Chelsea vs West Ham United - 23/4/11 - Live on ESPN 17:30

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 4K

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
****, Torres scored... ah well, joke is over.
Good win for Chelsea.

Yes Fernando!

Great atmosphere at the game earlier, especially after Torres scored, was absolutely mental. West Ham fans were also brilliant, singing all game virtually.

Was a decent performance, WH played really well and were unlucky not to score. But in the end a deserved win, take away the goal and assist from Torres, he actually played really well. Bringing others into play, pressuring defenders etc. Hopefully that's the first of many, the players reaction was also brilliant when he scored.

Won't win the league, but all we can do is just win and hope United drop points.

Yes Fernando!

Great atmosphere at the game earlier, especially after Torres scored, was absolutely mental. West Ham fans were also brilliant, singing all game virtually.

Was a decent performance, WH played really well and were unlucky not to score. But in the end a deserved win, take away the goal and assist from Torres, he actually played really well. Bringing others into play, pressuring defenders etc. Hopefully that's the first of many, the players reaction was also brilliant when he scored.

Won't win the league, but all we can do is just win and hope United drop points.

Chelsea fans have really been on form of late with the signing etc, we was loud at OT, sung through the whole game at WBA and today it was electric again (although West Ham fans played there part).

He would have had a better chance of scoring had it not been caught in the water.

Couldnt agree more, if anything it made the chance harder for him. Took it excellently.

how on earth does it make it harder? He's aware that it's got caught in the water, whereas the defender tracking him continues and reacts a lot later. Certainly makes the chance easier, but if you look, i actually said I was pleased for him...

Also, don't really understand why you're on about his pace? From what i've seen, he didn't really need to use it. Got lucky with the assist as well as it was a bad pass.

;)

just seen the highlights and boy West Ham fans must be disapointed after some of the chances they wasted, score line flatters the home side (judging by the highlights) but a win is a win and the gap at the top is still 6 points.

The water actually helped him, but i doubt he will care hes got the goal and that will help shake a monkey off his back

You say the water helped him but if anything it was harder, he had to stop when he was running at full pace and do a full turn without slipping up, then take a touch to control the ball and smash it in the corner on his weaker foot. Defenders where slipping up all over the show but he managed to keep his footing.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

how on earth does it make it harder? He's aware that it's got caught in the water, whereas the defender tracking him continues and reacts a lot later. Certainly makes the chance easier, but if you look, i actually said I was pleased for him...

Also, don't really understand why you're on about his pace? From what i've seen, he didn't really need to use it. Got lucky with the assist as well as it was a bad pass.

;)

Not just the pace from the goal but in general he was the only player that didnt seem to suffer from the water on the pitch. He looked a yard quicker than anyone else.

You say the water helped him but if anything it was harder, he had to stop when he was running at full pace and do a full turn without slipping up, then take a touch to control the ball and smash it in the corner on his weaker foot. Defenders where slipping up all over the show but he managed to keep his footing.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Not just the pace from the goal but in general he was the only player that didnt seem to suffer from the water on the pitch. He looked a yard quicker than anyone else.
well you expect that from a 50 million pounds forward :P

;)

At what point did I say you weren't pleased for him?! Just my opinion but I feel it made it more difficult as he had to react and use his weaker foot, had the ball not got caught up in the water I feel he had the ball under control and would have had a great chance at scoring.

We're on about his pace because everybody's been saying his lost his acceleration but when he came on today he showed he still has it.

Back