here.
I'm very keen on making a quick return to League 1, even though it looks out of our reach currently, it is not mathematically impossible for us to make the playoffs over the last 9 remaining games. Of course we probably won't achieve it, so it will give you
games to plan and see who will help mount a promotion push the following year.
So, with my aims and objectives set out, here is the 2 year, £1,000 a week contract on offer.
What do you think?

Me: " I'm privileged that you see me as the person to fill the managerial vacancy at Exeter City and even though my time here has been fantastic experience and a memorable experience, to test my managerial skills in England is something I can't turn down.
So Yes, I'm very happy to accept. Thank you. "

*** Mr Garnier re-enters the room ***

Edward Chorlton:
" Fantastic news Andy, I have arranged a press conference for first thing tomorrow morning.
I will meet you at the ground at 8.30am sharp.
Bye. "

Mr Garnier: " Monsieur Andy, before you go and say your goodbyes, I personally want to thank you for the
incredible changes and positive atmosphere you have created here, you will be thought of in very high regards and of course, welcome back whenever you want.
"

View attachment 318462

I said my farewells to the players and my backroom staff and headed towards the airport, to catch the late flight back to England.
Onboard the plane, it gave me time to reflect on the very good job I did since I joined FC Bourg-Peronnas and where I had taken the club. And I'm sure the majority of the fans will agree I've left them in very good shape

Status
Not open for further replies.