Chelsea to sign Lucas Piazon

• Thread starter Thread starter Shay Given
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 7K

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
Chelsea have reached a pre-contract agreement to sign the highly rated attacking midfielder Lucas Piazon from São Paulo when he turns 18 for a fee that could reportedly amount to some £10m.

The teenager, who is currently playing for Brazil in the South American Under-17 championships in Ecuador, has opted to move to the Premier League champions rather than Juventus, who had offered a similar-sized fee but could not match the wage on offer from Chelsea.

Lucas will undergo medical tests at the club's Cobham training centre after the tournament this month before returning to Brazil, but will officially become a Chelsea player on his 18th birthday next January.

Piazon would swell the Brazilian contingent at Chelsea, which is currently made up of the defenders Alex and David Luiz.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/15/chelsea-brazilian-teenager-lucas-piazon

Chelsea are totally using Raikan's shortlists.

Heard of him but still 10mill for a 17 year old? Hope hes good.

just checked on FM and he's a striker

i thought for some reason he was a midfeilder :$

I don't think it's far to judge how much they paid for him, until we've seen more of him. I'd expect him to be good tho, as I don't think even Chelsea would spend £10m on a 17 year old for no reason.

He's an AMC on FM I signed him earlier. Can play up top of LW. Think 10million for a 17/18 year old is too much though.

I don't think it's far to judge how much they paid for him, until we've seen more of him. I'd expect him to be good tho, as I don't think even Chelsea would spend £10m on a 17 year old for no reason.

he's a forward mate :)

The guardian says he is an attacking midfielder :S
Also there are videos saying he is the next Kaka so he must be an AM

Probably one of those Ozil/Totti type players; hard to define whether he's a striker or a midfielder. Only speculating of course, I haven't seen him play. But he certainly sounds like a talent. Best of luck to him.

Big fee, for a pretty inexperienced player. Waaay too early to judge. Rather have him for 10m, then Bebe for 8.

Also FM is not 100% accurate for positions. 1 example that comes to mind is this season Werder Bremen bought Wesley from santos who is a CM for them. Though on FM10 he was a RB (and ****, too), which was changed for this year.

On FM Gabriel Mercado is a central defender (Although accomplished as FB/WB) when he hasn't played CB in the last year and a half.

Back