Also when I started this I was planning on doing a journeyman save but I am really enjoying managing Astra and wouldn't mind trying to make them as good as they can be and staying there for the duration of the story any one have an opinion?

We played last place CSMS Iasi at home in a match we had to win. Alibec gave us the lead with a nice finish from inside the box after seventeen minutes. Eight minutes later one of their players got a straight red card with a wild lunge on William. Yahaya volleyed in a second goal just after half time and was sent off just before the end of the game as we held on to a two nil lead.
View attachment 239132

Lille carry a two goal lead into the tie but Budescu's late free kick means that Astra have a chance. The winner of this tie will face Juventus. The other Semi Final is Lyon against Tottenham.

1 minute Origi is in on goal but his shot hits Lung's outstretched foot and Ben Youssef gets back to clear.

5 minutes Fatai receives the ball up the pitch he pulls the centre back out of position Budescu fills the spot and receives the ball from Fatai and slots a finish past Enyeama. Astra are 2-3 down on aggregate.

30 minutes Origi breezes past two centre backs and the goalkeeper to tap a ball into an empty net. Lille 4-2 up on aggregate

38 minutes Pinto crosses the ball Budescu knocks it down Fatai applies the finish from 8 yards out. Astra are 3-4 down on aggregate.

41 minutes Budescu plays in William but he hits his shot straight at the keeper what a chance that was.

Half Time Budescu is pulled off for Alibec as Astra go 4-4-2

46 minutes Lille have a corner they scored two in the last match Roux win the header but Lung easily makes the save. From Lung's kick William gets the ball and feeds it to Pinto on the overlap he crosses it in Alibec wins the header and Flicks it over Enyeama and in at the far post. Astra equalize 4-4 on aggregate as it stands we will be going to extra time. Alibec makes an instant impact.

Lille change from a 4-5-1 to a 4-1-2-2-1 wide

77 minutes Mendes de Graca gets a chance after a free kick bounces around but Lung tips his effort behind for a corner. A Lille goal now will surely see them through as Astra would have to score twice.

85 minutes Lille have a corner Astra clear and Fatai knocks the ball up to Alibec as Astra counter he ***** it up to Yahaya on the edge of the box with room he squares it to Fatai Enteama is right by his post Fatai must score... HE DOES!!! Enyeama got a glove to it but, couldn't keep it out Astra lead 5-4 on Aggregate the National Stadium erupts Astra have to hold on now.

86 minutes Fatai and William come off as two defenders come on as Astra try and hold onto their lead.

89 Three minutes of added time for Astra to hold on. Astra have a free kick wide the box is deserted only three Astra players in it. Reginaldo heads it in but, is called back for offside it is correct. Still 5-4

92 minutes Laban is tripped by Mavuba. Astra will take their time over the free kick.

It's all over the Lille players look distraught as the Astra players and fans celebrate a match up with Juventus in the Europa League Semi Finals the fairy tale run continues for Astra.
View attachment 239131View attachment 239130View attachment 239129
We travel to second place Pandurii before hosting Juventus for the first leg of the Europa League Semi Final!!

EDIT: I've just noticed that after juventus on Thursday I have games Friday Saturday and Monday before the next game against Juventus on Thursday is there any way I can delay the matches because it could sink my title bid and slim Europa League hopes

Last edited:
Having fully checked my schedule we face ten games in twenty one days View attachment 239125I may be playing a lot of youth players and just pray that no one gets injured I don't have a big league lead 3 points with two games in hand all of our cups runs Europa League, Romanian Cup and Romanian League Cup have pushed back some league games but I have never seen a run in like this one.

We faced Pandurii in a big match first versus second and we had to win to keep up our title hunt.

After nineteen minutes Baffoe shot from a decent position but hit the goalkeeper in the chest.

On twenty seven minutes Pandurii's star player Eric was forced off with an injury a big blow to them.

Just before half time after forty four minutes Fatai volleyed home a Rus cross to give us the lead just before half time.

Alibec played in Budescu in the ninety first minute and he scored to wrap up the points in a big win for us 2-0 over Pandurii.

View attachment 239109Then the biggest match in Astra's history a Europa League semi final first leg against Juventus here are the line ups. View attachment 239108Cherno Samba takes a risk and sticks with an attacking 4-2-3-1 against Juventus who have a 4-3-1-2. Fatai starts up top as Samba will hope that his pace allows him to get behind the defence which seems otherwise impregnable to them.

3 minutes Vidal wins the ball and launches a counter attack Tevez plays a ball up to Pereya and he squares it to Llorente who scores Juventus lead 1-0 and have the away goal.

9 minutes A wide free kick in a promising area for Astra Juventus clear and Tevez is one on one with a defender and beats him he is in on goal but being chased down he passes it to Pirlo but he blazes it over from 18 yards.

13 minutes Astra have a throw in in Juventus' half. William receives it but is instantly tackled and the ball falls to Pinto he hits a cross in its a poor one but it goes over Buffon's head clips the post and goes in Astra level with Pinto's first goal for the team a massive slice of luck leves the game at 1-1.

15 minutes Tevez scores from a cross but the goal is chalked off correctly for offside.

24 minutes Chiellini takes a long throw Astra clear the ball but, Juventus come back at them Tevez is i on goal at a tight angle but Lung was well positioned and makes the save.

32 minutes another long throw Astra clear three times but Juventus keep coming back Pereyra takes a shot that rolls wide Juventus are attacking time after time but they can't grab a second goal so far.

36 minutes Juventus have a free kick just in Astra's half. They take it short and Ben Youssef heads a pass away after a spell of Juventus possession. But Juventus pick the ball up and press forward again. Pereyra is tackled and Yahaya clears but again Juventus win the ball and press forward. Evra passes to Tevez on the edge of the box. He gives Pereyra the ball in the box but Lung makes another great save to keep the score even.

But, Juventus win the ball and push forward yet again Pinto smacks a ball clear out for a throw in. Juventus are piling on the pressure.

45 minutes Buffon takes a free kick just outside the box they play it up the Pereyra who plays in Tevez but he knocks it wide a big chance on the cusp of half time.

Half time it is still one all despite Juventus having had six clear cut chances Lung has been in inspired form. Alibec goes on for Fatai to provide a more physical forward to challenge Juventus.

54 minutes Juventus building a move up passing forward from the back. Gaman tackles Llorente but his clearance goes to Evra and starts another move up. Llorente gets the ball in the box and gives it to Tevez he has a shot that Rus is able to get back and smash away from the goal. From the corner Astra are forced to block two shots before they clear.

Yahaya tackles Asamoah and starts a counter attack. But it is stopped quickly.

63 minutes Astra have a free kick out wide even to the 18 yard line. Budescu crosses it in and Gaman gets up highest and flicks a header into the top corner. Astra lead somehow 2-1. Budescu is pulled off for Laban as Astra becomes for defensive.

75 minutes Astra still lead despite all the chances Juventus have had, Astra have to hold on for fifteen more minutes.

80 minutes Reginaldo replaces Gabriel Enache.

Full time Astra have somehow won this match Juventus will be kicking themselves for not winning this but Astra do not care. They will take a one goal lead to Turin.View attachment 239080

I made nine changes to the team with only Lung the goal keeper and Fatai who was subbed off at half time staying in the first eleven. A makeshift back up team with low expectations from me.

10 minutes Petrolul score from a corner 1-0 down

23 minutes a Chitu cross hots the bar as we almost grab are second luck goal in two games

41 minutes Reginaldo volleys home a Chitu cross to equalize for Astra

Half time Alibec replaces Fatai

51 minutes Reginaldo volleys home a Maranhao cross after his corner was cleared. We had two shots on target and two goals.

88 minutes Baffoe gives away a penalty and its scored 2-2

Full time a point more than I expected but the lateness of the goal is disappointing Reginaldo's goals were are only shots on target and we only had one other shot.
View attachment 239077We lead Pandurii by seven points with a game in hand and Steaua who we play tomorrow by nine points.

Three points against Steaua and we have one hand on the title.

For the Steaua match I play the team that started against Juventus who have had a day off to Recover we have played so many games that Lung is at ninety percent fitness before the game as a GK

9 minutes we win a penalty Budescu sams it into the top corner 1-0 Astra

15 minutes Budescu hits a free kick on the edge of the box into the top corner 2-0 Astra

25 minutes William hits in a great cross Enache manages to hit the bar from 2 yards out in a mad scramble as the ball is on the line it crosses 3-0 Astra Guilherme who gave away the penalty is credited with the goal

31 minutes possible disaster William picks up a knock Reginaldo replaces him we cannot afford to be without him now.

41 minutes Steau have a shot after 11 from us they have been dominated

42 minutes Enache leaves his man grasping at air and hits in a great cross Alibec slams a header in at the near post 4-0 Astra

48 minutes this is getting embarrassing as Budescu gets on the end of a Rus cross and slams it past the keeper for his hat trick. 5-0 Astra

61 minutes Iancu heads in a cross as Steaua pull one back 5-1

70 minutes Enache breezes past Steaua defenders to get into the box before setting up Alibec to score from six yards out 6-1 Astra

78 minutes After putting together a spell of passes in Steaua's box Alibec scores to grab his hat trick. I then pull him off for the back up goalie to replace him up front 7-1

Full time Steaua humiliated by two hat tricks and an own goal in three games against Astra they have drawn one 0-0 lost one 4-0 and now 7-1 getting hammered.
View attachment 239076
If Pandurii don't win then we win the league. They won four two.

A win against Rapid Bucharest on Monday after the luxury of a day off will win us the title.

We had a chance to win the title against Rapid Bucharest so I felt that I had to play the best team that I could and try and win the title.

After four minutes Reginaldo whipped in a cross William and a defender went up for it neither won the ball and it fell to Laban who placed his shot into the corner and it went in. 1-0 Astra.

After 18 minutes Bafoe beat a man in the box but waited to long to shoot and was almost on the goalkeeper when he did giving the keeper a simple save.

21 minutes in Reginaldo intercepted a throw in deep in Rapid's half and passed to Seto he passed to Baffoe who chipped a beautiful ball up to Reginaldo and he volleyed just inside the near post. 2-0 Astra

30 minutes Fatai is tripped in the box trying to get onto a Reginaldo cross. Seto stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way 3-0 and surely the title is ours now.

54 minutes Rapid have a player sent off for a second booking. Astra are keeping the ball and trying to stay as fresh as possible.

Full Time Astra have won the League with a good win over Rapid Cherno Samba leads Astra to their first Liga 1 in his first season in charge. View attachment 238991Reginaldo was in inspired form it also means that we are in the champions league so Alibec and William are happy to stay and Alibec has been offered a new deal with no release clause.View attachment 238990
Also got next season's budgets 2 million pounds for transfers View attachment 238989I've made it into the Romanian Hall of Fame as well as a result of our title win showing that it has low requirements to get in.
View attachment 238988I was offered a new deal and accepted a two year extension for 300 pounds a week extra and an extra eight thousand a week in wage budget. I happily accepted.View attachment 238987

Coming in to the second leg of this Europa League semi final Astra lead 2-1 after Juventus scored early and were unable to score after despite great chances. Astra got lucky with a Pinto cross sneaking in before Laban scored a header. The other semi final is 0-0 after the first leg in Lyon, Tottenham host the second leg.

Juventus still have injury trouble with some of their key players Pogba, Marchisio, Lichstiener, and Dede will miss the second leg as well. Pinto misses out for Astra in their only injury worry.

25 minutes No great chances Juventus have had eight shots but only two on target as they struggle to break down the two banks of four Astra are holding.

30 minutes Tevez volley a Romulo cross in Juventus lead but wait flag is up for offside. It is very very close but I think he was just a hair offside. Astra still lead 2-1.

35 minutes Budescu with a free kick out wide. It's cleared and Juventus counter Llorente plays up to Asamoah who is in on goal but Ben Youssef makes a great tackle the ball falls to Pereyra who knocks the ball out to Romulo who just has the keeper to beat. Lung tips the effort wide for a corner.

36 minutes Juventus attack and Ben Youssef hits his clearence into Rus and Tevez slams the loose ball into the bottom corner. Juve lead on away goals 2-2.

41 minutes Rus with a throw in in Juventus' half Enache does well down the wing and could cross but instead tries to cut it back. Juventus intercept and push forward Oros puts in a great tackle but, the ball rolls to a Juve player. Evra gets the ball and plays in Tevez at a tight angle Lung closes the angle well and Tevez hits his shot into the side netting.

Half time Fatai comes on for the disappointing Budescu and Reginaldo replaces Enache who has been poor.

48 minutes Juve have a throw in by the corner. Its taken long, Lung comes out and plucks the ball out of the air. From his kick Alibec wins a header but, Yahaya heads the ball straight to Pirlo. He feeds the ball to Tevez in the box but he is swarmed by Astra defenders and they take the ball out. Juve come again as Vidal gives Pereyra a chance from a tight angle but Lung makes the save. The rebound goes to Pereyra and he surely must score. But, the ball hits Lung's foot and somehow goes over the cross bar still 2-2

52 minutes Juventus with a long throw in it goes straight to William and he picks out Fatai to start a counter attack. He beats a man and plays the ball out to Reginaldo on the wing who has room. But, Evra makes a tackle and his long ball finds Tevez on the run. He draws the keeper out wide then chips in a cross. He over hits it though and Maranhao hacks the ball clear. To Pirlo he plays in Pereyra who scores from close range. 2-0 Juventus 3-2 on aggregate.

60 minutes Ben Youssef goes in hard on Tevez and sends him off injured. Morata replaces him.

66 minutes another long throw from Juventus Pirlo shoots but an Astra body gets in the way. Pirlo hurts himself taking the shot and Kingsley Coman comes on to replace him.

75 minutes Astra have 15 minutes to find a goal to force extra time.

78 Coman plays in Morata and his shot is saves with the ball going out to Evra Morata has a header that cannons off the bar and Ben Youssef clears.

Full time Juventus end Astra's fairy tale run in the Europa League with a three two win on Aggregate. Astra had no shots and Juventus had thirty one.View attachment 238964Juventus will face Tottenham in the final after they beat Lyon 4-1

We hosted Viitorul in an irrelevant game for us. Fatai stooped to head in the opener after 29 minutes. They equalized with a great free kick after fifty two minutes. Eighty two minutes and their keeper took a back pass well outside his box Fatai dispossessed him ran and scored from 6 yards out to ensure he didn't become the winner of the worse miss ever award. We held on to win 2-1. View attachment 238952The awful news came after the match a late tackle in the ninety third minute had ruptured Rus' Cruciate Ligament and he would miss around ten months as he turns 31 over the summer he will likely be 32 by the time his injury has fully healed so he will only have a few more games for Astra.

On Wednesday we hosted Ceaulaul in the Romanian League Cup before the Romanian Cup final which both teams would rather win. It showed as both teams seemed for intent on injuring opposition players than scoring.

After nineteen minutes we took the lead Alibec volleying in a William cross.

Baffoe had a close range shot well saved after 28 minutes.

William doubled our lead after 35 minutes as he slammed home a loose ball in the box.

After 38 Yahaya saw straight red for an awful tackle. The number were evened when their right back was sent off for two yellow cards in the 75th minute. Both players will be banned for the final.

We held on to win 2-0. Another trophy for Astra our first Romanian League Cup.

View attachment 238951View attachment 238950Enache and Seto picked up knocks in the match and Enache will miss the Romanian Cup final with a twisted knee.

I was annoyed about that until I saw the damage we caused to them Yahaya broke the leg of their central midfielder with his horror tackle. Their star striker Salpingas had a twisted ankle and would miss 6-7 weeks and finally another central midfielder tore his ankle ligaments and will miss two months.

We faced Ceaulaul in the Romanian Cup final and I hoped for a similar result to Wednesday but, knew that Ceaulaul would want revenge.

4 minutes Fatai gets the ball on the counter beats a man gets into the box beats another man and gets his shot tipped over the bar close for Astra.

6 minutes William crosses a ball in Reginaldo he sends a volley towards goal. It hits Fatai in the stomach before he recovers to poke the ball past the keeper. 1-0 Astra

10 minutes Pinto sends in a cross Budescu heads it down to William and he hits a half volley past the keeper 2-0 is it game over all ready?

From kickoff Ceaulaul get a player in on goal but Lung makes the big save to preserve the 2-0 lead.

44 minutes corner for Ceaulaul the ball goes in and their is a mass scramble and Ceaulaul have a penalty. It is well taker right into the corner 2-1.

Half time 2-1 with the late penalty

65 minutes Oros plays a ball up to Reginaldo he turns his man and passes the ball into the back of the net 3-1 Astra they look likely to record a treble.

73 minutes Astra score from another second cross from a corner Pinto's cross is headed into the top corner. 4-1 Astra will surely have won the Romanian Cup now.

Full time Astra do record a treble with another final win over Ceaulaul.View attachment 238883View attachment 238882Alibec was the leading goal scorer in the Romanian Cup while Baffoe had the most assists.View attachment 238881Also Juventus won the Europa League final with a 5-4 penalty win after a 1-1 draw

We won our last two league games but I won't go over them in detail as they are irrelevant. We beat CFR Cluj 5-2 and Ceaulaul 3-2.

Here is the final table the big surprise is 2011/2012 champions CFR Cluj are relegated. Astra are champions and their manager Cherno Samba won manager of the year. View attachment 238869
Due to all of the cup runs but mainly the Europa League we have made a large profit this yearView attachment 238864Now for the top five players of the Season honurable mentions go to:

Sediu Yahaya, Junior Maranhao, Kehinde Fatai, Gabriel Enache and Laurentia Rus

5th place Silvu Lung jr. The goalkeeper was solid all season and only didn't play one cup match as he was on International duty a key part of our Europa League run.View attachment 2388574th place goes to Takayuki Seto a central midfielder who started 55 matches and scored six goals four of them penalties. However, more importantly he was a great shield in front of the defence, he broke up attacks and helped start new attacks.View attachment 2388523rd place is Syam Ben Youssef he was a rock at centre back starting 56 games and chipping in with three goals but he was great defensively an average rating of 7.28 he broke up attacks well and was unbeatable making some great last ditch tackles to save potential goals. View attachment 238842 2nd place goes to Denis Alibec despite starting the season as second string striker he took advantage of Fatai's injury to claim the starting spot as striker scoring 32 goals in 40 starts. He finished crosses and ensured that Fatai was never missed when he was injured. View attachment 238836And the player of the season for Astra 2014/15 is William he started 53 games and scored 20 goals with 24 assists despite having to play out of position to cover Budescu he had a great year scoring some key goals and helping Alibec score so many goals. He was unplayable at times for other teams and the interest in him is understandable. View attachment 238834

Also when I started this I was planning on doing a journeyman save but I am really enjoying managing Astra and wouldn't mind trying to make them as good as they can be and staying there for the duration of the story any one have an opinion?

I'd say stay with them if you are enjoying it and have the motivation to make them better. If you get bored and lose interest then you can move on. Either way I am enjoying the read.

Full time Juventus end Astra's fairy tale run in the Europa League with a three two win on Aggregate.

Nooo. Unlucky man...sometimes this game just loves to kick you in the teeth! Fantastic win in the first legg though :)

Another trophy for Astra our first Romanian League Cup.

Well done on another piece of silverware Treble is secured. :D

Alibec was the leading goal scorer in the Romanian Cup while Baffoe had the most assists.

Alibec!! Such a beast! haha, great guy.

Astra are coming along nicely!! Keep up the great work man.

Now onto the next season..100 points ;)

Might go back to this it really annoyed as my scouts got a ton of players potential and ability wrong which annoyed me and left me with little money. I'll have a look at jobs and if nothing good is avaliable stay at astra

Might go back to this it really annoyed as my scouts got a ton of players potential and ability wrong which annoyed me and left me with little money. I'll have a look at jobs and if nothing good is avaliable stay at astra

Dont give up man! This is too good a story to abandon.

View attachment 234656Following rumors that he will be leaving AFC Astra Cherno Samba will be holding a press conference we expect that it will be to confirm or deny the rumors that he will leave Astra for a new challenge we will bring you all the latest as it comes from the conference. It would be devastating for Astra to lose their manager less than a week before the Romanian Super Cup. As far as the Gazeta can tell their are few jobs available that would be at the same level of Astra and they have Champions League football.

View attachment 234648BREAKING NEWS Cherno Samba resigns from Astra.

AFC Astra manager Cherno Samba who memorably led them to the Europa League final and won a treble has resigned after leading the greatest year in Astra's history.

He said that he would be sad to leave the club but, he felt that to many of the players wanted to leave and they lacked the dedication and selflessness that had been key to their success last year as they all wanted to leave for big contracts. Samba said that he would remain an Astra fan but, he felt that despite having been their a short time he had achieved all he could.

Samba has been linked quickly with vacant posts at Torino, Arsenal, Internacional, Watford, Botofogo and Newell's Old Boys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the teams seem to have a level of interest however, I don't know if any will offer a job. I was wondering if anyone has any preferences

Any preferences out of these let me know.

Arsenal finished 5th last season offering 68 million for transfer budget and 250k a week spare expected to make it into the champions league. I feel that this is a bit unrealistic so unlikely.

Bototfogo expected to finish above midtable they are in 17th but within three points of midtable so can be done. I would have 2.1 million for transfers and very little wage budget. Interested but would prefer

Internacional expected to qualify for the Copa Libertadores doable. Have 2.6 million for transfers and 15k a week spare in wages.

Newell's expected to challenge for the title which they are doing 6 million for transfers and bery little wage budget.

Torino finish in the top half 14.75 million for transfers 50k a week spare might have been taken over as they have already spent about 14 million in transfers and brought in little by selling. Still have Darmian haven't lost any other good players as far as I can tell.

Would be interested try an over throw Juve in the long run only thing is my form in Serie A is patchy at best but, with financial backing could try and build them up

Last edited:
I think Torino would be interesting or if not International
Will most likely be one of those two not a fan of all the rules in Argentina feel Arsenal is unrealistic and why go with Botafogo if Internacional are doing better

View attachment 234432Torino Confirm Samba as Manager.

Cherno Samba who lead Astra to a Europa League semi final today joined the rivals of the teams that knocked him out. He signed a three year deal worth 18 thousand pounds a week and his first competitive game will be against Calgari.

Torino have already spent big this summer bringing in Marco Benassi from Inter, Marko Marin from Chelsea, Shinji Okazaki from Mainz Dor Micha from Maccabi Tel Aviv and Alberto Paloschi from Chievo for a total of 14 million pounds while only offloading 1.2 million pounds worth.

Report say that Samba will have another 15 million to spend leading to some speculating that owner Urbano Cairo has won the lottery. The proposed transfer of want away centre back Maksimovic who wants to join Roma were cancelled due to Samba joining.