Chelsea sign 11 year old striker

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 4K
Good luck to him, hopefully we'll see him in the next 5/6 years...

Chelsea have completed the signing of 11 year old striker Michael Gyasi from Northampton Town for an undisclosed fee.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6444298,00.html

11 years old!? What is the world coming to!

Hmm didn't think they had contracts and stuff at that age, I thought he could just leave Northampton an just sign up for Chelsea lol....

Getting them young now ay, must be hard to spot potential in a player so young unless hes like a new Messi or something.

Happens quite a bit. I know someone who moved from Fulham to Chelsea at the age of 12 for 25k, I don't think this stuff usually gets reported though.

Hmm didn't think they had contracts and stuff at that age, I thought he could just leave Northampton an just sign up for Chelsea lol....

Getting them young now ay, must be hard to spot potential in a player so young unless hes like a new Messi or something.

Apparently he's been at Northampton for 3 years, so he's been playing for them since he was 8. They must be even better than Chelsea at spotting yungn's.

It's a **** long-tern investment. We'll all have forgotten about him by the time he even comes near the first team squad.

I'm just waiting for a pervy Dunc comment.. I know it will come eventually.

(No pun intended).

I think that Northampton will have gotten the better deal, 11 is too young to judge a player.

Apparently he's been at Northampton for 3 years, so he's been playing for them since he was 8. They must be even better than Chelsea at spotting yungn's.

Yer but at that age its not a big deal signing players up, its just get them see how they go and its no big deal if they dont improve or get good.. For example I nearly signed for Tranmere at the age of 9 but had issues with travel so couldnt and I'm proper **** now.

I'm just surprised Wenger didn't pick up on him.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how much money they paid for him. 5k? 50k? Nothing over 100k, surely.

I'm just waiting for a pervy Dunc comment.. I know it will come eventually.

(No pun intended).

I was thinking about it, but rising above it, for once...

Although I hope hes not playing for the 1st team, imagine the embaressment in the showers after the game when they find hes more hung than John Terry.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how much money they paid for him. 5k? 50k? Nothing over 100k, surely.

It'll be small fee but with shitloads of addons for first team and international appearances.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was £1 million + with clauses

Wonder what his salary is, fiver a week?

It'll be small fee but with shitloads of addons for first team and international appearances.

Isn't one million a bit much for what is essentially a huge stab in the dark? Maybe, though, if the kid is thought good enough... you must be right about the clauses though, it's probably a five-figure fee with a whole load of extras.

It will definitely be no more than that, my friend has been playing for cheltenham town academy for 4 years and only started getting his 150 quid a week salary last year.

Back