Chelsea's Start to the Season

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
so he's so good at centre back that when he comes back from injury he plays right back

he is our right back cover because we only have Ferriera at the moment as Bosingwa has been out for nearly and year and Sam Hutchinson had to retire.

so why don't chelsea play ferriera at right back if ivanovic is so good at centre back or buy another rb if bosingwa been out for so long

Just have to say I HATE Chelsea with every fibre of my body I would rather see Liverpool win the league but their are simply unstoppable at the moment but I think every thing is going to change on saturday when City do us a favor again like they did twice last season and beat them

Just have to say I HATE Chelsea with every fibre of my body I would rather see Liverpool win the league but their are simply unstoppable at the moment but I think every thing is going to change on saturday when City do us a favor again like they did twice last season and beat them

Same here, i especially hate it when there fans say they didn't buy the league and say man utd did the same thing in the 90's

so why don't chelsea play ferriera at right back if ivanovic is so good at centre back or buy another rb if bosingwa been out for so long

we have been playing Ferriera at right back but against the stronger sides (more than likely against City on Saturday) we play Ivanovic. Ivanovic is a Terry type defender strong good in the air but lacks pace but Alex has abit of pace thats why we play Alex and Terry. If we played Terry and Ivanovic we would have no pace at all at centre back and that would be dangerous. Anyone who thinks Ivanovic isen't a great defender really musen't watch Chelsea much.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Like i said if there is a time to play City away i think its now before their team gels properly.

Same here, i especially hate it when there fans say they didn't buy the league and say man utd did the same thing in the 90's

You can't buy succses Chelsea didn't Man Utd didn't and knowone can.

we have been playing Ferriera at right back but against the stronger sides (more than likely against City on Saturday) we play Ivanovic. Ivanovic is a Terry type defender strong good in the air but lacks pace but Alex has abit of pace thats why we play Alex and Terry. If we played Terry and Ivanovic we would have no pace at all at centre back and that would be dangerous. Anyone who thinks Ivanovic isen't a great defender really musen't watch Chelsea much.

So your saying that invanovic is a terry type, you mean ****, no skill and no class and plus if you think chelsea have any good defenders excluding cole musen't watch chelsea much

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Like i said if there is a time to play City away i think its now before their team gels properly.

You can't buy succses Chelsea didn't Man Utd didn't and knowone can.

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHA never laughed so much on this site, so what do you call all those millions spent on players during the first 3 or 4 years of abramavich's reign

So your saying that invanovic is a terry type, you mean ****, no skill and no class and plus if you think chelsea have any good defenders excluding cole musen't watch chelsea much

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHA never laughed so much on this site, so what do you call all those millions spent on players during the first 3 or 4 years of abramavich's reign

What so we managed to win the double with a **** defence??? Honestly i can see why you made this thread now.

Ranieri - won nothing
Grant- won nothing
Scolari - won nothing
City in the last 2 years - won nothing
?????

Ranieri - won nothing
Grant- won nothing
Scolari - won nothing
City in the last 2 years - won nothing
?????

Grant had about 3/4 of a season and took chelsea to the champions league final and almost won the league so he shouldnt of been sacked, during ranieris reign chelsea bought **** players for stupid money and why havn't you mentioned mourinho. Oh and you only won the league last year because man utd were so bad and only won the fa cup because your the only big club to take is seriously

no our season started against West Brom thats why we are 4 points clear with a +10 better goal difference than Utd.

Your true season starts now.

Everyone expected you to get 15 points from your first 5 games. The question is whether you can continue doing it in the tougher fixtures.

Grant had about 3/4 of a season and took chelsea to the champions league final and almost won the league so he shouldnt of been sacked, during ranieris reign chelsea bought **** players for stupid money and why havn't you mentioned mourinho

because we had the right manager and set up. Money dosen't guarrentee success simple as that it can push you in the right direction if used properly. and i think most people would agree that during Grants reign the players carried theirselfs.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Your true season starts now.

Everyone expected you to get 15 points from your first 5 games. The question is whether you can continue doing it in the tougher fixtures.

everyone expects yer but when does that always happen in football. Like i said we lost to wigan last season and drew to west ham.

I'm not trying to take away from your performances. I'm merely saying your start to the season doesn't count for anything if you start ******* about now.

I'm not trying to take away from your performances. I'm merely saying your start to the season doesn't count for anything if you start ******* about now.

4 points clear at any stage of the season counts for something.

4 points clear at any stage of the season counts for something.

not at this stage maybe getting to feburay/march time it counts but not now as chelsea have to play the teams around them now

not at this stage maybe getting to feburay/march time it counts but not now as chelsea have to play the teams around them now

think what you like, even your precious fergie would rather be in our position at the moment.

lol is the maker of thie thread basicly trying to call chelsea a **** ?? lol yeah the best team in england are really **** XD

lol is the maker of thie thread basicly trying to call chelsea a **** ?? lol yeah the best team in england are really **** XD

at last someone who can talk sence. He basicy said Chelsea's defence is ****???

the whole money buys success annoys me. sure it helps, but you still need that something extra. for example where was chelseas money when we won three titles in a row? lets not take anything any from what chelsea achieved last season.

billy pretty much echo's my sentiments on this. right now, a 4 point gap means very little, despitewhat the press says, we've all seen bigger gaps disappear, and chelsea have sterner things to come.

at last someone who can talk sence. He basicy said Chelsea's defence is ****???

ok maybe chelseas defence isnt the best in the world but in my opinion it is one of the best especially in the premier league and this guy just isnt talking any sense

Well, we'll see. Chelsea's defence hasn't been tested yet, and I'd be interested to see how Terry and co. get on without the brains of the operation, Ricardo Carvalho.

If you watched Chelsea last year you would have known Carvalho played about 5-10 games then was out for the whole season. We used the Alex & Terry partnership basically throughout the whole League, FA Cup, and Champions League campaign. Another thing to note is that we conceded the second least in the League behind United so that really answers your question.

Can't be that "sensational" if he can't start ahead of terry and alex

He played at right back all last season because Bosingwa was injured throughout.

so he's so good at centre back that when he comes back from injury he plays right back

No, Bosingwa was the one that was injured, not Ivanovic.

Ivanovic is naturally a centre back, a very good one. He can also play a right back, and is a better right back than Ferriera. Did you not see Ivanovic's name in the right back slot in the PFA Team of the Season?

This isn't even worth responding to.

the whole money buys success annoys me. sure it helps, but you still need that something extra. for example where was chelseas money when we won three titles in a row? lets not take anything any from what chelsea achieved last season.

billy pretty much echo's my sentiments on this. right now, a 4 point gap means very little, despitewhat the press says, we've all seen bigger gaps disappear, and chelsea have sterner things to come.

Yeah totally agree, remember newcastles huge lead and man utd caught up and won the league, and when man utd had lead in 08 and chelsea caught that so anything can happen

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

If you watched Chelsea last year you would have known Carvalho played about 5-10 games then was out for the whole season. We used the Alex & Terry partnership basically throughout the whole League, FA Cup, and Champions League campaign. Another thing to note is that we conceded the second least in the League behind United so that really answers your question.

He played at right back all last season because Bosingwa was injured throughout.

No, Bosingwa was the one that was injured, not Ivanovic.

Ivanovic is naturally a centre back, a very good one. He can also play a right back, and is a better right back than Ferriera. Did you not see Ivanovic's name in the right back slot in the PFA Team of the Season?

This isn't even worth responding to.

So you must be one of the people who think terry is good, like ferdinand terry needs a good centre back partner to make him look good, ferdinand has vidic and terry had carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back