Chelsea 3 ARSENAL 5 29-10-11

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be absolutely fair, he does often give the ball away it's not something new with Sturridge playing RW.

Just hope the papers/fans don't ride Torres too hard off the back of this, he genuinely could have had a hat trick in the first half had people been smart about it and unselfish.

No David Luiz, there goes Arsenal's chance

You say that but with the high line our defence is playing we need Luiz in the side and this was a game for him.

Why is the art of defending so dead in the premier league? :'(

Particularly with Arsenal.

Gary Neville agrees. ;)

Defending is dead because the big sides believe to beat the best (Barcelona) you jave to play the best way. And with this defences play such a high line when they are not used too doing this hence them getting caught out so much.

Golly, good game. Romeu perhaps should get some time on, looked good recently.

I would have started Meireles insted of Mikel, he was at fought for the first goal which really gave Arsenal belief.

How do we go from such a sound defence, to conceding 5 at home against Arsenal?

Our defence has been poor all season not just yesterday mate. Like i said earlier we are trying to play a high line with defenders who arn't used to playing that way and dont have the pace to recover if the attackers do get in behind them.

What a **** week. 2 horse race at the top.

Although i dont think Chelsea will win the PL this season its ******* October!!!!! People were saying the league was ours this time last season and looked what happend.

Have Chelsea ever conceded 5 goals in Abramovich's reign?

No we haven't out biggest defeat has been 3-0 against Middlesbrough and Sunderland i think thats correct. Last time i remember us conceding 5 was against Utd in a FA cup tie at the Bridge in maybe 01 it was 5-2 i think.

To be absolutely fair, he does often give the ball away it's not something new with Sturridge playing RW.

Just hope the papers/fans don't ride Torres too hard off the back of this, he genuinely could have had a hat trick in the first half had people been smart about it and unselfish.

Torres cant play well if Torres isen't getting the service simple as that.

My first take on the game after a day to sulk over it. Its clear to see that AVB is trying to chance Chelsea's way of playing and thats ok but he cant do it with this defence its as simple as that. Teams are getting through our defence too easily because players leave to many gaps and they dont have the pace to get back at them, for me you have to play Ivanovic at RB although he isen't as attacking as Bozzy his defensive positioning is much better. Along side Terry and a dead cert needs to be David Luiz!!!!!!!! Yes he will have a bad game every now and then but majority of the times he is sensational to watch and he has pace and youthfullness about him and likes to get forward. Playing what will be 3 CB's at the back a Mikel type player is not needed so you can go with our best 3 CM's in Meireles, Lampard and Ramires to do the attacking. Its ok wanting to chance the way we want to play but it will take time and normally managers dont get time at Chelsea so unless Roman has changed his mind and is willing to give AVB 3-4 years success in sacrafice to write off one year then i dont see the point. Oh i will add RVP is the best striker in Europe at the moment without a doubt and when he gets his yearly injury Arsenal should be worried.

You say Luiz, but he needs to understand the art of defending first. 3 pen in 14 games is worrying. he gives away far too many fouls and he needs to learn because ie is coming into his prime. Wouldnt have made a difference, because your discipline as a line was woeful, particularly from Cole and Boswinga

Ivanovic >> Terry when you play a high line. Terry looked not so much like a duck out of water, but a duck marinated, fried and served in a Chinese restaurant.

You say Luiz, but he needs to understand the art of defending first. 3 pen in 14 games is worrying. he gives away far too many fouls and he needs to learn because ie is coming into his prime. Wouldnt have made a difference, because your discipline as a line was woeful, particularly from Cole and Boswinga

Yes he has give away 3 pens but in them 14games i'd say he has had 2-3 poor games but all the rest he has been sensational and you cant deny that. He also seems to love playing at the Bridge and most of his best games has been at home especially against the big sides i.e Utd and City last season. He will never know how to defend better than the CB's we already have but what he does have is pace and more understanding playing the high line than JT Alex and Ivanovic do.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Ivanovic >> Terry when you play a high line. Terry looked not so much like a duck out of water, but a duck marinated, fried and served in a Chinese restaurant.

It was JT's worst game this season but neither are blessed with pace thats why its never going to work with both of them at CB. Luiz and one of Alex or JT and Ivanovic at RB for me will sure this defence up.

lol lol lol lol

from twitter:

brazilgunners Brazilian Gunners
You've probably read it somewhere already, but André Santos said he danced after scoring because Ramires had promised to score and dance.

brazilgunners Brazilian Gunners
Ramires gave an interview to a Brazilian paper saying he'd score and dance,AS is kinda gloating he was the 1 to score and dance

Right. But it was hardly much worse than Arsenal's. They are two very ****** up defences.

Also, I would have much rather had Luiz on the pitch than Bosingwa, he's horrific.

Right. But it was hardly much worse than Arsenal's. They are two very ****** up defences.

Also, I would have much rather had Luiz on the pitch than Bosingwa, he's horrific.

Not many defences have been great this season not juse Chelsea's and Arsenal's. Luiz at RB would be the same problem with having Bozzy at RB.

Even Tottenham have conceded less than Chelsea and Arsenal this season, and we conceded 8 goals in our first two games.

Such a small country and worldclass players like RvP, Proud to be Dutch.

What a game! the first 15 minutes of the game i was thinking: O no, not again like against Man Utd, but Arsenal show character! Well done! :)

Not many defences have been great this season not juse Chelsea's and Arsenal's. Luiz at RB would be the same problem with having Bozzy at RB.

Is there any chance that he will be benched for UCL? I have him in my fantasy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.