Roddo7

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER

I am not supporting, or not supporting Ched in this story. It's simply a Football Manager story using his name and background. I do not condone rape or any violent crimes. My opinions will be kept out and any reference back to his crime will be portrayed as how the media report it. Thank you.

------------------------------------
Note: My last save crashed and I couldn't get it back :( So I'm starting again with this one. Sorry for any inconvenience if you saw my original one
-------------------------------------

YCcX8sD.png

VskA4fo.jpg

SHEFFIELD UNITED REFUSE

TO SIGN CHED EVANS

Sheffield United will not be re-signing the Welsh striker, Ched Evans, after Evans trained with the Sky Bet League 1 club in the last week.

The 25 year old striker will not be re-singing with the Yorkshire club after Sheffield United released a statement earlier today stating the club would be associated with a former prisoner and would like to keep the ties with their sponsorships and Jessica Ennis, the Olympic gold medalist, who threatened to take her name off the stand in Bramall Lane if Sheffield would re-instate Ched Evans. Ched, who used to play for Manchester City, Norwich, Sheffield United and the Wales team, is now without a club.

2 months later at St. George Park

'Congratulations Ched' the FA Coach said to me while handing me the certificate saying 'National A Licence'. 'One off the Continental then eh?' he continued. I looked up at him, he had a genuine smile on his face and I knew he was pleased for me. 'Thanks Coach, I mean. 2 months ago I thought my career in football was over. My life was over. I wouldn't get another job at all. But.. now I have this...' I started to break down a bit. Although I was pleased with getting my next qualification, would it be enough? Would someone still hire a convicted rapist as a manager? 'But.. Coach. Will I get a job?' I stuttered to him. 'Ched, you've been amazing, by far the best student I've taught recently. Clubs love to hire ex-players. And I know your reputation will hinder the clubs coming at you.. But. Don't worry. I know people. If no club wants you. I'm sure I can find a place for you to be in youth setup here.' I felt relieved, I'm going back to football. My Road to Redemption Starts Here.

Last edited:
An interesting story line thats for sure! Will be reading :)

Cheers - started a save with Sheffield United and i just thought of this :) Hopefully it'll go well

Check your third sentence mate!

Unique backstory has got me interested, will be following :)

Road To Redemption - Looking For A Job

Manager Profile:

Ft9cLuT.png

feq53xv.png

Hgdmrp0.png

At Home

February 15th. 2 months since I thought I was never going to be playing football again. I've got a possibility of getting back into it. This time in management. I decided to send out my resume and CV's and all that good stuff out to a couple of clubs.

First, Udinese. An exotic location for me to start in, well a bit different from Wales and England. Although I didn't know much about Italian football, although a Serie A team with potential to be challenging in Europe would be a special first job.

h2Uk7FY.png

Secondly, Torquay. Although not as nearly good as the others. A small team looking to dream big could be the best thing for me. Less pressure to succeed and a team that could be challenging for promotions in the near feature. Exciting stuff

ZbWegUA.png

Finally, Cardiff. My home country of Wales, what a great place to start. Cardiff have been struggling slightly in the Championship so far. And even if they have the.. unique.. chairman of Vincent Tan. Starting my second career where it all started would be amazing.

xYuDi6T.png

Phew. I close down my laptop and head into the kitchen to pour myself a cup of coffee. As I look out the window into the local park I see kids, no more than 5 years old, playing a game of football with jumpers as goalposts. There's something special about that. Playing for fun, running around with complete freedom, skilling your friends and scoring the winner that gets you the girls (or boys) in school the next day. The beautiful game is really beautiful.

At Plainmoor - Torquay

Welcome to Torquay

pOAbpPO.jpg

Home of the Gulls

This was the sign that loomed over me as I entered the reception area of the team's stadium. I was in my best suit and was rather nervous heading into the club to meet with the chairwoman Thea Bristow. She clearly was unsure of hiring a young, unproven manager. But was glad, I hope, that I was in the hunt. I clearly laid out the plans to her about my ideas to improve the club. We needed to get promotion this season, we were a couple of points outside the play offs, but under my guidance we would be able to secure a Top 5 finish at least and be in the hunt of a Football League place. Assuming we get into League 2 next year we would push for a back to back promotion by playing slick possession football with an attacking, fast spin with it. A technique I learned in the Man City youth setup. I then discussed that in League 1 we would have to judge the situation again and have a meeting then. I left the stadium with my head held high. My first step towards being a manager was successful and I thought I did a very fine job.

At Home

An email flashed onto my computer. From the official Udinese email account. But it was in Italian. A quick Google Translate website later I found out they wanted me to learn Italian if they wanted me to come. I decided my first job in football had to be a safe choice. Going somewhere unknown wasn't the best option.

Couple Of Days Later

Still nothing from Cardiff, or the reply from Torquay. But I'm back in the swing of football, and a couple of interviews and requests from BBC Sport, Football Focus, and Sky. I'm loving it. But in the back of my mind there's still a little thought..will they hire me?

Road To Redemption - Drunken Malaysian

At Home

'Hello and welcome to Sky Sports. It's 2:00am on a Saturday morning and the breaking news is...' I shut out the voice of some presenter on Sky Sports news as I'm emerged on my Torquay United save on Football Manager 2015, trying to learn my team as an offer as came up which I'm considering. I'm currently on the final day and ready to play Gateshead, win we're in the play offs, lose, it's another season in the Conference. I press 'Play Match' and as I do my phone starts to buzz. I pick it up...

FYqHtce.jpg

Vincent Tan: Hello? Is this Charlie Evans?

Me: CHED Evans.. and yes it is...

Vincent Tan: Apologies Chester! Anyway, I'm in the night club right now. I can't get round to interviewing you. So erm... yes I'll hire you. Expecting Champions League by the end of the month by the way Chris!

Me: -sigh- Erm. Thanks Mr. Tan. Is there a contract for me to sign or anything?

Vincent Tan: Yes! Of course. I'll get my PA to email you it! Bye Bye Callum!

Laptop Screen

So I've been offered a role at a club with a chairman who doesn't want to interview me, who doesn't know my name or know about football. But at least it's in Wales. I think to myself. And as I look down to my laptop screen I see Torquay are losing 5-0. Great. I quit without saving and check my emails. I'm amazed at the offer I've been given.

CqhaVMe.png

Much more lucrative than the rumoured 800 quid a week Torquay were offering. And they hadn't even sent me an offer yet. Rumours were they didn't like my reputation.. well, to be honest, if one man would hire someone like me, it would be Vincent Tan. And despite his lack of footballing knowledge. I'm going to make sure he remembers my name. And try not to get fired in the process.

'Breaking News! Ched Evans, the ex Sheffield United footballer now turned manager, has been hired as Cardiff manager.' The reporter exclaims on my TV. I'm back.

Last edited:
I like that he hasn't raped anyone again (yet) in this story. Shows our justice systems are really working. :)

Road To Redemption - New Job, New Form?

fCIGGBH.jpg

At Cardiff Training Ground

I walk in and meet up with my new Assistant Manager Scott Young. I shake his hand and we head into my new office. 'Hello Ched. Nice to be working with you. First question - what are you going to be doing about the staff?' He nervously asks me. But I reassure him, I don't want to be making silly changes as soon as I start, 'Don't worry Scott. You can tell the whole of the staff that no changes will be made until the end of the season.' He then goes on to show me a report containing our best players.

DAVID MARSHALL: Our rock solid Goalkeeper is one of the best in the league. Solid keeper for a good couple of years.

IPeWUd0.jpg

MATS MOLLER DAEHIL: The Norway International is a talented and skilful attacking player. Great for causing the opposition trouble.

mvma3u7.jpg

BRUNO ECUELE MANGA: Best defender and a tank at the back. Only 26 but plays like an experienced veteran.

GNHQ3ZD.jpg

After looking at the report I send Scott out to train our players as I create a new tactic. After a three hours of fiddling with formations and going out to the training pitch, not only to meet with the players, but find out who should be starting. I've created my main formation. Backed up with a Secondary which will be tinkered with during the season depending on needs. Unfortunately we're carrying 4 injuries to key players such as Whittingham. But this is the best I can make so far.

qjQjMOa.png

Cardiff City Stadium

-sigh- I take a deep breath as I enter the Players/Manager section of the ground. The Sky Sports crew are asking me for a quick interview but I decline. I need to be focused today. Although as I enter my office preparing for the game I get a call from Guerra. He wants to go home. I allow him as your Cardiff or your not. So now I need to find a replacement for him upfront. Great. I take a beer from the fridge, drink it, and take a deep breath. It's what I've been missing all this time, game day. Nothing like it, the fans, the buzz, the everything. And the only thing that stand in my way is Wolves..

F7PZGmz.jpg
b9griqO.jpg

'Ched? You got the teams?' The ref barks at me. I snap out my frozen stature while talking to the team before they leave to warm up. It's something new to me and I'll have to get used to it but I hand it to him and I hastily decide to add Adam Le Fondre in as the replacement striker then sit down. Drink another beer. And go to sleep.

3Xs5Eyt.png

My Assistant shakes me wide awake and tells me the players are here for the team talk. Balls. I head into the dressing room, half asleep and tell them that their favourites for a reason, go out there and impression. Short, and maybe not so sweet. But it'll do.

0:00: Kick Off

15:24: Some shoddy defending by the lads but we clear. Not before picking up 2 injuries. For god sake.

41:10: GOAL! Le Fondre with a Poacher goal!! Thank god I put him in. I'm a genius!!

43:35: GOAL! Two in two minutes! I'm the new Alex Ferguson! My midfielder Gunnarsson heads in the corner from the Norwegian Daehil. Get in.

Half Time: 2-0 Cardiff

Phew, I'm not awful. I collect the players in and tell them they're doing well. Nothing too over complicated, just keep it simple as I send them out for the second half.

45:00: Second Half Starts

46:22: Pilkington nearly makes it 3-0 if it wasn't for the Wolves keeper. So close!

50:45: Fabio off for Garrido and Berget off for Noone. Both injured...

67:53: Tactical sub. Burgstaller off for Nicolita

89:24: Le Fondre nearly seals the game with his second but hits the bar!

90:00: Full Time. Cardiff win 2-0!

YES! First game and it's a win! Get in. I get into the changing room and congratulate the players. I breathe a sigh of relief. And take another beer.

gvLsYF3.png

-Note: I'm only going to be doing these big matchday posts for key games. Otherwise they will be recaps. Or something along that line. I'm going to be stop doing these first person stories too. Likewise, until a key game comes up-

Rapist ****.

Kidding mate. Good story line. Will keep following.

I did wonder if we'd see a story on Super Chedwyn with us being in the media so much.

Road To Redemption – Will I March On In March?

March has arrived and with that comes injuries. I needed to call a right back up from the U21 to fill the team up.

L5NoVHj.png

The fixtures in March are crucial. The big players need to step up, if we want to make a run to the play offs it needs to happen now. And it starts with a tricky fixture at Rotherham.

6:59: GOAL! 1-0 up! Get in! A goalmouth scramble from a corner allowed the mantank Manga to get a tap in.

24:20: CHANCE! Le Fondre nearly scores against his old club but misses a sitter in the penalty box.

29:26: GOAL! 2-0 to the Bluebirds! This time our attacking midfielder Burgstaller puts us 2-0 up from a screamer outside the box.

41:40: GOAL! 3-0 we are CRUISING! Le Frondre gets his goal against his ex club, which is thoroughly deserved from a great cross from Burgstaller.

45:00: Half Time, Rotherham 0-3 Cardiff

72:49: GOAL! Rotherham pull one back as Bowery goes one on one with Marshall, but unfortunately slots it past him.

90:00: FULL TIME, Rotherham 1-3 Cardiff

Y1rMRyJ.png

After a good win against Rotherham, we head back to Wales to take on Charlton who are struggling. I’m expecting 3 out of 3 wins here so hopefully the team doesn’t disappoint me.

15:09: CHANCE! Gunnarsson nearly puts us behind making a silly mistake in the box to put Cousins in, although Marshall’s good save keeps it at 0-0.

19:52: GOAL! 1-0 to Cardiff as Le Fondre bags his 3rd​ in as many games! He’s on hot form as he calmly slots it past the Charlton keeper.

38:49: GOAL! 2-0 up! Gunnarsson makes up for his mistake with a neat shot into the bottom right corner to give us a goal cushion.

40:34: GOAL! 2-1 Gunnarsson’s goal is crucial as the Addicks get one back with Vetokele heading it in from a long throw.

45:00: Half Time, Cardiff 2-1 Charlton

90:00: FULL TIME, Cardiff 2-1 Charlton

eOjoSI0.png

An entertaining first half to be met by a dull 2nd​. Still 3 wins in 3 and Le Fondre is on fire. Moving up the table nicely, looking like a serious promotion push is on the cards. Next up is newly promoted Brentford. Should be 3 points.

24:32: CHANCE! Le Fondre misses an easy one on one as he skies it. Cardiff dominating so far.

29:30: CHANCE! Le Fondre misses a header from 10 yards out by a brilliant save. Cardiff knocking on Brentford’s door.

45:00: Half Time, Brentford 0-0 Cardiff

62:02: CHANCE! Le Fondre misses another! After Noone’s shot is deflected by the Brentford keeper Le Fondre’s shot is blocked by Paul Quinn. He’s now being subbed off for Jones.

73:29: CHANCE! Pilkington’s shot hits the crossbar… Brentford are running the other way with it.. Odubajo is sent through.. one on one… GOAL! Brentford score and take the lead. 1-0.

90:00: FULL TIME, Brentford 1-0 Cardiff

mPRVpOO.png

Argh! Such a frustrating game, and my first ever loss as a manager is a bitter pill to swallow. Le Fondre lost his touch and we got hit on the counter. Start of the game I saw they were looking to counter my tactic but I left it the same. Oh well. Bournemouth up next, hopefully they wont do the same…

25:59: GOAL! 1-0 to the Bluebirds as Nicolita heads us infront! And here’s the kick off. Bournemouth down the wing… knocks it through... GOAL! 1-1 and Bournemouth equalise instantly through Callum Wilson

45:00: Half Time, Cardiff 1-1 Bournemouth

50:52: GOAL! Cardiff re-take the lead, Daehil scores inside the penalty box! 2-1 Cardiff

90:00: FULL TIME, Cardiff 2-1 Bournemouth

yC7fush.png

Not the most entertaining game as most other chances were well wide of the target. But a win’s a win and we’ll take it to our promotion push. Up next, the last game of the month against Birmingham.

0:00 Kick Off

21:21: GOAL! 1-0 to Cardiff, Craig Noone with a tidy finish from 12 meters to put the Bluebirds ahead.

29:20: CHANCE! Noone nearly gets his second from a corner, but his header hits the bar. Still 1-0.

45:00: Half Time, Cardiff 1-0 Birmingham

66:39: CHANCE! Nearly a 2nd​ for Cardiff as confusion at the back nearly sparks an own goal

90:00 FULL TIME, Cardiff 1-0 Birmingham

Only losing 1 in March we’re up to 4th​. Brilliant! I’ve silenced the doubters and haters who brought up my history. This is my new start, I’m a manager now and the past is gone. I’m here to silence the demons and prove to everyone that football is what I do. And what better way to do that than gaining promotion to the Premier League. Wales will have two teams in the Premier League once again! I think to myself while texting Ben Turner, congratulating him on his wonderful defensive performances and giving him ‘Player of the Month’ award.

League Table:

t5JwaW1.png

yeah - hopefully I can secure the Play Off spot. Not sure about Top 2. It's a bit of a stretch