• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Stamford Bridge - Fulham - London
When: Saturday 19th February 2011. Kickoff 12:30 live on ESPN
Competition: FA Cup 4th Round Replay

Chelsea Team News:
One of Chelsea's January new boys Fernando Torres, has a weekend off. He is cup-tied, having played in Liverpool's 0-1 defeat by Manchester United, but available in the Champions League on Tuesday night. David Luíz, arriving from Benfica, is available. Despite the slightly disappointing result at Fulham, has a defender ever had such an effervescent full debut as the young Brazilian? In so many ways a big presence on the field, his overhead kick into the home side's box alone had Blues fans buzzing about his ability afterwards. Penalty error aside he was also solid and cool in defence.

The fact that Petr Cech saved brilliantly to spare David Luíz's blushes is another positive. The Brazilian is ineligible to play midweek in the Champions League (having figured for Benfica) so is almost certain to make his full home debut on Saturday lunchtime. With the trip to Copenhagen for Tuesday's game in mind, will Carlo Ancelotti shuffle his cards in this game? Realistically it is the club's best chance of silverware this season, and success would make history: the Blues would become the first side for 125 years to win the FA Cup three times in a row.

In his Fulham round-up the Italian boss suggested that those rested at Craven Cottage Didier Drogba, Mikel Obi and Salomon Kalou would feature in this next match. Drogba has netted eight goals in 12 meetings with Everton. Patrick van Aanholt, Gaël Kakuta, Jeffrey Bruma and Danny Sturridge, talented youngsters who have played in this competition this season, are all now on loan. The even more promising midfielder Josh McEachran remains and will be keen to be involved again. It is also possible that fit-again left-back Ryan Bertrand and tricky forward Milan Lalkovic, after highly impressive performances in the FA Youth Cup and for the Reserves, will be in the squad.

Carlo Ancelotti Press Conference pre Everton
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQCMz1CQZ0"]YouTube - Chelsea FC - Team News Pre Everton[/ame]​

Everton Team News:
Everton must be glad they are not facing Chelsea's most in-form striker.The man in question, on-loan Sturridge, tormented Everton's backline and cemented Bolton's 2-0 league win with his third goal in three games. The Toffeemen have kept just one clean sheet in their previous 18 games a 0-0 home draw with Wigan. It may be fruitful for the Londoners to try a few pot-shots in this game: only West Brom and Aston Villa have conceded more league goals from shots outside the area than Everton's ever-present Tim Howard.

Louis Saha, who is receiving treatment for his hamstring, made it nine career goals against Chelsea in all competitions for Fulham, Man Utd and Everton with his goal in the original tie. He also netted the fastest ever FA Cup final goal against the Blues in 2009, and was in hot form, scoring eight times in six matches, before this latest hitch. There is some talk of hurrying him back for this season-saver, with a home tie against Championship side Reading ahead for the winners. Having mourned the worst performance of his nine-year rule last weekend, though, Moyes must surely be more concerned about the Parisian being fit to earn precious Premier League points, starting with Sunderland.

The possible loss of Saha is countered by the return of Tim Cahill. The Aussie is back after his lengthy stint with his national team at the Asia Cup. How much the mid-season tournament in the heat and humidity of Qatar has taken out of him remains to be seen. The 31-year-old was withdrawn in the final, which Japan eventually won 1-0, and has figured as the secondary striker in two Toffees games since. However, he spurned the kind of opportunist chance we expect him to dispatch at Bolton. Ahead of him a choice has to be made as to who should spearhead Everton's attack. Victor Anichebe is the incumbent, but it was Jermaine Beckford who earned a share of the points in the league version of this game in December.

The former Leeds striker has not figured since our first FA Cup meeting and may be one of the changes Moyes rings following such a dismal showing at the Reebok. The changes are expected to be few, though, as a net loss of players in January and Jack Rodwell's groin injury make the manager's options very limited. A key figure in making Everton's usual 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 formation work is Marouane Fellaini, who generally starts games as a rangy defensive midfielder but trundles forward later when the manager needs a goal. Tactically, Moyes is likely to opt for the dense midfield model that has worked for Liverpool, Fulham and others against Ancelotti's Double-winners. With chief-assister Leighton Baines' crosses, and speedy Seamus Coleman and Cahill, Everton are very much a danger on the break. Knowing the likelihood is Chelsea will score, Moyes will demand his players take every decent chance they can.

Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • Chelsea have lost only one of their last 27 league and cup games against Everton.
  • Chelsea are aiming to become the first club to win three successive FA Cups, since Blackburn in 1884, 1885 and 1886.
  • Chelsea are unbeaten in 15 FA Cup matches. Their last defeat in the competition was at Barnsley in March 2008.
  • The last team to win an FA Cup tie at Stamford Bridge was Arsenal in the quarter-final replay in 2003. Chelsea have won 16 and drawn two since then.
  • Frank Lampard's next FA Cup goal will be his 22nd for the Blues and will make him their second highest FA Cup scorer behind Bobby Tambling (25). He is currently equal with Roy Bentley on 21.
Chelsea's Past 10 seasons in the FA Cup
2000/01 5th round
2001/02 Runners-up
2002/03 Quarter-final
2003/04 5th round
2004/05 5th round
2005/06 Semi-final
2006/07 Winners
2007/08 Quarter-final
2008/09 Winners
2009/10 Winners

Everton Stats and Milestones:
  • The Toffees last away FA Cup win against a top-flight side was at Sheffield Wednesday in January 1990.
  • It is 12 games since the Toffees last kept a clean sheet, their only shut out in 18 matches.
  • Everton have won four of their last 18 games in league and cup.
  • On 15th March David Moyes will celebrate nine years in charge of Everton. He is the fourth longest-serving manager in league football behind Alex Ferguson (24 years), Arsène Wenger (14 years) and John Coleman, Accrington Stanley (11½ years).
Everton's Last 10 seasons in the FA Cup
2000/01 4th round
2001/02 Quarter-final
2002/03 3rd round
2003/04 4th round
2004/05 5th round
2005/06 4th round
2006/07 3rd round
2007/08 3rd round
2008/09 Runners-up
2009/10 4th round

Head to Head:
Chelsea v Everton in the FA Cup
1914/15 (at Villa Park)
(SF) Chelsea 2 (Halse, Croal) Everton 0
1928/29
(3) Chelsea 2 (Thompson, Miller) Everton 0
1937/38
(3) Chelsea 0 Everton 1 (Stevenson)
1948/49
(4) Chelsea 2 (Bowie, Williams) Everton 0
1955/56
(5) Everton 1 (Farrell) Chelsea 0
1991/92
(4) Chelsea 1 (Allen) Everton 0
2005/06
(4) Everton 1 (McFadden) Chelsea 1 (Lampard)
(R) Chelsea 4 (Robben, Lampard pen, Crespo, Terry) Everton 1 (Arteta pen)
2008/09
(F) Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 2 (Drogba, Lampard)
2010/11
(4) Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 1 (Kalou)

Chelsea v Everton in all competitions
Games played 161
Chelsea wins 61
Everton wins 49
Draws 51

Head to head in all competitions at Stamford Bridge
Games played 82
Chelsea wins 42
Everton wins 14
Draws 26

Biggest win at Stamford Bridge for each team
11/09/1948 Chelsea 6-0 Everton (Division 1)
15/03/1913 Chelsea 1-3 Everton (Division 1)

Days Since?:
Chelsea lost at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup: 2,888
Everton won at Stamford Bridge: 5,929
Arsenal won a trophy: 2,100
Liverpool won a trophy: 1,734

My Prediction on the game:
I can see Chelsea lining up with a 4-3-3 again with Drogba, Kalou and Anelka as the front 3. If we do this then i can only see one side winning. Everton always make it very tough for us especially at Stamford Bridge so i expect them to give us a rough ride. Im going to predict a 2-1 win to Chelsea, Drogba and Lampard scoring the Chelsea goals and Cahill scoring the Everton goal.

Last edited:
Just can't see Everton win this, 2-0 for Chelsea, Didier Drogba and Ashley Cole !

I'm guna be ever the optimist and say a sneaky 2-1 win for everton :)

3-0 Chelsea. Torres to get his first goal

Ancelotti has confirmed that Drogba will start tomorrow. Also Yuri Zhirkov is in the squad for the first time since November. Torres is inelegible also is David Luiz, Torres because he has featured for Liverpool in the FA Cup this season and Luiz because he wasent registered for the first game on January 29th. Stupid rule if you ask me.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

3-0 Chelsea. Torres to get his first goal

I hope that would happen but Torres cant play mate.

Chelsea 2-0

Le Drog
Kalou late on.

Just pointing out, it's penalt*ies

And I think both have not been great as of yet, but Everton did well in the match before the replay, so maybe 1-0 to Everton or 2-1 to Chelsea (a.e.t.)

Chelsea to win 3-0

Torres x2, Drogba

Again i wish you were right but Torres cant play lol.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Just pointing out, it's penalt*ies

And I think both have not been great as of yet, but Everton did well in the match before the replay, so maybe 1-0 to Everton or 2-1 to Chelsea (a.e.t.)

First of all cheers English teacher and second of all, i thought it was but i made this thread a 4 this morning so was abit tired lol. :D

Again i wish you were right but Torres cant play lol.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

First of all cheers English teacher and second of all, i thought it was but i made this thread a 4 this morning so was abit tired lol. :D
I'm not even English though lol all jokes, wonder if the match would go to extra time, be a shocker if it dragged on to penalties.

I'm not even English though lol all jokes, wonder if the match would go to extra time, be a shocker if it dragged on to penalties.

yer you dont get many FA Cup ties that go to extra time or penalties do ya lol. I expect it to be tight but i think Chelsea may have just a little too much for Everton.

Ancelotti has confirmed that Drogba will start tomorrow. Also Yuri Zhirkov is in the squad for the first time since November. Torres is inelegible also is David Luiz, Torres because he has featured for Liverpool in the FA Cup this season and Luiz because he wasent registered for the first game on January 29th. Stupid rule if you ask me.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I hope that would happen but Torres cant play mate.

duh :S sorry about that, it's been a long half term ;)

Reading > Chelsea + Everton

Hoping for Chelsea. Would be great to see my team Vs. Chelsea again. Do you know how many seats the Away fans get in the cup?

Luiz can't? that's a bit of a joke. Is it because he wasn't registered at the start of the competition or something stupid?

Reading > Chelsea + Everton

Hoping for Chelsea. Would be great to see my team Vs. Chelsea again. Do you know how many seats the Away fans get in the cup?

I am guessing mate but if we win then the against Reading will be a mid-week game so i would say anything between 2000-5000 for away fans proberly the latter.

Luiz can't? that's a bit of a joke. Is it because he wasn't registered at the start of the competition or something stupid?

Its because he wasent a Chelsea player when the teams drew in the first game.

I am guessing mate but if we win then the against Reading will be a mid-week game so i would say anything between 2000-5000 for away fans proberly the latter.

Yeah, it's on a Tuesday i think. It's on TV i know that fo' sure.

We'll sell out at your ground.

Anyway i'm going for 3-1 Chelsea.

I thought only Torres is unavailable but Luiz can play since he isn't cup tied am I wrong?

Yeah, it's on a Tuesday i think. It's on TV i know that fo' sure.

We'll sell out at your ground.

Anyway i'm going for 3-1 Chelsea.

Yer its the day we have been schedueld to play Man Utd so that will be moved if we win tomorrow. Yer im not douting you will sell out mate, a midweek FA Cup game wont sell out for Chelsea so the club will give more to Reading i would expect.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I thought only Torres is unavailable but Luiz can play since he isn't cup tied am I wrong?

Thats what i thought mate. Apparently because Luiz wasnt a registered Chelsea player when these two teams drew the original game he cant feature in the replay. I think its an absolute joke.