Chelsea sign 11 year old striker

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 4K
Isn't one million a bit much for what is essentially a huge stab in the dark? Maybe, though, if the kid is thought good enough... you must be right about the clauses though, it's probably a five-figure fee with a whole load of extras.

Can imagine there being loads an loads of clauses... 1st professional appearance, International appearanc maybe even sell on clauses etc. If this kid is really a proper rising star they are going to want to make sure they haven't missed out and are still making money on him in the future. Will see anyway but like you said, IF we remember him haha.

Last edited:
I had a contract at Partick Thistle when i was 11!

I know it's not the same scale, but still... (6)

11 i thought you had to be 16 to join a english football club at any level

I look forward to seeing his stats in FM 2015 -_-

This is him,
article-1320557-0B9E3EBE000005DC-625_233x319.jpg

Last edited:
he looks like a star haha. Chelsea's acadamy is starting to prove its a good place to be at the moment, obviously their is no guarrentee that he will make it at chelsea but system at chelsea at the moment with some of the young kids coming through seems like he picked the right club. More than likely Northampton have got some clauses in this deal and it makes sence, didn't Shrewsbury get 1million a little while back because Hart started his first competitive game for England?? Its a good way for these smaller clubs to hopefully see some revinue in the future.

I think Chelsea are going too far to redeem themselves from the criticism of not playing youngsters..

This is stupid, there is no guarantee that he will be any good by the time he even hits 16. Your body is still developing and who says he will gain the physical strength or have pace etc etc

This is stupid, there is no guarantee that he will be any good by the time he even hits 16. Your body is still developing and who says he will gain the physical strength or have pace etc etc

That's true, but latent talent isn't lost. Maybe some scout has just seen a spark in him that needs to be nurtured, a silky touch or an ability to spot a pass.

We have signed Aussie Wiz kid Rhain Davies who was 9 years old. This happens/happened all the time. Dont know why it made a news. Maybe special talent? Anyways its toooooo early to pass any judgement on him.

We have signed Aussie Wiz kid Rhain Davies who was 9 years old. This happens/happened all the time. Dont know why it made a news. Maybe special talent? Anyways its toooooo early to pass any judgement on him.

The reason it has made the news is because he is English

Clubs pick up players all the time to go in to their academy. When I was playing for my local team, a few of my team-mates and I were scouted by Crystal Palace Academy, but didn't make the cut.

This deal just happens to be between two academies, whereas we were at a lower level.

You have to be 16 to sign a professional contract.
Yes, but you can sign a pre-contract agreement which is what most clubs do. It's a good chance for the lad and the small fee will be loose change from Mr.Abrahamovic and if the add ons for prem app/international apps (and % of next sale) do come into force, then i'm sure the 1million or so would be a fraction of his worth then.

When I was 16 I used to brag about the fact I was on CM 99 and then CM2. Still remember it said I was on £150/wk.....I wish, was £30/wk plus another £20 if in 1st squad and another £15 if i played( For Atherstone Town(then United) in equivalent to English tier 7

Not too sure what the academy scouts are like these days, but back then you could be signed up after having just 1 good game for ur youth club. Was at Walsall who had a very good set up, for over 1 year then went to WBA who got shut down after 6 months as it wasn't being run correctly!

Just remembered too, tried to buy myself with teams like Man Utd etc and even with a huge wage offer I would never leave.........left me thinking, this player is a pr*ck!!! :D

Last edited:
he looks more like a future rapper than football player.... :)

many clubs get players when they are young, some even younger (Like Rhain) but just because its Chelsea and Manchester United, we hear about it...

as Kris mentioned, he could turn into an absolute flop, he may not even make the team then get released and end up flipping burgers at Maccy D's or something..

''11 year old wonderkid Michael Gyasi is 50/1 to make his Chelsea debut by his sixteenth birthday, according to Ladbrokes.''oO)

You have to remember that Barcelona picked up on Francesc Fabregas when he was 10 years old, from Mataro.
Even Mataro's manager at the time didn't play him against Barca in case their scouts saw his potential.

Seen that on ITV news a few years ago, I think.

Bad Deal by Chelsea I have to say..... Kid may look like a world-beater when he is 11 but who knows he may be even worse than his mates when he turns 16:'(

Back