Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion - Match Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter NUFC_Tony
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5K
I don't really care who the opponent is, to win 6-0 in your opening game is always a great result.
I think people looked a bit too much into our woeful pre-season and based all expectations on that, which is always a stupid thing to do.
So much for our old squad, three years ago people were saying they were too old to win anything, they still all look physically in top shape. Drogs is supposedly not match fit aswell, can't wait to see what he can do once fully fit, especially now he is playing pain free after a successful operation.

I don't really care who the opponent is, to win 6-0 in your opening game is always a great result.
I think people looked a bit too much into our woeful pre-season and based all expectations on that, which is always a stupid thing to do.
So much for our old squad, three years ago people were saying they were too old to win anything, they still all look physically in top shape. Drogs is supposedly not match fit aswell, can't wait to see what he can do once fully fit, especially now he is playing pain free after a successful operation.

I dont think anyone doubts that on your day your older players are a match for anyone in the league and can batter almost everyone, but it is whether they can do it for 60 games in 9 months. I think to simply dismiss the fears because of a game against a championshp quality side is rather silly.

Back