Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool: Meireles grabs winner

guys this is only about the tactics of this game. if you want debate all ohter things liverpool (and woy), please use the match thread, somehow its stayed pleasant enough to still be open

Woy beat chelsea 2-0 this season mate. And he did what 2 others have failed this year, to get a performance out of Torres. ;)

A distinct one-off under Hodgson, as the rest of LFC's results were average to ****-poor under him. Amazing what man-management, tactical nous & pure inspiration does for a formerly misfiring team, no ?

A distinct one-off under Hodgson, as the rest of LFC's results were average to ****-poor under him. Amazing what man-management, tactical nous & pure inspiration does for a formerly misfiring team, no ?

Yopur right Clarke has worked wonders.

Yopur right Clarke has worked wonders.

Ha-Ha.

Clarke has helped out for certain. Him & Kenny have the makings of a great management team. Look out Sammy Lee - your position is now under direct threat.

Thought Wilkins did a very good job at H/T - KK got it absolutely spot on, a brave decision to play a formation as yet untried other than vs Stoke (who aren't exactly an attacking masterclass). Carragher played out of his skin, and I said on twitter after the match that I thought Lucas was brilliant - controlled the game from CM, kept Liverpool's tempo steady and stifled Lampard superbly.

I have been a huge critic of Lucas in the past, but KK did very well.

Meireles finally being played off the ST, while Gerrard has freedom to get forward from more central position as well as utilising his infamous passing range etc.

In honour of Chelsea's fair play.

Despite the inevitable mocking and crowing at the result yesterday I would just like to say that it was very much in tune with the modern day footballing ethos of fair play that Chelsea did in the end honour the gentlemans agreement between clubs and had quite obviously told Fernando Torres that he shouldn`t play against his former team.

The ******* Meireles scored against us years ago for Porto too. Good to see Hodgson done somthing decent at Liverpool.

right stay on topic or get infracted. go debate this on the match thread, thats why its still open