Chasing Acceptance - A Clark_Messi Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate Angel is class if played right. He netted 24 in 31 for me when I was Plymouth in the championship. good luck with this I liked the little twist you put on it :)

OSf63.png

Best ever?

Looking at the crowd of famous men and their model wives I couldn't help but think I might get nervous for the first time in a while if I won the award. The thought of getting up and giving a speech could be enough to put people off in their desire to win the prestigious prize. Not me. I wanted this since I was ten years old and got scouted for the first time. I always knew I could win it to. I deserve it as well. After everything, this would go in the centre of my trophy collection, for all the other trophies and awards to be arranged around the beautiful, gold specimen. This trophy was my life's work.

After an hour and a half or so of useless entertaining and minor awards the main event had finally arrived. I looked round the table, friensd from back when I lived in Lanus, my ex-wife who is still my closest friend, and my two daughters. My son decided not to come, making the decision after he felt that he would come under scrutiny for being at the event, as he is my illegitiment son. These people were the people who I owed my success to, and of course my parents. My thought's were interrupted by the voice of Fifa president Sepp Blatter, who is presenting the award. he and I may have had our differences, but all would be forgiven if he handed that small, golden statue to me.

"And now to tonights main event" he says with his usual hand gestures, overdoing them slightly.
"The award that we have spent months preparing for, in on-line polls, opinions of ex and current footballers, ex and current managers and many more.
The shortlist for The Greatest Ever footballer is as follows :
Joann Cruyff (Holland)
Franz Beckenbauer (Germany)
Pele (Brazil)
Alfredo Di stefano (Argentina)
Diego Maradona (Argentina) and
Gerd Muller (Germany)

Each name was greeted with applause and a short video of their finest moments. In my video my infamous hand of god was shown with dark, depressing music. Then contrasting bright, enchanting music was shown for my seconf goal in the game. Ahh, I remember it well, going past the whole team. My finest goal I ever scored.

In third place, Joann Cruyff.
****, I thought to myself. In my opinion he should definetely have been second, behind only me. That meant that Pele was ahead of him surely. Not what I wanted. A two horse race between me and my arch nemesis as I like to think of him. Please to god, don't let him win.

In second place ......
Come on....
Diego Maradona
I looked blankly at the president of FIFA. It took me a few moments to get to grips with what had just been announced, and now I had to get up there and give a speech. No.
I stood up, and walked in the opositte direction, headed for the door and left, hearing the whispers behind me.

Three days later I was back in Unidos training ground. The players had actually came up to me and said they thought I shoud have won. I told them to get back to training. One thing had made me punch a hole in a wall, which I now need to get repaired. I had got a phonecall from him. Yes Pele. He couldn't keep the smugness out of his voice. "Unlucky Diego, better luck next time". I had replied with, "One day the world will recognise me as the best person in football". He replaied with "I doubt it" and hung up. Now I have to just put it to the back of my mind and concentrate on Unidos.

The months had definetely been an improvement from August. Now it was the start of November and the form has been inconsistent. However, signs are there that we can achieve great success. Still, a media prediction of 19th means we are overachieving by everyone else's standards. However the only expectation that matters in mine, and I want more from the team.

rV3ls.jpg

Decent results. The outstanding performance so far has been Cardenas with an average rating of 7.21. Quite a few wins in there, I'm happy with the wins and although some defeats were incredibly disappointing, I am overall delighted with the two months, taking into account the results from the first month.

ecem3.jpg

It's looking quite good after fouteen games. Good recovery from the first month and we are only eight points behind leaders San Martin. A great month, and now I am not only managing to bring glory to the club, I want the glory for myself. Obviously the world sees Pele as the best footballer ever, so now I can only beat him by becoming the greatest manager ever....
It's a dream, just like the one I had when I was ten years old, the one that I'd be the greatest Argentinian plsyer ever, which I am.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Guys I need a little help,
Angel hasn't been scoring enough at all.
I've heard from comments that he's a goal machine but he's only got four goals.
I'm playing him as a deep lying forward.
Should I switch him to advanced forward or poacher?
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

OSf63.png

<Gasp> <Gasp>. Screw it. Eight kilometers is enough. Maybe I can get it to ten kilometers next month. I've lost enough weight anyway. The daily jogs have done their work. And I've lost a lot of weight actually and I'm looking good is I say so myself. Things have begun looking up anyway since that night at the awards. The results have improved again. The open division is over and we start with a clean slate in the close division. The team has bonded and they are like family. However the press continue to label me as "unable to accept losing and have no respect or dignity". The latter two comments are untrue and I am proud of the first one.

It's been three months since my last update however January only contained one game and December only hosted two. Here are the results.

qZzmu.jpg

Six wins out of nine games is a fantastic return. We are playing very well with nice, attractive football. We apitomize Argentinian football at this point, only on a smaller ability scale. Dinsdag and MauricioLong have joined Cardenas as my stars. Angel has raised his game and now has eight goals to his name, along with an average rating of around seven. This is how the open division final table looks.

ZlpIo.jpg

A good finish considering our media prediction of nineteenth.
And here is the start of the close season.

MTpTx.jpg

A fantastic start. Now just to mantain this position for a few months. I know we can do it. Quilmes look like the best team in the league apart from us in my opinion.

January only had one game so I had to spruce it up a bit. And so I delved into the transfer market again. And the free transfer market again. So let's meet my new recruits.

Calum Davenport :
He is a fantastic buy for me. I honestly cannot believe that he came but I'm delighted he did. He has past experience of West Ham, Tottenham and Sunderland. Great buy.

Next big freebie, Juan Pablo Angel :
Another great buy after he decided not to extend his contract at New York Red Bulls. Perhaps Thierry Henry pushed him out of the team. Anyway he is a past star of Aston Villa and he may be thirty-four but is still a great player at this level.

I also signed a cover for centre back in the form of thirty year old spanish sweeper Espin.

And so that is my squad to challenge for a place in the premier division. I honestly feel we can do it.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

OSf63.png

Boca Unidos assert authority on League

"No you listen Pele, I am the success here. Look at me, managing, working. What are you doing? Nothing. Just basking in your money from your Puma deal and doing nothing."
"Oh I'm sorry I don't do drugs, Diego". He hung up.
I honestly hate him. What does he even phone me for? Probably gets bored doing absolutely nothing and wants to annoy me. I'll show him. Anyway, I am already showing him after the couple of months I've just had......

After our great start we wanted to build upon it and stay on top to get a place in the premier league next season. Here is my results :

AcB4B.jpg

"We are on our way" I thought to myself after admiring my team's recent results. We have asserted our domination over this league with these results and are comfotably winning the league now. It's a message, to Pele, to the world. I am not a failure and I will achieve success.

SvvLX.jpg

With only six games left we must win it now. It is all looking magnificent. My 4-1-2-3 tactic has worked, I am showing all my critics that the reason Argentina didn't work was not my fault. It was the players and now, as I can decide upon my players to an extent, I will show that I am a fantastic manager. If I cannot win Best PLayer Ever, then I'll win Best Manager Ever

However I have to ask myself, will it be at Unidos. For several months now I have been constantly linked with two jobs. Firstly, Italian side Bari and secondly, premier division side Estududianted de La Playa.
Estudiantes just sacked their manager and I am favourite for the job. I have to start thinking now, would I go. I really wanted to achieve success here but Estudiantes are a much bigger club, with good finances and are in the Copa Libartadores. Can I really reject that?
"Ughh. **** with it". I walked over to my liquor cabinet and hepled myself to some Scotch. "This should take my mind off it".

So what do you think?
If I get offered the job should I go?
Please comment.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Is anyone following?
If so please comment so I know.

I am most definately following. Love the way you've brought the real life Pele/Maradona rivalry into it.

mate, I love your story so far. keep up the good work.

Good luck with this mate looks good. You still doing your West Ham one tho?

Thanks guys,
and my West Ham save got corrupted unfortunately.

darn iwas enjoying your west ham 1! oh well unlucky

darn iwas enjoying your west ham 1! oh well unlucky

Yeah I was disappointed but I have three saves of this game at a time for safety :F

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Boca Unidos unviel new kit

Diego Maradona's Boca Unidos has today revealed their new away kit to fans for the first time. Maradona said that it was all part of the new era in the club's history and another step of progression.

hV6yx.png

I thought I'd try my hand at kit making,
is it ok or should I stick to just writing? :L

Decision Time - but it's not fair

"So Mr Maradona, what will it be?"
"Can I have until the end of the season?"
"I'm afraid not, we need an answer now".
In the next fifteen seconds I weighed up all the pros and cons and had a debate in my head, leading me to believe the short fifteen seconds of silence was hours long. This is an unbelievable offer. But I am so close to lifting the trophy with this club. I love it here, over the past ten months I have grown to adore the club, the fans, the players, the staff. And the play-off is only a week away. But can I really say no to this? I knew the answer to this question......
"I accept".........

sky-sports-logo.gif

Maradona joins Napoli

The breaking news coming out of Italy today is that club legend, god even, Diego Maradona has re-joined the club he single handedly won Serie A with as manager, filling the vacant position. Maradona has not yet released a comment n the issue and is still in Argentina where he is believed to be saying goodbye to his players and staff at Boca Unidos. Maradona is expected to take over on the 1st of June.

napoli-logo.gif
maradona-napoli-online-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

What do you think?
I just had to accept and my plan was always going to be to leave Unidos when a sufficient offer came in.
Shame though.
But now people can feel more into the story in a more familiar league.

better than brazil league m8 , know nothing about that league so i never more about Serie a etc... Good Luck Hamsik :D

0+napoli+logo+escudo+brand.gif

The prodical son Returns

As the car pulled up to the front entrance of the Stadio San Paolo I could hear the cheers glide through my Marcedes doors and throught the shaded windows I could make out figures, however there seemed to be so many that all I could see was a big blob. Then I braced myself as the cra stopped. Taking a couple of seconds to prepare, I then emerged into a blinding scene of cheers, camera lights and utter adoration. This was my real home. This was where I was really loved. I doubt even Pele has love from fans like this. I am a god here, and the emotion got the better of me as a tear streamed down my face while waving and making my way into the great doors of the most holesome club on earth.

Before meeting my new board and chairman Aurelio De Laurentils. I have already decided I like him, especially after his speech to me on his admiration for me and my heroic status in his mind, and the rest of the board's. A shot to get on my good side by engaging my ego I know, but it worked none-the-less. After my introduction to all the staff and board members it was time for my first press confrence and to meet the players, however on my way to the press room my gaze was caught by a portrait hanging on the wall. A picture of a young man, wearing a blue football strip and running at defenders, gliding past them with ease. He was enjoying himself, and printed under this picture were the printed words "The Greatest Ever". I smiled.

My first press conference went by pretty quicky. Too many questions for the delighted Italian press to ask gave me the incling to keep it short and after a few questions I ended the press conference. I'll give them a show later. And so it was time to meet the players i would be expected to bring success with. They were all in the dressing room after the day's training, waiting for me and when they arrived I could tell they were indecisive about my appointment. However i gave them an encouraging speech, reminding myslef to include the great importance of this club and teasing them with the lure of being loved by they fantastic fans, if they perform. I think I made a good first impression, but I'm sure I'll clash with some of them sure enough, every team has those big ego's.

My expectations for the future are actually quite bright. I believe I have a solid basis to build on, with players such as Marek Hamsik, Edison Cavani, Esquiel Lavezzi, Paolo Cannavaro and Fabio Quagliarella the future looks bright. I havn't been this excited since a certain night in Mexico, 1986.

sky-sports-logo.gif

Napoli unveil new kits

As a new era dawns upon Napoli the Italian club have unveiled their new strips for the new season. The strips have been labelled as symbolic by Napoli's faithful as a symbol of the change that approaches the club.

qY4IF.png
p0p2e.png

I've recently installed photoshop and tried my hand at kitmaking.
Any feedback is welcome.​

Absolutely love the kits. They are great and love the home one with the adidas original logo

0+napoli+logo+escudo+brand.gif

Pre-season- Preparation

Dear Mr Pele

As you know, we have had our differences, mainly because you are a ***. I just want you to know that although you are doing nothing, sitting around all day, enjoying your money while the rest of us work for a living, I don't hold that resentment to you, well at least not for that reason. Why? Because I am just improving my reputation and you are doing absolutely nothing. As I further my fan base and legendary status you just sit there, as your name fades away in the sands of time.

Yours sincerely,
Diego Maradona

Ahh, breathing the fresh Italian air for the the first time in a long time, I realised how happy I was at this point. This is exactly where I want to be. Maybe getting caught with those drugs were a good thing? Who knows? All I know is I am enjoying myself, although pre-season has been hard work and hectic. With not a lot of firendlies to play the hectic part of this time has been my endless stream of flights to different countries to convince transfer targets to come to my new club. Some successful, some not...

My priorities were centre back, goalkeeper and defensive mid. here were my eventual transfers.

My first two transfers were not in my priority positions but I had to snap them up for their fantastic potential :
First of all was Spanish striker Mikel Garcia. He is a fantastic prospect and his dribbling, heading, team work, flair and first touch attributes already make the seventeen year old a possible first team star,although he will not start much this season, and a magnificent prospect :

oWgks.jpg

Next is another youngster with massive potential, Brasilian full back Marlon has unbelievable potential and he could also become a world class star in the future :

k8Vsc.jpg

Now come some of the first team signings. I was looking to fill my priority position of centre back and I found what I believe to be a great bargain in the form of transfer listed Nelson Rivas. The Columbian was transfer listed and so I snapped him up for only £4.7 million. :

yrxcv.jpg

Next is my second biggest signing, the defensive midfield role will be important in my 4-1-2-3 formation and so Ineeded some class in there. That's why Moussa Sissoko was signed for £15 million. A fee that i'm sure he'll live upto. I'm sure you know this famous footballer so I won't say much about him :

K416p.jpg

Next was a position that I didn't see myself filling with Dossena and Vitale already at the club but when maxwell was offered to me for only £5.25 million I jumped at the oppurtunity and signed the left back immediately :

gdG84.jpg

And now the biggest signing. I needed a goalkeeper and with cash still to spend I could splash out on a keeper. I had my sites on Rene Adler who we all know turns out to be the best of the best, but he didn't want to leave Levercusen so I turned to his Bundesliga rival, and Suize Diego Benaglio was signed from Wolfsburg for £23.5 million. A lot I know but you need a wall in those goals to build your team from :

2WTvk.jpg

I feel I have a strong team now and we look as if we can even affoard some injuries. Here are the transfer overview, note the players sold for good prices in my opinion. That is directed at the Giminez deal.

LqZP4.jpg

And so that is my additions to a squad that I will expect to push for a Champions League place and the Europa Cup. As I said earlier there were not many friendlies, but there were a couple. I organised what i might make an annual competition of the Diego Maradona Cup. And yes, I am egoistic, well done.

UoegW.png
XKRDs.png
55QKi.png

Santos and Gremio were my semi and final opponents. I was expecting a comfotable win against santos in the semi and that's exactly what I got. Even though it was only 1-0 we controlled the game and easily won. The next game was against Gremio who had defeated Udinese in their semi final fixture and the final was won by our cool finishong in a fairly even game. Edison Cavani and Nelson Rivas' first goal for the club scored the vital goals ijn a 2-0 win.
Next was a game against AC Milan. Why? I wanted to see if we could compete with the top teams but I couldn't really see, as we had seven first team players away on international duty unfortunately. However, we stilled cruised to a 1-0 victory and to be honest, it was easy.

And so that is that. Now I'm just desperate for the season to start. I really believe we can achieve great things, and therefor, I believe I can achieve great things.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

qgMum.png

Life in Serie A

Dear Mr Maradona,

Yes I see that you have had a little welcoming party from your groupies, what little memories they have of when they hated you for your comments on the Italian squad in 1990 World Cup. And I am not sitting around doing nothing. I am an embasador for football in the USA and the honorary president of the New York Cosmo's. See I'm making a difference, while you will fail and turn back to your precious drugs soon enough.

Yours sincerely,
Pele

While burning that letter in the fire place my blackberry buzzed, signaling an email. It told me a couple of fixtures had been re-arranged due to international call ups. Good. Time off. The email ended with see you in five minuits. As my house was twenty minuits away, that would be a tough order.
Forty minuits and one speeding ticket later I arrived at the training ground, finding my assisstant glaring at me. "Don't say a word". I jogged down to the training ground to watch the boys. There was only one position i was unsure of who to pick. That was right back, with Santacroce playing well but the sharpness of wonderkid Marlon has put other thoughts in my mind. Ahh, what to do, what to do.
JZjju.jpg
7ajQ9.jpg
Hn1dd.jpg

There will be some tough games, including matches against current champions Fiorentina, legendary side AC Milan and Russian Champions CSKA Moscow in the Europa Cup. However I feel our squad is good enough to win at least two of them.

rxVwP.jpg

The period started well and got even better. The defeat to Fiorentina was dissapointing as I think we should have won but the rest of results, especially the Milan one, more than made up for it. Unfortunately we couldn't get off to a winning start in the Europa Cup group stage after a demolition in the qualifiers. We struggles against CSKA to be honest but that was the only dissapointing result in the whole period. The three best performers have been Esquiel Lavezzi with eight goals, Cavani with six in seven appearances and youngster Marlon who has made that position his own. He is performing heroicly.

svxv2.jpg

What a start. We were magnificent and looked like a title winning side to be honest. Yes I'm getting ahead of myself but the performances were just so dominant that I couldn't help but get complacent for next month. Now I'm expecting at least Champions League places, perhaps even further.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

After I have seen it create success in other stories I was wondering if anyone would like to be an assisstant manager in my story.
If you would like to be assisstant manager then please pm me with what you think you can bring to this story.
Applications will close at 2pm tomorrow.
If no applications are recieved there will obviusly be no assisstant.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:13 PM ----------

Everything was going great. My career at Napoli has been successful so far, I am managing a top class team, I'm earning a lot of money which I deserve this time. My career is not the only thing flourishing as my personal life has also blossomed in Italia. I've met a women, her name is Marie. She is both beautiful and fantastic. That's who I'm with now. Exiting from a cinema with her where we just enjoyed the latest blockbuster, The Godfather 1. What possessed them to remake the movie I will never know as it was a huge let down. The new cast failed miserably to emulate Marlon Brando and Al Pacino. Oh well, at least I was with Marie. I've had my share of casual "relationships" but this one seems right. As we came out of the cinema and were hit by the cold Italian night our attention was converted to the loud noise of a car skidding across the pavement in front of us. It was getting closer. Jesus Christ it's not going to stop. "Ahh.....

sky-news-logo2.jpg

adam-boulton-pic-sky-838948559.jpg

The breaking news coming in this hour is that Argentinian football legend and current Napoli Football Club manager Diego Maradona has been hit by a car in the city centre of Napoli. He and his girlfriend Marie Castate were leaving a cinema in the heart of the city when, as eye-witnesses put it, a car drove straight onto the pavement where they were walking and hit them both at high speed, before driving off. Police are treating it as intentional harm and have described the event as an assassination attempt. Police are still looking for the car. Maradona and Castate are both in hospital, and in critical condition. Maradona himself is believed to be in a coma, but no confirmation of that has been recieved.

sports6.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Please comment as I need to know if anyone is following,
if not then this is a bit pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.