Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool: Meireles grabs winner

I have not made it very clear in the last 24months matey... ;)

Ahhh I'm with you now ;)

And may I say, this was a tactical masterstroke. Playing 3 center backs with one covering the other two if they got pulled off to the side, and two deep lying fullbacks gave the Chelsea 3 proned attack no service, so very few chances and no room to breath.

Anyone remember a match where both Anelka and Drogba were so badly ineffective.

Tactical perfection.

coming from a united fan : well done to liverpool :)

lucas had an above average game.....but the real heroes were the defenders

Lucas has been excellent this season and deserves all the plaudits coming his way. I doubted him like most of us but he is really turning into something good!

Lucas has been exceptional this season, bossed it completely in the last two games. Developing into a fantastic little player. Proved the doubters wrong, didn't let it effect him, he got on with it and is a crucial player now for us.

Long Live Lucas.

Given that it now we have 3 excellent central midfielders in Gerrard, Mereiles & Lucas, it will be interesting to see what formation KK adopts when Carroll & Suarez are ready to play in tandem - will he adapt his 3-5-2 so that it can be played permanently utilising 3 centrebacks with 2 wingbacks to provide width ? This would dispense with the need of getting some expensive quality wingers in next summer, though to get the best out of Carroll I would have thought offensive widemen were the way to go. Fascinating possibilities lie ahead.

Given that it now we have 3 excellent central midfielders in Gerrard, Mereiles & Lucas, it will be interesting to see what formation KK adopts when Carroll & Suarez are ready to play in tandem - will he adapt his 3-5-2 so that it can be played permanently utilising 3 centrebacks with 2 wingbacks to provide width ? This would dispense with the need of getting some expensive quality wingers in next summer, though to get the best out of Carroll I would have thought offensive widemen were the way to go. Fascinating possibilities lie ahead.

Potentially a 4-3-3 as well,

Gerrard...Lucas
Meireles

Kuyt...Carroll...Suarez

Ahhh I'm with you now ;)

And may I say, this was a tactical masterstroke. Playing 3 center backs with one covering the other two if they got pulled off to the side, and two deep lying fullbacks gave the Chelsea 3 proned attack no service, so very few chances and no room to breath.

Tactical perfection.

Last team to shiut them to out, was Utd at the bridge last year, We played Valenica very high up the pitch so Brana could offer no width in there diamond. SO we rule

Ahhh I'm with you now ;)

Tactical perfection.

If Hodgson had played 5-4-1 I bet you would have ripped into him for being 'too defensive/conservative' :p

I will admit that the past 2 seasons ive been very critical of Lucas, i am very sorry for this. This season the lad has been sensational, without Mascherano hes really blossomed. Raul looks a different player under Kenny and is showing why he is rated so highly.

If Hodgson had played 5-4-1 I bet you would have ripped into him for being 'too defensive/conservative' :p

Yes, because 5-4-1 would have been the wrong formation to play. We played a 3-5-2, and it worked. Tactically spot on.

and dont forget his awful signing Meireles.

Who was awful under Hodgson and is brilliant under Kenny, coincidence? Don't think so. :)

:p

It wasn't a 5-4-1, it was a 3-2-4-1 ;)

Besides, Woy would have gone there, and got ******* drubbed.

:p

It wasn't a 5-4-1, it was a 3-2-4-1 ;)

Besides, Woy would have gone there, and got ******* drubbed.

Woy beat chelsea 2-0 this season mate. And he did what 2 others have failed this year, to get a performance out of Torres. ;)

Settled now in the league maybe...? ;)

Or it's because Roy had absolutely no idea where to play him? ;)

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Woy beat chelsea 2-0 this season mate. And he did what 2 others have failed this year, to get a performance out of Torres. ;)

Absolutely. Roy to succeed SAF.

As always Scotty. (K)

Of course you do.

We agree on so much dude. (H)

To be fair to Kenny he has done well, but i thik Maireles would of been gone woteva.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Absolutely. Roy to succeed SAF.

Nah, I think thay roles going to Neville ;)