Great win over Real Sociedad!..I wasn't sure if anyone could have pulled that off.

Keep it up in the league also, hopefully the injuries calm down a bit!

Laban picked up a knock in training that will rule him out for a few weeks annoyingly.

We would be in for a fight in Cyprus APOEL have been in the Champions league in the past few years.

Alibec almost made it through there defense after seconds. Reginaldo smacked the post after forty seconds from a tight angle and the rebound was cleared.

William scored after a half cleared corner but was correctly called offside almost a 3rd minute lead.

A Rus cross was flicked on by Enache and Alibec slammed it into the corner we lead after sixteen minutes.

William added a second after a Yahya through ball but again was offside. Enache hit the post again for us after 25 minutes. Reginaldo then fired wide from a promising position we were creating so many great chances but not finishing them.

Enache hit the bar just before the hour as we continued to come close to scoring a second goal.

We had a couple of shot from close range blocked soon after and I'm hoping they don't come back to bite us.

It was a match that we dominated but couldn't add a second away goal which could be vital.
View attachment 240522

We faced Craiova on the Sunday in a match we were expected to dominate but fell behind to an eighth minute penalty Ben Youssef conceded.

Reginaldo danced past a centre back in the box before hammering a shot into the top corner to equalize after 25 minutes 1-1.

William and Yahaya had some nice passing outside the box before Yahya smacked a shot past the keeper from range. 2-1 up after half an hour. Reginaldo slammed a shot over from a tight angle after a great pass just before half time.

William chased down a defender and blocked his clearance before cutting it back to Reginaldo who passed the ball just inside post to make it 3-1 after 55 minutes. Bilasco made a great run into the box and was cut down to give us a penalty that Reginaldo converted to finish his hat trick.

After 80 minutes Rus threw the ball in to Yahya and he played in Bilasco who tucked his shot in the corner to make it 5-1.

That was how it finished with a great win for us. We stay second as Rapid continue their great start to the season.View attachment 240519

Great win over Real Sociedad!..I wasn't sure if anyone could have pulled that off.

Keep it up in the league also, hopefully the injuries calm down a bit!
Thanks the teams were actually closer in ability than I thought and they were missing a couple of players but no complaints.The league is looking good so far but still a ways to go

Playing in Europe is new for Astra and the demand for tickets to see us play was over 5 times what our stadium can hold fortunately we got the match moved to the national stadium in Bucharest so with about 40,000 fans it should prove daunting for APOEL. We had our one goal lead that I hoped we would extend as a good performance could lead to more fans at league games. We had filled our finishing boots against Craiova and I hoped that it would continue.

Alibec smacked volley from close range straight at their keeper from close range I wondered if we would again prove our own worst enemy.

Alibec won a goal kick from Lung a went on a great run that was ended in the box by Guilherme. Seto converted it and the stadium was rocking. We were two up on aggregate. William then played Alibec after beating a man but he smacked it onto the crossbar from twelve yards out.

Just after the half hour William and Yahya had great interchange and knocked it into Maranhao crossing it into Alibec who volleyed home from twelve yards to double our lead. 3-0 on aggregate we would appear to be favourites to get through.

William received a throw in and beat his man before firing a shot that went just over.

Just before half time Riise played in Marica and he squared it to Morias who squared it to Sheridan who fired into a near empty net. This took a notch off of the noise just before half time.

Just after half time a bad touch gave the ball to Enache near the byline he crossed it in and Alibec produced a beautiful header to send the ball into the top corner. 4-1 on aggregate. The stadium erupted as Alibec pulled some awful dance moves (almost as bad as Morenos)

Ben Youssef hit the post after a Gaman flick on to almost make it four to us.

After 80 minutes William played it to Alibec who turned and fired the ball past the keeper 5-1 on aggregate. The stadium exploded with noise we were into the group stages surely.

Grandin still had time to hit the post after William gave it to him in room.

When the final whistle went there was a massive celebration after as we were into the group stages at the first attempt. View attachment 240504
View attachment 240503The groups will be drawn soon but it should do wonders for our finances I hope that we can sneak second but I think that we will not quite manage it.

Also Williams great performances have attracted interest from Torino I agreed to accept a reasonable bid as the transfer window closes in a few days

Last edited:
After the high of thrashing APOEL it was back to the league where we hosted Gaz Metan.

After twenty five minutes a Pinto cross was half volleyed into the roof of the net by William to give us the lead.

A Gaman shot from a corner was blocked and the rebound fell to Alibec and he slotted it into an empty net 2-0 after 28 minutes.

Lung produced a great save to preserve his clean sheet after their striker got in on goal.

Half time 2-0 up I was pleased.

William hit a great ball out to Reginaldo got it back and shot but it went straight at the keeper.

Todea was on a booking when he brought down Yehaya and got sent off. Against ten men William came off with Alibec and Fatai made his return from injury.

A Rus cross fell to Fatai in the six yard box and he slammed it home to get his first goal since the Steaua match.

The match ended three nil a good win especially after a mid week game.View attachment 240471I got told that I finished second in manager of the month which was pleasing but I want to win it next month.

I got bids for Yahaya from Torino and Atalanta.View attachment 240470I didn't respond to them and they expired as the Italian transfer window closed.

Yahaya then came to me saying he wanted to go to Rayo I agreed to let him as it was 30 minutes until the Spanish window shut and no bid came in that time. This means he and William will be staying whch they were more than happy to do.

Gaman twisted his ankle and will miss 4-5 weeks but two will be an international break so it isn't as bad.View attachment 240469Ben Youssef made his Tunisia debut and then scored in his second match for them which boosted his confidence but I was a bit annoyed as he gets a wage rise after 5 international matches.

The Romanian transfer window shut on the 8th of September.View attachment 240468Steaua paying ridiculous fees 200k attempting to buy the league.

Then the big one Europa League Group Stages draw we watched it as a team and this is our group.View attachment 240467Could have been better could have been worse. Wolfsburg do have two players who each earn more than my total wage budget so those matches could be a challenge but, I think we could sneak second. A bit of math showed that Wolfsburgs wage budget is thirty times bigger than ours.

We also got 966k for making the group stages which should help the finances.

We had Chianja after the international break and it was a routine win Maranhao scored a nice free kick after 20 minutes. Gradin scored a nice header after 72 minutes before Enache scored a rebound of another quality Maranhao free kick. A comfortable 3-0 win.View attachment 240466However, I got awful news from the physio after the match William possibly the best player so far would miss 2-3 weeks with a damaged elbow. He would miss the Europa League match against Ludogorets.View attachment 240465As a result of that news I may have said some slightly rude things and now have my first managerial rival.View attachment 240464View attachment 240463We drew Rapid Bucharest in the cup so will play them next Wednesday.

Ludogorets a one hour drive for our first group game. Due to a lack of AMC's I had to pay a 4-4-2.

Marclinho was played in on goal for Ludogorets but Lung produced an amazing save to tip the strike over the bar and keep the score even.

Rus sent a throw in to Reginaldo just inside Ludogrets box he squared it to Fatai who's shot was saved but Fatai hit the rebound in to give us the lead.

After 25 minutes Junior Caicara got the ball on the edge of the box and sent a pile driver that flew past Lung to equalize. 1-1. It stayed that way until half time.

After 54 minutes Misidjan fired a shot from a decent position just wide.

On eighty minutes Ludogorets countered after a corner and Marcelinho fired over when he should have done better.

A Junior Caicara shot went just past the far post after another counter attack in the last chance of the game. It was a game I wanted to win but given the chances I would take a draw.View attachment 240462

Europa League Table. Forgot to do the league will have it next time.
View attachment 240461

Into the groups after a great win over APOEL!! Bow down to Alibec.

Going strong in the league, well done man.

Quite a few injuries popping up recently though! :/

Into the groups after a great win over APOEL!! Bow down to Alibec.

Going strong in the league, well done man.

Quite a few injuries popping up recently though! :/

Alibec is keeping Fatai out the team so pleased with group stages. Also realised if I won every league game (unlikely) I could get 100 points.

Injuries have been annoying especially as they only seem to hit my best players

After our trip to Razgrad we were hosting the University of Cluj in the league. Which should be an easy win.

After around twenty minutes Maranhao took a corner that was cleared back to him. He crossed it again and Seto poked it past the keeper from close range. 1-0 Astra.

After twenty five minutes we had another corner and Muntenau flicked the ball through a group of players and in. 2-0 up at halftime I took of Alibec for Fatai.

After 54 minutes Maranhao hit a deep free kick into the box Ben Youssef got up the highest and hit a great header that bounced once on its way in. 3-0 Astra.

After 67 minutes they pulled a goal back after their striker volleyed a cross in. 3-1

Ionita took a nice shot from distance that was knocked wide for a corner.

After 75 minutes we had another corner they won the first header Yahaya got it and played it to Chico (making his debut) who played it up to Seto he played it to Reginaldo who flicked the ball around a defender playing Maranhao in and he smashed it past the keeper. 4-1 and thats how it finished. Maranhao had three assits and a goal not bad for a right back.View attachment 240347

We then had Rapid Bucharest, who's good start had tailed off, in the Romanian Cup.

It was an awful game when they showed it on TV it had one highlight.

Pinto took the throw in Chitu flicked it on the box Reginaldo flicked it on as well then Alibec flicked a header past the keeper. 1-0 the only thing of any interest in the match.

View attachment 240340We drew Gaz Metan in the next round.
View attachment 240339Also in the face of intrest from Brazil I offered a contract to William and he accepted an offer that includes doesn't have a release clause.

100 point might not be too far away now, especially after you've racked up another couple wins on the trot!

Alibec on the score sheet again! Good lad.

100 point might not be too far away now, especially after you've racked up another couple wins on the trot!

Alibec on the score sheet again! Good lad.

Yeah might get 100. Also with Alibec I just saw that I didn't show that he signed a new deal a while ago as his current one was ending this year now he is mine until 2019

I was a legend back in 2002 with the world at my feet according to championship manager and the press unfortunately it didn't work out and I spent the next few years touring the second divisions of Europe. I also got 4 caps from the Gambia so it was a good career just not as good as everyone though that I would have. A knee injury forced me to retire at 29 after a spell in the Norwegian second division. I decided that it was time to turn my hand to management hopefully my fame from championship manager will help as well. Hopefully I can hit the heights in my management career that I never managed to in my playing career. I had earned coaching badges over my career and I had a continental B license. I applied for every job I could and had twenty one responses asking me to attend job interviews. A few I turned down due to their quality compared to those who accepted me. The interviews must have gone well as I was offered quite a few jobs AFC Astra and FC Viitorul from Romania, Kilmarnock in Scotland, SV Grodig in Austria, a couple SA premier division sides, RMP from Belgium and Chonquing from China all offered me jobs and after delaying for two weeks to try and decide which to go with I made my decision. View attachment 915730
Good luck to the CM legend.
o.png

We warmed up for the Wolfsburg match against Otelul. We went down one nil but Fatai equalized soon after. Reginaldo scored a great goal in the second half. Alibec was subbed on and scored a brace to finish the match off. A nice 4-1 win for us.View attachment 240314We are still in top spot still have a chance of hitting the 100 point mark.
View attachment 240312
We had a hard game against Wolfsburg I would take a point if offered it but feel that we may lose by a few. Here are the lineups. View attachment 240311
We kick off the match as the roof explodes in the National Stadium.

4 minutes: We launched an attack down the left wing that Wolfsburg stop and counter quickly. We put in some good tackles but the ball kept on falling to Wolfsburg players De Bruyne got played in and Lung tipped his shot onto the post it bounced twice on the line before going over. 0-1 Wolfsburg.

5 minutes: An attack after kick off was stopped and Wolfsburg again countered De Bruyne went down the wing Rus stole the ball but woefully under hit a back pass to lung Dost got to the ball and shot Lung palmed it De Bruyne had a shot that lung again saved but that rebound fell to Bas Dost and he scored this time. 2-0 Wolsburg this could be a long 85 minutes.

15 minutes: Wolfsburg attack and we made some great tackles but the ball kept on rolling to a Wolfsburg player. Ben Youssef slid in to win the ball from Dost but it went to Guilavogui who played Dost in with Youssef on the ground. Dost squared it to De Bruyne but Lung made a great save but the rebound fell to Dost who made no mistake. 3-0 Wolsburg the stadium was silent and for the first time since I had been in charge of Astra I had a real go at the players from the sideline in the hopes it would shock them into playing better.

16 minutes: We intercept a Wolfsburg throw in in our half and press forward William plays in Reginaldo who's shot was saved but he was offside. The attack does give the fans something to cheer for the first time.

18 minutes: we have a throw in by Wolfsburg box on the right. Rus plays a one two with Seto. But Benaglio plucks the cross out of the air. He played it short to Knoche and his long ball is intercepted by Seto who heads it to Yahaya
he plays it up to William who plays it into Reginaldo who is inon goal at a tight angle he takes a touch before firing a shot in at the near post. 3-1 game back on.

22 minutes: Wolsburg passing it around the back a pass intercepted by William but he loses it to De Bruyne who played Dost in with a great long ball but he hit it just wide to keep us in the game.

28 minutes: Yahya makes a great tackle plays it up to Enache who knocks it up to Alibec but he lost out and the ball fell to William who played a great ball out to Rus he hit a great ball in and Alibec got up highest and hit a great header that came back off the bar and was cleared by Wolsburg.

32 minutes: Pinto has a free kick in Wolfsburg half and lobbed it into the box Alibecs header was blocked but fell to Reginaldo who volleyed into the back of the net. 3-2 game definitely back on.

40 minutes: Wolfsburg counter De Bruyne in on goal Lung pulls off a great save.

Half time. 3-2 what a game can't believe we got back in it. I went 4-4-2 to try and grab the last goal Fatai on for Enache and William moves to the left wing.

48 minutes: Fatai plays the ball up to Alibec in the box Rodriguez appears to trip Alibec all eyes go to the referee he blows his whistle and points to the spot the stadium erupts as Seto steps up to take the penalty that could see us come back from three goals down...

Last edited:
Seto scored the penalty to equalize but we awoke a sleeping tiger. Wolfsburg scored two in the next five minutes to take back control they added another from a set piece before Fatai pulled one back for us late on. It was my first loss as manager of Astra but I wasn't to disappointed as Wolfsburg are a better team than us and we did well I told the players as much and they agreed. Alibec had a small knock but as the international break is soon he will not miss a match.View attachment 240229View attachment 240228I also forgot to say that I won manager of the month for September and Maranhao won player of the month. His form has attracted bids from Brazil of about a million pounds if he fills all the clauses but I have rejected them and he is fine but he does want more first team football in the league that I will give him.
View attachment 240226Also William did sign his new deal so will be hear for three more years unless I get a good bid for him but, he has interest from a few clubs.

During the international break Gabriel Enache made his debut for Romania.

I also found this funny my scout recommended that I stop scouting the Premier League due to the lack of Quality. Which is obvious William>Hazard Alibec>Harry KaneView attachment 240225I'm going to focus on games in Europe until we get knocked out but we continued our pursuit of 100 points with a good win over CSMS Iasi. Reginaldo scored in the first half as did Fatai who then picked up a slight kncok so Alibec came on and grabbed another goal. Fatai's knock was nothing serious and he will be fine. We stay top of the tableView attachment 240224On a less positive note here is the Europa League table. We have to take advantage of Ludogorets playing Wolfsburg and puck up at least four points against Salzburg if we want to qualify.View attachment 240223

Still unbeaten in the league..on point for 100! Man I want to hit 100 with Sporting now haha.

Still unbeaten in the league..on point for 100! Man I want to hit 100 with Sporting now haha.
The race is on. Next season the league structure changes to a Scottish/Belgian system with a championship group which will make it much harder so if I don't get is this season it could be a while.

I am at the disadvantage of having no points I can drop because of that Steaua match. 89 points is the league record so that is the main target along with beating Steaua's ridiculous 104 games without losing record

Red Bull Salzburg host Astra in a game that both need to win the match if they want to get through and here are the line ups.View attachment 240203Astra get the game underway in Salzburg.

2 minutes Maranhao had a throw by the by line in Salzburg half did a one two and put in a cross that went straight to the goalie. He fumbles the simple save Yahaya gets to the loose ball first and stabs it home 1-0 Astra.

23 minutes Rus take a throw in just in Salzburg's half Reginaldo is dispossessed and the ball gets to Djurdin who plays in Soriano but Maranhao gets back and makes a beautiful tackle to knock the ball out fr a corner it was a pen and a red card if he got it wrong.

40 minutes Maranhao with a throw deep in Salzburgs half gets it back and gives it to Seto who knocks it back to Gaman he hits a long ball that their centre back misjudges letting Yahaya in on goal he pokes it past the goalie to get his second goal. 2-0 Astra

At half time I put Fatai on for Alibec who was tired also Wolsburg were being held by Ludogorets annoyingly.

50 minutes Lung makes a great save after Soriano played Djurin on goal but he was offside.

64 minutes Lung made a good save after a long throw. From his punt William got the ball and Felipe Pires who was on a booking slid in and didn't get the ball so was sent off.

68 minutes Gaman makes a great tackle t get the ball back gives it to Rus who played a great ball up to William and he gave it to Fatai he knocked it wide to play in Enache but his shot was saved and his rebound went into the side netting from a tight angle.

73 minutes Fatai played in Yahaya chance for a hat trick but he blasts his shot onto the bar and the rebound was cleared.

75 Rus throws the ball into Reginaldo Leitgeb tripped him and is already on a booking and is sent off Red Bull down to nine men.

That's it a good win but unfortunately Wolfsburg could only draw Ludogorets. But, for us a good away game and Yahaya playing very well which could increase interest in him.View attachment 240195
I also saw this in the newspaperView attachment 240194We also signed Marco Ramkilde on a free transfer and then this happened the same dayView attachment 240193Our injury bug striking players who aren't at the club now.

Also saw this, Barcelona and Sporting drawn in the same champions league group and Sporting beat themView attachment 240192Finally here is our groups table thrid but if we win we will over take one of them so we still have a good chance of qualifying with Ludogorets at home as well as Red BullView attachment 240191

We hosted Pandurii who were undefeated so far and would pose a threat to the 100 point goal.

After 16 minutes we had a free kick that Maranhao played it in and their defender tried to take the ball down and play it out Alibec won the ball back played it to William his shot was saved but Enache tapped the rebound into an empty net. 1-0 Astra

Eric got in on goal after kick off but hit his shot right at Lung. It was a let off. Alibec scored a goal but, he was a mile offside.

Alibec flicked a great header but it the post and bounced clear. A chance missed. Shalaj fired a shot past Lung to equalize against us just before half time. It was the last chance of the half. I pulled off Reginaldo for Fatai and moved to a 4-4-2

Yahaya played in Alibec and he slammed a shot into the top corner 2-1 Astra just after half time. After 65 minutes Eric hit a 30 yard free kick into the top corner. 2-2. A few minutes later Maranhao allegedly pulled their winger down in the box when he tried to get on the end of a cross. Eric stepped up and scored we were 3-2 down with 18 minutes left this could be the end of the 100 point dream.

Rus hit a throw in to William he back heeled the ball to play Fatai in on goal at a tight angle his shot was heading into the top corner until a centre back knocked it into the goal. An 83rd minute equalizer. But we would still be short of 100 points.

Their striker was played in on goal a minute or two later Lung made the save. The ball was cleared to Enache he played it up to Alibec down the wing he beat a man and hit a great ball into Fatai he slammed the cross into the back of the net 4-3 we still had a chance at 100 points.

A great comeback win for us.View attachment 240165
We then hosted Gaz Metan in the Romanian Cup Alibec scored the solitary goal in the second half. He volleyed a Pinto cross that was saved and then scored the rebound. We were into the next round of the cup.View attachment 240164
We then faced fifth place Petrolul braces from William and Gabriel Enache were more than enough for us to get the win. Another win closer to the leagueView attachment 240163
We are five points clear at the top of the league and a game in hand strong favourites for the league.
View attachment 240161 Next up we face Red Bull at home for the Europa League in another must win game.