Chelsea vs Tottenham 30/4/2011

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 5K

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sigh... Hope judges wont make any mistake tomorrow and in final. And against Chelsea. Especially in final. Especially in final. Especially in final. Especially in final vs Barcelona.

Yes! Deserved win even if they shouldn't of counted. Linesman can't be blamed for the first he was sure it was over and it did look it at first and Souness is wrong in saying the referee should overrule it because he couldn't see from there. Would be interesting to see where the linesman was for Kalou's offside goal because if he's just behind the play then he can't see the offside, but if he's on line with it then he should give it.

He seems to know he isn't staying, though - didn't look happy at all.

Nah, he wasn't happy because he's probably been our best player the past few games along with Cole and Drogba and he didn't start. That's why he wasn't happy.

Two great goals and a thoroughly deserved win, Sandro's goal was poor.. Oh sorry ill just take these tinted glasses off.

F*ck me that was lucky!

If Arsenal win tomorrow, what do Utd need to do to win the title? Just beat Chelsea or win all their remaining games or what?

If Arsenal win tomorrow, what do Utd need to do to win the title? Just beat Chelsea or win all their remaining games or what?

We need 7 points from 4 games to win the title.

tomorrows game against the Gunners is a must win now in my opinon, nothing other than a win will do otherwise pressure will be on us next weekend against Chelsea at Old Trafford who'll have nothing to lose.

Goal-line technology, please.

Also - different linesmen surely?

Indeed it is - you have to play them as well, don't you?

We do, at home second to last match I think.
Newcastle tomorrow, Fulham away, Spurs home then Villa away.

Well done officials. Nice to know that Chelsea needed help score against us, at their ground.

That is all.

Two goals from Chelsea shouldn't have stood, but neither should've Sandro's opener. Bale clearly flicked the ball on from the long ball which resulted wrongly in a Spurs throw in, which led directly to Sandro's goal. So it would've been 0-0, with a penalty on Malouda possibly resulting in a goal.

That is all.

Took a while for my verdict (because im ******) but yes we were fortunate for our 2 goals to stand but Spurs had one decent shot which was the goal. If any team was going to win today then it was going to be Chelsea and yes the first goal didnt cross the line (as Lamps said he was due one) but Gomes makes the linesman make a decision with a mistake he shouldnt have done. The 2nd goal was offside but it happens and we had a stone wall penalty turned down (as the officials tried to level things up which they do, do un-intentionaly). Also Ancelotti is the most un-biased manager i am sure, here is what he said and what others would have said.
Ancelotti: We were lucky today
Wenger: I didnt see it
Ferguson: We were lucky, but we have had decisons against us this season so i dont care.

All i have to say is!!

He comes from the Ivory Coast Kalou, Kalou,
He dont do coke like Adrian Mutu, Mutu,
He crossed the ball in from the left,
It landed right on Riise's head,
And thats why we love Salomon Kalou!!

Over to Utd now!!

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Was just watching the Sandro goal again and i think Cech will be dissapointed that he didnt keep it out. He got a hand to it and maybe the little nick of Modric's head was the deciding factor that it went in.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

My take on the game:
As many know and can see from this thread (if they actually be bothered to read it) Chelsea have a sensational record against Spurs especially at home. But it always feels nearvy and Spurs are getting better with every passing year. Saying that Spurs have found it hard to pick up wins lately and Chelsea seem to be back to their near best. With us having a full fit squad i can see us running out 2-1 winner, goals from Gallas(******* hope not though) and Lampardx2 for Chelsea.

See i got the result right again. Did you have any money on it i hear you ask?? Of corse i didnt lol

Last edited:
Back