City must develop youth - Cantona

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 4K
Fabio and Rafael were picked from Brazilian clubs. But credit for developing them. Evans is ***** IMO. Gibson is garbage. Welbeck wont be a starter, squad player at best. Probably same with Cleverley. Ryan Giggs...(taken from MANCHESTER CITY'S academy).

Gary Neville..fair enough. Same with Scholes. Wes Brown and John O'Shea...good squad players. See....United have produced a few top players, but the players who play regulary are big money signings.

The best way to get into a top team is to go out on loan and play regulary in a top league. And do well...you can't expect a team like City to give every decent player from the academy many chances in the league.

Lol... Welbeck wont be a starter XD

Giggs was not taken from ManCity academy.. He just trained with them and never signed contract there..
Brown, O'shea are all part of out best years and check how many games they played..

Evans is ****.. What does that make your Kolollll Toure and Lescott..

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

so surely on that basis rooney came through our academy? lol

Even Ronaldo..

Balotelli is a youngster and one of the best in the world, but i do see your point. You said we were ignoring youth completely and to be honest balotelli is youth. Weiss is a superb winger and will get better if we send him out on loan, hopefully to the SPL again because he is a class apart up there. Guidetti is very young and a loan move will do him good, especially to forest because steve mcclaren knows what he is doing. We also have a young spaniard called Juan Angel Roman who looks immense from what ive seen of him, hes like a mini david silva. Loaning out youth is a good idea, utd did it last season with Welbeck, Cleverley and Macheda.

I never said you were ignoring it completely, i said you were seemingly ignoring it, which is a far cry from what you used to, and i think its a bit of a shame with an academy that good

Guys we're not going to who's youth is better, so drop it

I never said balotelli was academy, i said he was youth. And your point does stand Mark i do consider rooney a youth signing. He was what 18? You could have ignored him a bit (doubt you would for that fee). But you brought him up and made him one of the best strikers around, fair play for doing that.

And Sunil, this is why i dont ever debate with you and if you join it i just leave, you always bring other players/clubs into it, what the **** does kolo toure have to do with any of this? i smell a troll.

Lol... Welbeck wont be a starter XD

Giggs was not taken from ManCity academy.. He just trained with them and never signed contract there..
Brown, O'shea are all part of out best years and check how many games they played..

Evans is ****.. What does that make your Kolollll Toure and Lescott..

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Even Ronaldo..

I honestly don't think Welbeck will make a starter, but let's see. And I don't rate Evans at all, I don't know how you can compare him to Kolo Toure or ****, even Lescott.... yet anyway.

And Sunil, this is why i dont ever debate with you and if you join it i just leave, you always bring other players/clubs into it, what the **** does kolo toure have to do with any of this? i smell a troll.

Our academy is already very good, Jim Cassell is one of the best youth coaches around, if it wasnt for him and his expertees bringing the likes of ireland, onouha, SWP, Richards etc through then i dont think we would be where we are now, survival would have been very unlikely in those days when we were struggling.

In all honesty i find a few comments hypocritical, MisterStubbs said on the first post its sad that clubs would rather go and spend a lot of money on one player than bring youth through, sort of like Utd just did with De Gea, Young etc then, and what you have done for years with the likes of berbatov, rooney, ferdinand etc.

Wait, these are the words from Joe.. Lol..

I just pointed out **** players in your team when your club supporter called our players **** for no reason. A ploy to shut him up. You smell troll, I smell bullshit whenever he posts..

I wont be crying if you dont debate with me. Hardly worth it if you ask me..
And bold part is one reason I always try not to quote you.. I try my hardest..

I honestly don't think Welbeck will make a starter, but let's see. And I don't rate Evans at all, I don't know how you can compare him to Kolo Toure or ****, even Lescott.... yet anyway.

Where the **** did I compare him to Kolollll or Lescott.. Read, Understand and post instead of putting words into my mouth.

He said Evans is ****, I just asked him his opinion about Kololl and Lescott.. Simple as that..

Well I wont be asking anyone to rate Evans as I know half of them haven't even watched properly. Just goes by media bs whenever he has struggled..

Last edited:
He said Evans is ****, I just asked him his opinion about Kololl and Lescott.. Simple as that..

Well I wont be asking anyone to rate Evans as I know half of them haven't even watched properly. Just goes by media bs whenever he has struggled..

You really expect me to believe it's as simple as that? Lol, I could almost taste the sarcasm.

And I rate Evans by statistics and watching the matches he played for United in the Prem last year. Stop trying to put words in MY mouth and/or tell me why you rate him, or just don't say anything at all.

You really expect me to believe it's as simple as that? Lol, I could almost taste the sarcasm.

And I rate Evans by statistics and watching the matches he played for United in the Prem last year. Stop trying to put words in MY mouth and/or tell me why you rate him, or just don't say anything at all.

Well that last line was not for you, it was in general. I haven't said why I rate him or asked anyone to rate him..

Go and prepare statistics. Thank you..

both of you pipe down, take it to VMs
Well that last line was not for you, it was in general. I haven't said why I rate him or asked anyone to rate him..

Go and prepare statistics. Thank you..
-----------------------------------------------------------

Anyways. I think most of us can agree with Cantona on this. City need to focus on their youngsters otherwise they probably won't be able to compete long term with a team like Manchester United. The sheikhs aren't going to stay with the club forever and to keep a spot as one of the best clubs in England it's important to pay attention to our youngsters at one point or another.

TBH I think Cantona dont know much about City, Their plans to revamp their already very good academy is excellent. If everything goes according to plan, City will be benefiting from the new academy and there wont be any(many) clubs who can challenge when it comes to facilities.

Back