Chelsea's Kakuta in Fulham loan

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea's France Under-20 international Gael Kakuta joins Fulham on loan for the remainder of the season.

More...

Good signing for Fulham, shown in glimpses that he's a good player. Must of been good if he was worth getting a transfer ban for.

bit of a surprise since chelsea's squad isnt that big and he looks a good back-up player!

Good move all round. i think, i wonder if chelsea are chasing a winger thou because Kakuta has been on the bench a few times this season.

but it would be a good idea to keep him at chelsea since they dont have the biggest squad and say if your winning by 3 or 4 he a good player to come on and rest those senior players legs for the last 20-30mins

For Chelsea, they have sturridge, Zhirkov, malouda, for playing wing or left striker position. i believe this is a good deal because he will get a playing experience by playing for a EPL Team. he needs to develop and become a matured striker.

do you think this means fulham are expecting Duff to go by bringing in a left winger?

I didn't mean that duff should go. Kakuta will play for both wing and as a striker. but i believe duff only plays for left position. so i don't think there will be a major problem to play for both players.

I didn't mean that duff should go. Kakuta will play for both wing and as a striker. but i believe duff only plays for left position. so i don't think there will be a major problem to play for both players.

he playing more on the right now!

Kakuta will come and play on the winger although we play with inside forwards or inverted wingers as some would call them. Whether he is able to displace Duff or Dempsey is the question. We also have Gera and Davies on the bench so we have a healthy competition for places. I just wonder if Chelsea sent him here expecting him to start because I am not so sure. It will be good to have someone with real pace in the side for once though.

My feelings are that Gera will be offloaded by the end of this window.

does this mean the SWP deal is off? or has it be done yet? havent been following the window lately

Yup, interest in SWP ended when the Kakuta deal materialised. Much cheaper option which is good for us.

Good deal for both Chelsea and Fulham I think. He might give Fulham a spark, and it will develop him well if he gets a place in the 18 regularly

I cant wait to watch this lad play for Fulham a pretty good signing for the club and hopefully he does well at Fulham and helps them stay in the premier league.