Chelsea vs West Ham United - 23/4/11 - Live on ESPN 17:30

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 4K

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fernando Torres opens his account for Chelsea.. why now? With United to come in 2 weeks, why would you choose now to score and go on your goalscoring run you ladyboy! :'(

Ahh well, watched the first half. Chelsea dominated early, but West Ham came back into it and Lampard's goal came just as Chelsea were getting the control back from Hammers.

Second half sounds like it's been pretty much the same.

Goal and assist ;) What a finish too by Malouda, should have played in Torres though lol.

Well, now it looks like Chelsea aren't giving away their title without a fight.

Too little, too late it looks like though.

Nando might be hitting form at just the right time, 6points with Utd to play and Utd vs Arsenal.. Looking good!

If United had dropped points today, I'd say Chelsea could win the title with Torres scoring and grabbing an assist- However, with not many matches left now, 6 points could be a gap too far.. All they can do is keep on winning matches and make it difficult for Ancelotti to be sacked.

If United had dropped points today, I'd say Chelsea could win the title with Torres scoring and grabbing an assist- However, with not many matches left now, 6 points could be a gap too far.. All they can do is keep on winning matches and make it difficult for Ancelotti to be sacked.

Yeah it's possible for Chelsea to win with Utd playing chelsea and Arsenal, but I don't think Arsenal will win, they just aren't reliable enough. Hopefully United might drop points somewhere else though.

Despite the undying hatred I have for Torres, it's nice to see him score.
Not going to make a difference, it's not like he's going to be scoring every game from now on.

Well I was hoping United dropped points today and he nearly happened but my day was made with the Torres Goal and Assist, maybe now he will start to score on a regular basis and he linked up well with Anelka when they came on so that will be a headache for Ancelloti for our next game against Tottenham, its a must win for us through the season and these goals surely have helped our goal difference so if we do beat Man Utd and and if Arsenal do the same then we could be top on superior goal difference

I just hope Torres continues from now on, his goal has lifted everyone at the club probably and seeing all our forwards in prime form excites me with Kalou grabbing a Double in the last game, Malouda scoring on a regular basis, Lamps grabbing the odd goal and Drogba looking unstoppable in this current form, hopefully we maintain our momentum with a good win against Tottenham before arguably the game of the season---- Chelsea vs Manchester United

**** **** **** **** YESSSS!!!!

A goal and an assist for El Nino and people who say he has lost his acceleration he looked the quickest player out there in that rain today. The interview after the game said it all, its not easy joining a club half way through a season especially as Chelsea play different football to what im used to. Take his goal and assist out of the equasion and he looked good anyway. What ever Didier has been taking i want some because he is back to his unplayable best again (maybe just too late in the season).

I said to my mate i can see Torres scoring and then the ref calling the game off, i would not have been impressed. In all fairness i think the rain ruined the game and made it more intresting at the same time and even at 0-0 and 1-0 West Ham looked like they would score and we had Cech to thank yet again. Loved Lampards goal and running infront of the West Ham supporters saying "******* have it bastards", i dont usally like players swearing at fans etc but they way they cheered when he broke his leg is sickening.

For me the title is over still but who knows, we needed a few goals for our goal difference only 2 behind Utd now if im right which if on the chance Utd lose to us and Arsenal and we manage to win all our games we could nip it on goal difference. My mate made up this chant which i thought was genius.

HE WAS A RED HES NOW A BLUE, TORRES TORRES
HE SCORED AGAINST THE CLARET AND BLUE, TORRES TORRES
THE BALL GOT STUCK IN THE MUD
THEN IT HIT THE NET WITH A MIGHTY THUD
FERNANDO TORRES, CHELSEA'S NUMBER 9!!!
YouTube - Fernando TORRES finally scores for Chelsea -- Torres goal vs West Ham

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Im predicting a 2-0 win for Chelsea with Malouda and Lampard getting the goals.

How close was i with my prediction then??

still stealing our songs i see...

;)

EDIT: still think he's a c**t but nice to see he got a bit of luck with the ball getting held up in the mud. Still, it's about time.

OMFGWTHIGABTITGTTEHTM torres scored.

that actually stands for something but i just forgot it

;)

EDIT: still think he's a c**t but nice to see he got a bit of luck with the ball getting held up in the mud. Still, it's about time.

Lol it would be your song if you bought rights to it lol. Its a good song but needed updating.

No surprise to see Yossi Benayoun on the pitch at the same time as him :P (even though he had nothing to do with the goal)..

Great team spirit shown there in the celebration. Chelsea players look so happy that he's scored, and now they don't have to keep trying to help him because he'll have some confidence back.

;)

He would have had a better chance of scoring had it not been caught in the water.

He would have had a better chance of scoring had it not been caught in the water.

With the speed at which he was running with the ball it looked as if he takes to near to near impossible angle to score.

Still good finish though.

Back