Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion - Match Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter NUFC_Tony
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5K
Firstly Chelsea are playing West Brom, you'd expect them
too win.

Secondly, what's been wrong with West Broms football? They like to play the ball along the ground, patient build up. Only thing lacking is a clinical finish/striker.

You said yourself West Brom have been poor.

Their defending has been slack (obviously because its 5-0) and they can't seem to find that clinical finish. They looked all over the place when Drogba scored the 5th.

Firstly Chelsea are playing West Brom, you'd expect them
too win.

Secondly, what's been wrong with West Broms football? They like to play the ball along the ground, patient build up. Only thing lacking is a clinical finish/striker.

Thirdly, am loving the cry "who the **** are man united" chants ringing around Stamford never full Bridge. You no you have made it big when teams are singing about you when you aren't even playing them lol

That's the only thing lacking? Really?

They lack any sort of link up play, passing, and above all their defence is the worst I've seen in a long time.

West Brom lack in a top striker.

But then again,di Matteo has already claimed that he doesn't have cash to burn,so relying on the likes of Bednar and Miller to do the job will have to be until the board fork some over.

You said yourself West Brom have been poor.

Their defending has been slack (obviously because its 5-0) and they can't seem to find that clinical finish. They looked all over the place when Drogba scored the 5th.

I said the west brom defense has been poor as too has the goalkeeping. Towards end of the first half and begining of the second, west brom played some
nice football but just didn't have "the quality in the final third" as George Burley has said about 40 times on ESPN

I said the west brom defense has been poor as too has the goalkeeping. Towards end of the first half and begining of the second, west brom played some
nice football but just didn't have "the quality in the final third" as George Burley has said about 40 times on ESPN

Yep, which is why they have been poor!

Can't seem to string two passes together lol.

Looking forward to MOTD tonight after all these games.

Expected a thrashing here - but 6-0 is insane for an opening game.

great start for the champions :D really pleased with this win and tbh i dont even think chelsea were at their best today and its nice to see drogba malouda and lampard all begining where they left of last season

great start for the champions :D really pleased with this win and tbh i dont even think chelsea were at their best today and its nice to see drogba malouda and lampard all begining where they left of last season

Its true,the loss was contemplated by West Brom's abysmal defending.

I Thnk this is a good result, and a great score line, but i wouldnt get to excited by it, they beat a yoyo club, who will be relegated at the end of the year.

Its true,the loss was contemplated by West Brom's abysmal defending.

Eh? Contemplated??!

And Chelsea looked ominously clinical, despite playing a side as poor as West Brom. Drogba and Malouda look to be on form, and although it's only one game into the season I think Chelsea will be the team to beat this year. It'll be interesting to see whether Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool can produce a performance to match them in the next few games.

West Brom looked clueless in defence and toothless up front and I can't see them surviving unless they acquire a proven goalscorer.

As predicted West Brom were rinsed. Back down you go baggies.

Nice to see Chelsea hammer West Brom today hope they win the EPL again

Dad had 5-0, Chelsea scored in the 89th minute :(

Well played Chelsea, it is only West Brom but a good result nonetheless. Look a lot like they did last year and I am sure Ramires will only strengthen the side. Weak link looks like the right back position, Ferreira was awful, Ivanovic would be a better choice to play there (not sure why he isn't actually). Oh and whatever happened to Bosingwa he seemed a good right back.

simple, thats why we're champions. it means more because of all the media and rival fans comments like chelsea dont look the same team they were awful in pre-season, and the best one that drogba is too old haha. we do our talking on the pitch and regardless of it beaing west brom or not its not like this is our first big win against a side in recent times. yer i agree west broms defending was awful but when a team gets beat 6-0 surely your defending would have to have been poor. Our 4th goal was sensational excellent play by ashley cole and typical lamps goal. People i said it the other day Drogba is fully fit for the first time since he joined Chelsea beware.

eh what are you talking about? if west brom defend like that agansy any team they will get beat 6-0. good win, but nothing to shout about, nothing that strikes fear into the others, or even sets a marker for the others. 37 games to go.

eh what are you talking about? if west brom defend like that agansy any team they will get beat 6-0. good win, but nothing to shout about, nothing that strikes fear into the others, or even sets a marker for the others. 37 games to go.

i know thats why im not getting carried away but its not like this is our first big win in recent times is it. so you cant just blame the poor defending we tore them appart from start to finish. 6-0 and we wern't at our best, confidence is high and rightly so.

i know thats why im not getting carried away but its not like this is our first big win in recent times is it. so you cant just blame the poor defending we tore them appart from start to finish. 6-0 and we wern't at our best, confidence is high and rightly so.
yeah i can. i watched the game as the first 3 goals game from not knowing to defend from set pieces. i mean they couldnt even keep a wall together. hence good win but nothing more, and again certainly nothing to brag about, exactly why ancelloti downplayed it. much tougher tests ahead

yeah i can. i watched the game as the first 3 goals game from not knowing to defend from set pieces. i mean they couldnt even keep a wall together. hence good win but nothing more, and again certainly nothing to brag about, exactly why ancelloti downplayed it. much tougher tests ahead

im pretty sure ancelotti downplayed to make sure they didnt get carried away and keep their feet on the ground. dosen't mean he wont be happy with the performance and result. i agree with you that yer the defence was school boy like but we still had to take our chances.

Back