• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 5K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Chelsea will decide this week whether they will make a renewed bid to sign Tottenham's Croatian playmaker Luka Modric.

More...

This happend yesterday afternoon BBC!!!!!!

On the topic i ******* hope not!!!!!!!

Great player and all that Luka but no thanks matey!

Lol why not?

Because Luka Modric is not worth 30mill+ thats why not. And i personly think McEachran would get more assists than Modric and i think McEachran is the type of player we need in this squad not Modric.

Because Luka Modric is not worth 30mill+ thats why not. And i personly think McEachran would get more assists than Modric and i think McEachran is the type of player we need in this squad not Modric.

Utterly ridiculous.

What bit?

Not when you consider Sneijder is 35mill mate. 27 was enough for me.

Pretty much all of it tbh. Saying that you would prefer an inexperienced teenager who must of played about 200 minutes of prem football of the bench over an experienced and highly regarded world class playmaker is just ridiculous. As for saying he would get more assists, I'm sure that if Spurs had as good strikers as Chelsea do then Modric would have had more assists, so we really can't judge that. What Chelsea need is Modric, not a teenager that has hardly experienced the premier league.

Also, regarding the price, Modric is likely to be above 35m for several reasons:

1) He's proven in the PL, unlike Sneijder.
2) He has 5 years left on his contract, unlike Sneijder.
3) He's younger than Sneijder, and you need youth with your ageing team
4) We REALLY don't want to/have to sell him, where as it seems Inter are willing to do.
5) Chelsea are our rivals and by selling, we weaken ourselves and strengthen you.

Pretty much all of it tbh. Saying that you would prefer an inexperienced teenager who must of played about 200 minutes of prem football of the bench over an experienced and highly regarded world class playmaker is just ridiculous. As for saying he would get more assists, I'm sure that if Spurs had as good strikers as Chelsea do then Modric would have had more assists, so we really can't judge that. What Chelsea need is Modric, not a teenager that has hardly experienced the premier league.

Also, regarding the price, Modric is likely to be above 35m for several reasons:

1) He's proven in the PL, unlike Sneijder.
2) He has 5 years left on his contract, unlike Sneijder.
3) He's younger than Sneijder, and you need youth with your ageing team
4) We REALLY don't want to/have to sell him, where as it seems Inter are willing to do.
5) Chelsea are our rivals and by selling, we weaken ourselves and strengthen you.

McEachran is much more versatile than Modric and can play many roles in midfield. He is also English and Chelsea made and will cost us nothing so yes i would prefer him too Modric any day of the week. Not even getting into the whole "ageing team" thing again.

McEachran is much more versatile than Modric and can play many roles in midfield. He is also English and Chelsea made and will cost us nothing so yes i would prefer him too Modric any day of the week. Not even getting into the whole "ageing team" thing again.

If we had McEachran in our side I wouldnt want us to buy Sneijder either, although we'd have got him playing plently more games (and i mean starts) last season

If we had McEachran in our side I wouldnt want us to buy Sneijder either, although we'd have got him playing plently more games (and i mean starts) last season

Well we tried debating that before and we didnt get anywhere then so i wont bother now lol. Although i like your first point.

Sigh.

When you say versatile, you mean he can play in different positions in the midfield and can play different roles? Forgot Modric couldn't do that. Modric is leaps and bounds ahead of McEachran in every aspect.

Sigh.

When you say versatile, you mean he can play in different positions in the midfield and can play different roles? Forgot Modric couldn't do that. Modric is leaps and bounds ahead of McEachran in every aspect.

At this moment in time of corse he is, McEachran has more about him now then what Modric did when he was 18 and he was also very well thought ov. Modric stays deep creating chances for other players and Josh can/has done that but he can also be very effective further upfield which is where i see his future.

At this moment in time of corse he is, McEachran has more about him now then what Modric did when he was 18 and he was also very well thought ov. Modric stays deep creating chances for other players and Josh can/has done that but he can also be very effective further upfield which is where i see his future.

So you watched Modric a lot when he was 18 now did you? Don't quite believe that...

Modric is more than capable of working in advanced positions as he has proved many times and he plays that role for Croatia a lot as well.

We have someone who owned him in FA youth cup semi finals.. Ravel Morrison.. Just a matter of time before he sorts out his attitude, which he is improving and also Pogba.. ;)

You frequently watched Dinamo Zagreb games 7 years ago to see what Modric was like then? :P

Back