Replace current squad or Make new team (e.g. Chelsea Legends FC)?

• Replace Current Squad

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Make new team (Chelsea Legends FC)

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gary_Jay

Reaction score
I'm about to start work on a Chelsea legends database. I'm picking the players based on number of appearances for the club. I'm going for 150+ as well as goals, assists and previous fan's polls. I realize that there are going to be some players that have played that many for the club who don't deserve a place in a legends squad and what with there being quite a few players I'll be removing these players.

Question for anyone who is interested...

Would you rather this team had current Chelsea players in there or not? e.g. Lampard, Terry etc...

Would you prefer the Chelsea legends replaced the current squad or should they be a different team completely?

Here's the squad. Any huge grievances than say but don't forget not every player can be in there!

Goalkeeper Peter Bonetti, Carlo Cudicini, Petr Cech Right Back Steve Clarke, Dan Petrescue Left Back Eddie Mcready, Graeme Le Saux, Ashley Cole Centre Back John Terry, Ron Harris, David Webb, Marcel Desailly Centre Back/ Defensive Midfield Ruud Gullit Right Midfield Charlie Cook, Pat Nevin, Terry Venables Left Midfield Bobby Tambling, Clive Walker, Joe Cole Centre Midfield Dennis Wise, John Hollins, Ray Wilkins, Frank Lampard, Roberto Di Matteo AM/F Gianfranco Zola, Jimmy Greaves Striker Peter Osgood, Kerry Dixon, Roy Bentley, Didier Drogba

Last edited:
Hey looks good mate...yeah i would love it if current players were in the Team 2 and I would prefer if the Chelsea Legends were a different team.....any idea when this is going to be up and running?Cant wait.....

Not sure yet, just got cracking with it. Need to create the players as well and stuff.

But check back cos I will post other polls and stuff for kits and badges and bits.

Cheers

Alright mate take your time,I'm anyways busy with revision so no FM for me for 2 weeks:'(

Oh dear god yes! I can't wait to play with Chopper Harris and Super Dan! Also, I'd vote for no current players and a separate team. And also get Tommy Langley in aswell.

No Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink and his Puma's :O

I agree with a lot of these players being legends... but i've tried to cover the decades and not just have the best from the last few years.

Even though I was a huge fan of Eidur (still am) and JFH was great... those guys I've included have had greater Chelsea careers

I was going to include William Foulke (the fat keeper) but I thought maybe not that many people would know him.

I agree with a lot of these players being legends... but i've tried to cover the decades and not just have the best from the last few years.

Even though I was a huge fan of Eidur (still am) and JFH was great... those guys I've included have had greater Chelsea careers

I was going to include William Foulke (the fat keeper) but I thought maybe not that many people would know him.

To be fair, I'd say Essien warrants inclusion more than Joe Cole, especially when Gullit is the only DM/CM.

yer definatly go for foulke lol. if your proper chels they you should know who he is so yer definatly. also mate great idea and i wouldlt mind what you done if you could get enough legends then start a chelsea legends team insted. would be intresting playing the current chelsea side. and just to add regarding the players ages are you going based on when the player was at his peak??

yer definatly go for foulke lol. if your proper chels they you should know who he is so yer definatly. also mate great idea and i wouldlt mind what you done if you could get enough legends then start a chelsea legends team insted. would be intresting playing the current chelsea side. and just to add regarding the players ages are you going based on when the player was at his peak??

I'm putting their ages as when the age they were when they signed for Chelsea so for example Bonetti will be 19.

In response to Essien and J Cole, I'll put a poll up because it seems an unpopular decision to leave Essien out...

I'll have a think about Foulke but the 3 keepers that are there are all legends. It was a hard choice but I did talk to a few mates who are Chelsea fans and it ended up with those 3. But if more people want Foulke then let me know.

Can you add Adrian Mutu, I know that he didn't stay to much at the club, but when it was, he was very good...

Dan Petrescu no Dan Petrescue !

I'm putting their ages as when the age they were when they signed for Chelsea so for example Bonetti will be 19.

In response to Essien and J Cole, I'll put a poll up because it seems an unpopular decision to leave Essien out...

I'll have a think about Foulke but the 3 keepers that are there are all legends. It was a hard choice but I did talk to a few mates who are Chelsea fans and it ended up with those 3. But if more people want Foulke then let me know.

Essien is definatly a chelsea legend, i know cudicini was great but he did go to spurs lol. I love that idea ov thier age being the time they signed, will be funny seeing bonetti younger than zola lol. If you need any help with stats or anythink just ask mate.

i reckon u should add JFL, Flo, Essien And The Fat Goalie Coz More The Better and More Choice

Can you add Adrian Mutu, I know that he didn't stay to much at the club, but when it was, he was very good...

Dan Petrescu no Dan Petrescue !
mutu wasnt a chelsea legend, but petrescu defintely should be there

MUTU HAHAHAHAHA he got kicked out after 1 year for taking drugs