Charge For Honour! 2-4-4-0 testing with Crystal Palace & Real Madrid

|)
Oh absolutely, I duplicated it 3 times to speed up familiarity. Won CShield against Chelsea with a 2-0 scoreline. In truth, Cech won us the game with a 9.2 Man of the Match rating.

Update: Lost 2-1 to Swansea, hit the post 4 times and Flamini decking someone on the edge of their box in the 20th minute to get a red card didn't help.

Update 2: Annihilated Bournemouth 7-2. I can already see where this tactic is getting it's strength from (and also some weaknesses in defence). Firstly, the wingers are literally tearing teams to shreds. Sanchez bagged 5 goals, 3 of which were in swinging crosses to the back post from the right hand side. The ball is zipping around with ferocity and I think that takes advantage of this match engine that favours the crossing. There is also what some would consider a corner bug (not that I really buy into that), with the ball being fired towards the deep sitting ACM (in my case, Cazorla) who is opting to play it through the lines to a player, thus often scoring a close range goal. The 2 man defence is cut open most of the time, Per's speed simply will not work in this formation. Might be worth going with a sweeper keeper role to help out, but when overloaded, the back 6 do amble backwards at a fairly slow speed compared to the opposition who just blitz past them.

Still, I recorded the biggest win I have had on this ME, so that's a plus. Definitely of the outscore your opponents cloth that this tactic is cut from.

I have been playing this formation with Man Utd until 2017 before seriously testing for posting. I do observe slow CBS being teared apart, which I already stated in the position requirements, as well as the sweeper keeper. Its a good thing to have same conclusion from other players|)

You should train Mertesacker to DMC. You may also move Sanchez to the right flank if you want more goals from him.

Just a quick one mate...I've just read the OP but don't think I saw any mention of train...both match prep & general??pls help chief...?

Look for teams with Fast wingers, AMCs having first touch and passing, Fast Defender Centres.

Manchester City, Real Madrid and Barcelona are very good but if you think they are not a challenge, I consider Dortmund, Everton and Southampton as possible teams.

Just a quick one mate...I've just read the OP but don't think I saw any mention of train...both match prep & general??pls help chief...?

Just train with 3 tactic of 2440 on tactics and team work until familiarity is Fluid. After that, train for attacking or attacking set pieces.

To be honest, how to do training is basics for FM and you just do what you should do. There is no innovative choices to make.

What's the minimum stats for a fast defender? Does it have to be above 15?

This is my favourite tactic at the moment, but I'm not scoring any from corners, so I will ask again: who is supposed to take the corners? Could be any position or there is a designated corner taker?

For me, many times my players ignore the corner routine and use a short corner, even without any players assigned to "offer short option".

This is my favourite tactic at the moment, but I'm not scoring any from corners, so I will ask again: who is supposed to take the corners? Could be any position or there is a designated corner taker?

For me, many times my players ignore the corner routine and use a short corner, even without any players assigned to "offer short option".

For my Real madrid team, usually Kroos or Modric will take the corner, which means its LDMC.

I have set a routine 2 in my tactic for short corner and it will be used sometimes. If you dont want to use short corners, delete the second routine on both sides.

For my Real madrid team, usually Kroos or Modric will take the corner, which means its LDMC.

I have set a routine 2 in my tactic for short corner and it will be used sometimes. If you dont want to use short corners, delete the second routine on both sides.

Ok, thanks.

I started this on an instant resoult save in african first division, and it gave me the laughs. I get totaly molested by everyone includind non league teams in friendly games pre season, hahahaa. I think havign wingers that is red on ramedauter is a baaaaaad thing :p
Tried to watch a few game, but the wingers cant score if their life depend on it ^^

Giving it a new try tomorrow with a better suited team thats not op ;)

i love the formation though!

I started this on an instant resoult save in african first division, and it gave me the laughs. I get totaly molested by everyone includind non league teams in friendly games pre season, hahahaa. I think havign wingers that is red on ramedauter is a baaaaaad thing :p
Tried to watch a few game, but the wingers cant score if their life depend on it ^^

Giving it a new try tomorrow with a better suited team thats not op ;)

i love the formation though!

I have done no instant result testing and I have no idea whats the difference, =.=

I lost most friendlies even with Real Madrid, so friendly is probably not that accurate as an indicator.

Update!
Managed to take African Warriors to promotion through winning the 1st division (predicted 16th or something).
Got some reinforcements and once i had players to rotate on injuries it did splendid in Tuch mode using Instant resoult.
I am currently leading the Premier division infront of Supersport and Kaizer Chiefs, and much thanks to Pule and Hopen whos been outstanding for me as AMC and AML. It REALY helped to grab someone like Hopen whos pro at set pices. i score a lot more from corners and freekicks now. Got to say this tactic is good fun to play with, and im certainly going to pick it up on a regulare save to bring me thost tasty Thropies!

SCREENSHOOTS:

View attachment 205464 View attachment 205463 View attachment 205462

UPDATED:Season finale!

View attachment 205236 View attachment 205235 View attachment 205234

Conclusion: This tactic works well for Instant resoults (Tuch mode), and ill be surprised if it does not work even better if you actually have wingers that can play Ramedauter. I changed mine to Inside Forward for the last part of the season.
used mostly pressure cooker, Settle for a draw (hard away games), and play for the win.

Last edited:
Update!
Managed to take African Warriors to promotion through winning the 1st division (predicted 16th or something).
Got some reinforcements and once i had players to rotate on injuries it did splendid in Tuch mode using Instant resoult.
I am currently leading the Premier division infront of Supersport and Kaizer Chiefs, and much thanks to Pule and Hopen whos been outstanding for me as AMC and AML. It REALY helped to grab someone like Hopen whos pro at set pices. i score a lot more from corners and freekicks now. Got to say this tactic is good fun to play with, and im certainly going to pick it up on a regulare save to bring me thost tasty Thropies!

SCREENSHOOTS:

View attachment 992148 View attachment 992149 View attachment 992150

UPDATED:Season finale!

View attachment 992413 View attachment 992414 View attachment 992415

Conclusion: This tactic works well for Instant resoults (Tuch mode), and ill be surprised if it does not work even better if you actually have wingers that can play Ramedauter. I changed mine to Inside Forward for the last part of the season.
used mostly pressure cooker, Settle for a draw (hard away games), and play for the win.

Thanks for testing! I am relieved to hear other players are also geting good results.

I managed to get Wilfred Zaha to play well as Ramedauter, so I think it actually does not require a good Ramedauter to play in that position. I think the most important aspect is speed ^^.