• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester City have unveiled plans for a footballing academy and training complex in the east of the city.

More...

It's good. More chances for youth players coming through, hopefully English ones at that. Less pillaging of smaller club's academies and foreign academies too. In theory. Theory and practise are a different matter however.

Its a good thing for Man City and England. Man City players get a great place to train and hopefully come up with some great players which will boast England's squad and reputation.

But just because they have a fancy new complex, doesn't mean they'll get great youths straight away. That takes time.

It's not like City have a bad academy already - in fact, theirs is one of the better ones - but hey, this can't do any harm.

I hope this happens. I will not only benefit City, but English football and the Premier League. One thing a team is proud of is if they have a top academy. Producing your own players saves millions in transfers, an makes millions too. As long as they dont start poaching talent here there and everywhere.

Really beautiful concept picture there.

Will be an incredible asset to the club if/when it goes ahead.

First set of pictures look really impressive, should be interesting to see how committed City are with bringing through youngsters in the future.

We have already saved a lot of money because we have Joe hart and Micah Richards. I hope we can get players from this academy in the future :)

Actually hope this comes off. Not just good for City, but for Manchester as a whole, and in the long term, English football.

We have already saved a lot of money because we have Joe hart and Micah Richards. I hope we can get players from this academy in the future :)

You signed Joe Hart when he was about 18-19.

great concept by city. any city youngsters i should know about. ;)

and is 17 training grounds the biggest in england, how about coleny (sp?), the one arsenal currently uses, and yeah i think spurs too are also goona have a new training center, 10 training grounds i think.

Guys this has been the plan from the start. Spend huge so we can catch up as quick as possible then plan for the future with the best youth development scheme in football. When i tried putting this out there 3 years ago people simpley weren't ready to accept it. Their hatred for all things City related blinded them to the truth of the matter.

Citys plan is to have a world class squad coupled with the best youth facilities anywhere so when the superstars of the future are deciding where to go, City will be their first choice. We have already began by signing Razak and Dennis Suarez. Suarez reminds me of a young Iniesta already.

Back