Chelsea consider fresh Modric bid

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 5K
Meh, i like Ramires too much to leave him out.

I never got proved wrong in my head, i stand by my view that he wasent great or even fully noticed until he was given his deeper role. It is all debatable the whole game is, we have been debating right from the off lol.

Lets be honest now, how much did you actually watch Modric in his first season? Probably very little.

Also, bang on Joss.

But that's not what the debate was about was it? You said he isn't versatile, about a billion people proved you wrong and you, as usual, half back-down and half stand your ground - refusing to admit you may have been wrong - before finally going completely off the point.

Modric can play in a more advanced position, wide-left, or in a deeper role as he has been doing recently. Who knows? Malouda might have another poor season, or he might get injured - is Zhirkov good enough? Modric could certainly be used to cover that area if there's an injury/whatever.

You can't just dismiss these things as if it's a fact that Modric will never play LM for Chelsea (if he signs). It may be your opinion, but the way you post makes it seem as if you're presenting it as gospel. Like saying "McEachran will be better than Modric".

Sorry - had to get that off my chest.

I haven't backed down at all, i stand by my view that he wasent noticed/great until he got dropped into the role he plays in now. Zhirkov looks like he is leaving and paying 30mill+ for a player to cover positions!!! Your having a laugh aint ya, not even Chelsea would be that stupid (on second thoughts). Im just saying in my opinion that i think McEachran will end up a better player than what Modric will be, just a prediction like you proberly have predicted every year for the last 7 that "this is the year" for your club (apologies if you didnt).

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Lets be honest now, how much did you actually watch Modric in his first season? Probably very little.

Also, bang on Joss.

Well from 2000/2001 i have watched so much football its unreal so yes i did see alot of Modric in his first season and i believe he wasen't great.

I haven't backed down at all, i stand by my view that he wasent noticed/great until he got dropped into the role he plays in now. Zhirkov looks like he is leaving and paying 30mill+ for a player to cover positions!!! Your having a laugh aint ya, not even Chelsea would be that stupid (on second thoughts). Im just saying in my opinion that i think McEachran will end up a better player than what Modric will be, just a prediction like you proberly have predicted every year for the last 7 that "this is the year" for your club (apologies if you didnt).

You know that if you signed Modric, he would not be to 'cover positions'. He would be your starting CM that can be pushed across to LM if need be.

Please, please stop making stuff up.

Maybe we should make a Modric discussion thread. I remember me participating in a big discussion about him on the transfer rumour thread aswell.

Modric for less than 30m? Sure, I'll take it. Any more? Nah, I'll pass.

But that's not what the debate was about was it? You said he isn't versatile, about a billion people proved you wrong and you, as usual, half back-down and half stand your ground - refusing to admit you may have been wrong - before finally going completely off the point.

Modric can play in a more advanced position, wide-left, or in a deeper role as he has been doing recently. Who knows? Malouda might have another poor season, or he might get injured - is Zhirkov good enough? Modric could certainly be used to cover that area if there's an injury/whatever.

You can't just dismiss these things as if it's a fact that Modric will never play LM for Chelsea (if he signs). It may be your opinion, but the way you post makes it seem as if you're presenting it as gospel. Like saying "McEachran will be better than Modric".

Sorry - had to get that off my chest.

Yes, other than that I agree.

You know that if you signed Modric, he would not be to 'cover positions'. He would be your starting CM that can be pushed across to LM if need be.

Please, please stop making stuff up.

I didnt make anything up, Arsenal dude said he could cover injurys etc. And Chelsea play a 4-3-3, no LM.

I didnt make anything up, Arsenal dude said he could cover injurys etc. And Chelsea play a 4-3-3, no LM.

Chelsea play a 4-3-3 with wingers do they not? What would you class Malouda as then? Centre Mid? Striker? He's a winger, and Modric can play on the wing.

Arsenal dude meant primarily as a CM (First choice obviously) and incase of emergency he can cover LM position too.. Not that hard to understand you know..

Chelsea play a 4-3-3 with wingers do they not? What would you class Malouda as then? Centre Mid? Striker? He's a winger, and Modric can play on the wing.

LM as you were saying is different to LW.

Arsenal dude meant primarily as a CM (First choice obviously) and incase of emergency he can cover LM position too.. Not that hard to understand you know..

It is hard to understand when i didnt read all what he said, just scanned the post like i do with most if its too long.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Well from 2000/2001 i have watched so much football its unreal so yes i did see alot of Modric in his first season and i believe he wasen't great.

You clearly have in your own little way. Gone from saying he's not versatile to "well he won't play there" and gradually just the same points over again when you're proved wrong by Mike, Sunil, GC, etc.

And if I'd said "this will be our year" for 7 years, I would at least have been right 7 years ago, when we won the FA Cup.

I - Arsenal dude (C'mon; you know my name by now) - said he could, I didn't say that's what he'd be used for.

This.

LM as you were saying is different to LW.

It is hard to understand when i didnt read all what he said, just scanned the post like i do with most if its too long.

It's 3 paragraphs?

Personally, Modric wasn't great in his first season. But that's pretty irrelevant as he's clearly proven to be one of the best players in the league, and he would slot straight into the chelsea team. I really don't know what your getting at here Cjacko. Modric could sign for your club, one of the best players in the league, and you don't want him? mindfucked.

Well, yes it is, and I suggest you either read all of the opposing argument before putting forward your own point or don't offer your own at all if you want people to take you and your arguments seriously.

Personally, Modric wasn't great in his first season. But that's pretty irrelevant as he's clearly proven to be one of the best players in the league, and he would slot straight into the chelsea team. I really don't know what your getting at here Cjacko. Modric could sign for your club, one of the best players in the league, and you don't want him? mindfucked.

I never said i didnt want him, i just dont want us to pay over 30million for him thats all.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Well, yes it is, and I suggest you either read all of the opposing argument before putting forward your own point or don't offer your own at all if you want people to take you and your arguments seriously.

Thats the point, i really couldnt care less lol.

Back