• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Just saying on the 3 occations we have won the premiership we seem to beat records left right and centre and i belive we dont get enough credit for it. yes we only finished above man utd by 1 point but its how you do it and i just want to jot down some of these and some other stats.

• Chelsea are 2nd in the most trophies won since the premierleague started with 12.
  • Frank Lampard managed the whole season with picking up a booking.
  • Biggest goal difference recorded +71 since 1893
  • Ashley Cole is the record holder for the most FA Cup winning medels.
  • Drogba won golden boot and Cech won golden glove.
  • We record 11-game winning league run ended at Wigan. (Previous best 10 in 2005/06.)
  • W record 34 games consecutively scoring ended at Birmingham.
  • Most goals in a season - 142, beating previous best 121 in 1964/65
  • Most league goals in a season - 103 beating previous best 98 in 1960/61. Also a Premier League record and best in the top-flight since Tottenham achieved 111 in 1962/63.
  • Only team to beat the top 4 of the season before in all 6 games.
  • Ancelotti is the first italian to win the premierleague.
  • We recorded the most home goals per game ratio (3.58) since Everton in 1931
I know alot of people dislike Chelsea and i understand why i really do. but we was tipped to old at the start of the season and proved alot of people wrong. This may be closed i understand but i just wanted to get this off my chest.

Hope this doesnt turn into an argument-fest.

I have never taken anything away from Chelsea, all three times have been well deserved. Better than Utd winning anyway.

Chelsea are a great team in recent history, but I think their style (both on and off the pitch) in recent seasons has turned a lot of people against them. But, even if they hadn't shown this uglier side to themselves, they would still be hated by most who don't support them -- unfortunately, that's what happens in our country if you're succesful. Man Utd have put up with **** for exactly the same reason. It happens in other sports too, in fact, it happens in all walks of life. You can be a loved challenger, or a despised winner, but it's rare that you can be both. Which would you prefer? We (in general) don't like winners -- if they're not us.

Some of those stats I didn't even know myself, and of course we deserve a lot of credit for what we have achieved.

Unfortunately this forum is plagued with large amounts of users who absolutely despise us so I doubt they'll share the same view.

Chelsea are a great team and in recent years have improved with financial capabilities as of , Man Utd and arsenal , few years back Liverpool , and now city , I cant really say they can get worse i only see better for Chelsea , as of now they aren't a big name as Man Utd or Liverpool in Europe , Trophys WISE , Or the premier league , but thats as of yet there is plenty more years to catch up to Man utds 18 and Liverpools 18 League wins.

Agree with every fact apart from the ashley cole one, imo that has nothing to do with chelsea because he was at the **** for a number of years, cant take away chelseas credit, they are a top side

Chelsea are the best team since 1999 Manyoo. so what. money talks.

Of course they deserve credit
You don't just stumble onto a league title and an FA Cup
Fairplay

mate you've been given plently of credit by people, but im not sure why you expect a song and dance about it. plenty on peope on here congratulated you, pently of pundits congratulated chelsea, job done. move on to the world cup. and you were actually tipped as favourites, with liver pool/united second

Just another excuse for him to talk about chelsea which is all he seems to do getting a bit boring now

Just another excuse for him to talk about chelsea which is all he seems to do getting a bit boring now
i know. loads of people were gracious towards chelsea when they won it heres the thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/chelsea-v-wigan-t36540.html they were well copngratualted. infact the theo only two people being obnoxious was him as a bad winner, and ryan giggs as a bad loser, and he managed to get himself banned as well.

but everyone's moving on. we have the CL final, and then the final prepartaions towards the world cup

They get credit they deserve, you cant expect everyone to bow down for winning once. Chelsea played well and everyone appreciated. I dont know what you expect from everyone.

**** me Cjacko-- I dont think anyone has ever taken anything away from chelsea, 90% of people where very gracious and gave them credit when they won. More Wikipedia copy and paste from you.

Just seems like a thread to rub it into people's faces to me if I'm honest. Only naive people would decline giving Chelsea credit, because it's obvious they are a good team.

OOOHHHH Well done Chelsea. Happy now.

Would give Chelsea more credit if they had done it without the millions pumped into them from Abramovich from the start but hey thats football now. Next it will be Man City. Which takes the gloss off winning the titles and trophies knowing that money will buy you anything when a team with that much money finally gets it together.

Just seems like a thread to rub it into people's faces to me if I'm honest. Only naive people would decline giving Chelsea credit, because it's obvious they are a good team.
i think he's just trolling. chelsea won, people showes their appreciation and moved, even most chelsea fans i know are thinking about the world cup now

Well done Chelsea, since I haven't said it on here before, but moving on...

Everton were the only team (at that point anyway) to stop Chelsea winning at Stamford Bridge this season, that is until Man City came and beat you, twice. Then Everton went on and beat you at Goodison from a goal behind. You may have beaten Villa 7-1, but they did beat you 2-1 and Wigan beat you 3-1 as well as Spurs winning 2-1.

So they deserve credit for the above too? There's 2 sides to an argument

I think this thread should be closed, to avoid a huge arguement :S

CJACKO - please post this thread in the supporters group, or don't do it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back