Christopher Samba - A menace in front of goal!

Reaction score
Everyone knows who he is, but when I bought him for my Newcastle side last season, I thought I was just getting a solid, reliable big man who could get in the way and lump the ball forward when under pressure.

Little did I know that he'd turn out to be my third highest goalscorer with a monumental 23 goals in 49 apps. Since then, he's been getting widespread acclaim, and interest from clubs like Chelsea and Inter is high - although there's no way he's up for sale, as he's now formed a great partnership with Shawcross at the heart of the defence.

I'm just wondering, has anybody else got anything like this from the big man?

What's your corner tactic? Set to "Far Post", with Samba on "Stand on Far Post", by any chance?

~Woah, that's a lot. Aaron Mokoena's at 7 at January at centre half for me... ;)

Corner Cheat by the looks of it, good player though

As far as I'm aware, there is no 'corner cheat' for FM2011. I'm using Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3, so whatever tactics are used for corners, all credit goes to him.

Thats alot, i can never get my cbs to score too often, i think my highest wasa prob 10

did he scored a hat trick he out shot my strikers in the premier league i feel embrassed
must sign him though

did he scored a hat trick he out shot my strikers in the premier league i feel embrassed
must sign him though

Aye, he bagged a hat-trick of headers against Bolton two seasons back, when I'd just signed him. Doesn't score many with his feet in fairness, but when he's got a goal/game ratio of 1:2, I can have absolutely no complaints. He's scored many vital goals for me late in games - any time we get a late corner, I can rely on big Chris Samba to hit the back of the net!

quality. almost as good as webster in my first season, though a better league for sure :L

just bought samba for 12 mill scored 2 on his debut both from free kicks into the back post

although we all know samba is great in the air, i think it's kinda unrealistic that he scores as much as strikers and it feels like cheating to use the corner tactic to far post which inevitably goes in so often with great aerial players. so i don't use this corner tactic.

although we all know samba is great in the air, i think it's kinda unrealistic that he scores as much as strikers and it feels like cheating to use the corner tactic to far post which inevitably goes in so often with great aerial players. so i don't use this corner tactic.

it's common sense, though. good management comes with good common sense in reality, don't it?

There is no 'corner cheat' on FM2011. If you don't feel comfortable with sending your corners to the far post where there's a 6'4 central defender lurking, ready to get his head on it, then thats your call - but it really isn't cheating. As has already been said, its just common sense. Its like getting your best free-kick taker to take all of your free-kicks - you have a much better chance of a goal when he's in charge.

I signed Samba for newcastle as well, 4.5m from Chelsea, he hasnt scored many for me, but my corner tactic isnt the far post one. I used to use it and Taylor and coloccini were scoring hat tricks

my CB got 27 goals in the EPL and was second top scorer behind tevez (dam you tevez). and i didnt cheat, ive stopped my corner tactic now because i got a ridiculous amount of goals. so un-realistic, when has a CB EVER got 27 goals in one season.

It does sound horribly unrealistic, but a couple season ago here in Argentina (I think it was Apertura 2009, not sure, though) Juan Manuel Insaurralde scored, if I'm not mistaken, 7 goals in 16 games or so. Dead balls are an integral part of the game (Both football and football manager :p), and trying to get the most out of them is only natural. I had a great scoring run with Kevin Malaga on Ligue 1 (I think it was something like 12 in 30 apps or so), and he may have saved my *** from relegation back then, although I'm pretty sure he missed 5 or 6 times as many headers.

I hate to do this, but does anyone know what skin that is?

It always happen in my save that one or two cbs create more than 10 goals in one season. I have konscielny and roderick miranda in fm 2011, in fm2010 i got dunne. I change tactics from ghost and jp woody and the result is the same.