Chasing Acceptance - A Clark_Messi Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
funeral.jpg

The thundered roared and the rain poored down as the harsh weather reflected the event taking place. I watched them carry a box, containing my love Maria, and then put her in the ground, where she will be forever lost to me. Friends and families condolancies had been worth nothing and I hadn't responded to any of them, keeping my silence for the best part of four hours now. As I looked at the fading figure of the brown coffin, undeserving to contain my beloved Maria, a single tear streamed down my face. At that moment I changed. Nemotion, no feelings, except of course anger.

Later that night while sitting in my armchair, sipping a large glass of brandy and staring at a blank TV screen, the phone rang.
"Yes"
"Diego, it's Pele". I took a massive gulp of the brandy, finishing the glass.
"I heard about Maria, so sorry. I guess however that it's true, everything you touch dies in some way." The phone went dead....

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:13 PM ----------

qgMum.png

The players have been acting different lately. Since the incident everyone has noticed the change in my personality. I've been quiet, distant as the club appointed physiatrist puts it. I don't care right now. I'll act however I **** well please. The club had asked me if I wanted time off. That wasn't an option, now this is all I have. And I will put all of my energy into maing this club a success. I will take Napoli to the top.

gsZL3.png
mc8Jy.png
AVmb5.png

The next couple of months were reasonably easy, with a hard end to the time, with Juventus, Roma and CSKA Moscow to entertain. Also in the Europa League the group stage has to be settled. It's exciting times for Napoli.

8WW66.jpg

It started well enough, with Esquiel Lavezzi settling the tie against Sampdoria. A dominant win against Cesena cemnted our place as title contenders, the highlite being a magnificent hat-trick from Edison Cavani. However consistency began to prove a problem during the time and the first signs of this were shown in the 1-0 defeat to Catania, a game that we didn't even deserve to win. Next was an even more frustrating goalless drow woth Gent in the Europa League, which allowed CSKA to overtake us in 1st place. The league formed dipped with 1-1 draws with both Parma and Udinese, both games we should have won and the linesman was the difference in the Udinese game, ruling out a perfectly good goal from Edison Cavani.
However in the next game we bounced back heroicly to beat legendary outfit Juventus 3-1, and Edison Cavani again showed his talent and importance to us with another devastating hat-trick. We couldn't take the form into the next game, with us only avoiding defeat by an 89th minuit equaliser from, yep you guessed it, Edison Cavani again. And last was probably the most important game, against CSKA Moscow who led our Europa Cup group. Fabio Quagliarella cancelled out Achille Webo's 1st minuit strike and Luca Cigirai scored with a powerful header in injury time to spark wild celebrations from the fans, the players and the whole bench.

q5O9n.jpg

Now this is where we lie in the league, in a pretty healthy position. With a game in hand of league leaders Firoentina so the title is definetely in reach at this time. Inter Milan are lingering in 7th place with AS Roma competing even more dissapointingly, with 9th in the current standings. The in form team are Genoa who unfortunately we have to play next, we hope to end their four match winning streak and seven game unbeaten streak. Our team is just as you would expect an Argetinian manager's team to be like, heading the goals scoed charts but not even in the top six for least conceding. That is how I always play my football. With goals for the supporters to ger excited about. Another welcome surprise is that we have the best away form in the league, but I want my home form to get better as we have the fourth highest average attendance in the league and need to put that to use.

Edison Cavani has been the outstanding performer in our team, as he heads the Serie A goal charts with ten. The four outstanding performers in the league so far have been Thiago Silva, Alexandre Pato from Milan and from my team Cavani and young wonderkid Marlon who I through into the deep end and he has most definetely swam, with the 7th highest avergae rating in all of the league!

Unfortunately some players have started crying about wanting to leave as they are not getting enough first team football, most notably Allesandro [Nosseli], but I sat him down and explained to him that right now we are concentrating on getting victories and that means I play what I think is my strongest team, and he will have to work hard to get into mt first team. Now he is willing to quieten down at the club but will probably be sold in January. I still have £5 million to spend, and so I will look for some bargains in Jannuary to strengthen. However there si still a whole month to go and December should prove a challenge, with trips to in form Genoa and famous team Inter Milan.

edison-cavani.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

images

Naploi and Cavani swoops the Awards

Napoli star Edison Cavani has swooped a record amount of awards at the Serie A awards night last night, winning no less than four awards. He first accended to the stage winning the Serie A Foereign PLayer of the Year and later went up to recieve the Young Player of the Year, The Serie A Fan's player of the year before gatting up on the stage for the last time to be honoured with the big one, Serie A Player of the Year. Cavani said thus after the event.
"It's an honour, a fantastic honour. To recieve even one of these awards would have been special for me and to win all four is out of this world. I want to thank everyone for this, my team mates and especially my manager Diego maradona who has improved my game greatly over the last six months."

Maradona himself was next to get up on the stage to recieve the Serie A Manager of the Year, a fantastic achievment for someone only in the league for half of the year. Maradona beat off Marco Van Basten of AC Milan and Francesco Guidolin of Udinese to win the award. Maradona in his speech said "I am honoured, it's a great achievment for me. However I cannot get carried away as only half the season has gone by and we have a long way to go. I want to thank all the players for their performances and I urge them to continue these performances for the remainder of the season, as I belive we can achieve something great this season."

Citta+di+Palermo+v+Parma+FC+Serie+UFX4N8wviSwl.jpg

premiomarca.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

skysports.png

Napoli Sign Zidane

Napoli FC have signed Mohamed Zidane from Borussia Dortmund for a fee believed to be around £450k. Zidane released this statement in his enveiling press confrence. "I am delighted to be at such a great club and to be under the guidance of Diego Maradona. I am looking forward to winning trophies here and working with my new boss."
Zidane had been frozen out at Borussia Dortmund this season and was therefor available at a cut price. It is thought that he will be backup for Napoli's deadly attacking trio of Esquiel Lavezzi, Edison Cavani and Fabio Quagliarella, althought nothing is offical. Zidane's best moment came in the 2008 African Cup of Nations where he guided Egypt to success.

Zidane could perhaps be on the bench for the game against Atlanta this week.

images

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

skysports.png

Napoli Complete Transfer Activity

Napoli have been very busy in the transfer market this month but not necaserilly with incoming players, it has been more of a clear out at Napoli, with no less than seven players leaving the club and only two coming in. First of all the outgoing transfers are as follows :
Vitale, £10 million to Stuttgart,
German Denis to Sao Paolo, £1.7 million
Alessandro Noselli to Livorno, loan fee £200k, with view to buy of £2.3 million
Danielle Capelli to Zenit £6.5 million
Camilo Zuniga to Betis, £4.6 million
and youngster Mikel Garcia has gone on a season long loan to Bayern Levercusen.

And with Mohamed Zidane having already been unveiled there is only one new player for Napoli fans and that is the Brasilian defender david Luiz who is in talks with napoli as we speak over a deal believed to be worth £10 million. The centre back who plays for Benfica will be the big January trasnfer for Maradona who has been looking for a new centre back for a while now.

100724095402-418-257.jpg

Mohamed Zidane made his debut last night, playing for the injured Esquiel Lavezzi, in the goalless draw with Chievo. The result was apparently an extreme dissapointment to Diego Maradona who critsised his team after the match. However he revealed that he will not punish the team for their lackluster performance after the great results before the game, in which they beat Fiorentina 1-0, thanks to a goal from Lavezzi, which takes them top of the table. And then the demolishion of Siena in the Italian Cup, a game in whcih left back Maxwell scored a brace.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

skysports.png

David Luiz Transfer cancelled

The transfer of David Luiz to Napoli has been cancelled after upon confirmation Napoli realised they were abouve the limit of non EU signings as Serie A clubs are only allowed to sign two no EU players per season. Maradona has fired the club secretary after she failed to warn him of this. Maradona will now be looking for a new centre back, a position which is proving increasingly difficult to fill.

On the field however everything is looking rosy for Napoli as they continue their good form with wins over Siena (2-1) and Cagliari (3-0).

e7mIA.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

qgMum.png

January Overview

What a topsy turvy month. Some great results and some dissapointmenrt off the field. The transfer market kept me busy. I've been all over the world, negotiating with clubs and players, looking for a centre back. And in the end I didn't get one. **** Non EU rule. To be honest I am dissapointed and scared that now our squad is too small. I know that's a stupid thing to say, considering I just sold so many players but I regret it already. Mohamed [Zidane] has not had the best of starts. He has started three games, made six appearances and has been dire, zero goals and zero performance. I guess you get what you pay for.

fTvuk.jpg

Some good results, especially against Firoentina. And here is how the table looks :

eb0Uh.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Is anyone reading this?
If you are please comment because without comments I won't feel like it's worth it.

I am m8, but I've only read first couple of posts so far -- only noticed it through the 'Story of the Year' thread last night. Keep it up -- what I've read so far is very good :)

Cheers mate

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

qgMum.png

3-0 Down. Are we out of Europe?

When I walked into the dressing room the lads were talking amongst themselves and enjoying themsleves. They were very calm actually. Wish I could say the same. One by one they caught attention that I had entered the room and quitened down, waiting for me to begin. "Well boys, we all know the situation. We are three nil down on aggregate to Liverpool and know we need to score at least three. All that means is we play our normal, free-flowing, attacking game. We can beat anyone here, so lets go out there and make they fans roud". The bell went and they made their way out of the dressing room and into the tunnel. When we did exit from the tunnel into the blinding light the noise was deafening. This was it.

When the match kicked off another loud cheer was heard and then another football game commenced.
Marek [Hamsik] ran with the ball from kick off, slid it through to Quagliarella, one on one, ohh, it's been saved from the right foot shot.
The game then progressed quite steadily with no great chances until Marek again slid Edinson [Cavani] through and he slid it under the incoming Reina to put us 1-0 up. YASS!!
Half time came and went and before we knew it we had another chance, this time Esquiel [Lavezzi] picking the ball up deep, running thorugh the defence and getting his shot away, only to be saved by Reina.
Marek picked up the ball and performed a nice one-two with Esquiel [Lavezzi] before letting rip and...OHH HIT THE BAR!!
We should be three or four up.
Esquiel picks it up deep again, he's thirty yards out, he strikes the ball, .....OHH HITS THE POST. Unbeleivable shot from thirty yards.
Moussa Sissoko goes in with a two footed challenge and, oh no, it's a red, a second yellow and he's off. ****, what do I do now? Oh well, we need to go for it anyway.
I made the formation 3-3-3, puting Marlon out of his comfort zone by playing him at centre back and bringing Blasi back into his comfort zone by puting him the defensice midfield zone and out of left back.
here is Marek again, he puts Cavani through again, this must be it, .....NO, SAVED BY REINA AGAIN!!
God, that was the chance.
Reina quickly throws it up the pitch to gerrard and the break's on. Gerrard goes by Canavarro, crosses to the back post, BABEL, GOAL!!
First chance for Liverpool and they score. Heartbreak for Napoli. it's all over now.
Carraghar advancing down the right, forward to Torres, Torres pulls it back to the edge of the box, GERRARD, GOAL!!!
Thats it. What a shame for Napoli.
The final whistle blows and it's all over.

NAPOLI 1-2 LIVERPOOL

article-1090248-02DE19BC00000578-195_468x396.jpg

We are out of Europe. But the silver lining is that the boys played their hearts out. It's a shame. I thought we could go all the way in the Europa Cup. Still, the boys can be proud of their performace, in the end that was our downfall. Moussa [Sissoko] was too up for it and got himself sent off. And of course the missed chances, but still , we know we are just as good as Liverpool, and next season, if we face them again, we'll win for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.