City unveil 80-acre academy plan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 4K
tbf don't hate City-couldn't really care less (except for the upcoming match of course lol). Only time they've been criticised is with surprsising match tactics, and with some players coming across as ******** the club/fans around-and the fact they have to be real careful with the upcoming FFP rules coming in to force.

Yeah it looks snazzy and all that-fair play. Be nice to some youngsters (hopefully English) getting developed at a top class facility. But like StuW said-what we DO NOT WANT is youngsters being snapped up like play things ***** nilly from other clubs just for the **** of it.

Guys this has been the plan from the start. Spend huge so we can catch up as quick as possible then plan for the future with the best youth development scheme in football. When i tried putting this out there 3 years ago people simpley weren't ready to accept it. Their hatred for all things City related blinded them to the truth of the matter.

Citys plan is to have a world class squad coupled with the best youth facilities anywhere so when the superstars of the future are deciding where to go, City will be their first choice. We have already began by signing Razak and Dennis Suarez. Suarez reminds me of a young Iniesta already.

this!!!. about the two youngsters, what do they play (positions? )

*waits for it to become Etihad training complex for a bajillion pounds sponsor*

this!!!. about the two youngsters, what do they play (positions? )

Suarez is a creative midfielder with incredible vision, technique and ball control and Razak is a Powerhouse Box to Box midfielder who reminds me a bit of yaya Toure.

You sound very much bitter.

Not really, I think it's a good thing; and sponsorship and a training complex are mutually exclusive, I can joke about one aspect without insulting the other.

:):)

To be fair Joel they are not exclusive. In this case they are very much "inclusive" as part of the planned Etihad campus. There are numerous other developments that are planned as part of this campus as well as the youth facilities ranging from a college to an Etihad airways call centre.

That is why the sponsorship deal that people ranted about (without doing a jot of research on the matter as usual) was so substantial. The Etihad Campus will be huge and if anything could generate even more revenue than first thought.

To be fair Joel they are not exclusive. In this case they are very much "inclusive" as part of the planned Etihad campus. There are numerous other developments that are planned as part of this campus as well as the youth facilities ranging from a college to an Etihad airways call centre.

That is why the sponsorship deal that people ranted about (without doing a jot of research on the matter as usual) was so substantial. The Etihad Campus will be huge and if anything could generate even more revenue than first thought.

Wrong terminology by me. ^.^

The sponsorship that was announced was for the stadium and shirt rights. That is what they said, that is what people base their figures from. Even if you take into account the overall figures for the whole campus, then their figures for the shirts and stadium are still inflated. Just because they're in an umbrella term of a campus doesn't justify inflating one area of the sponsorship, it just doesn't work like that. If you've done so much research on the matter, you'll be able to prove and explain why City are extracting a fair deal on shirts and stadium rights, when their current deal eclipses what even Madrid - the biggest influence in the market - earns from a free market decision.

They are still exclusive in terms of how they fall under the FFPR, there is every chance the deal could have holes poked through it and therefore deducted from break even. However, pouring unlimited money into a traning complex like this is entirely permitted, and actually somewhat encouraged

Obviously this will stand to city in the coming years once they actually give some of these youngsters a chance. No other fans should be bitter as it will obviously help develop raw english talent.

And im pretty sure that Investment in facilities arent included in FFP so this isnt going to affect them in a major way :)

They are still exclusive in terms of how they fall under the FFPR, there is every chance the deal could have holes poked through it and therefore deducted from break even. However, pouring unlimited money into a traning complex like this is entirely permitted, and actually somewhat encouraged

I think the training complex and the philosophy behind it is great, but everything about the sponsorship deal reeks and fails to add up. But hey, I've done no research and just hating on City for funsies.

I think the training complex and the philosophy behind it is great, but everything about the sponsorship deal reeks and fails to add up. But hey, I've done no research and just hating on City for funsies.

I just hate every other club that has money. Bastards!!

I love the idea about the training complex, it will be a fantastic boost. But the deal has more holes than swiss cheese, no matter how you look at it. Whether UEFA actually has the balls to do anything is a different kettle of fish. But then in some ways thats not City's problem, the onus is on UEFA to bare its teeth. And City know that

Last edited:
I just hate every other club that has money. Bastards!!

How did I say that at all? :/

EDIT: Think you were referring to Everton rather than satire from my post. God I'm slow today. :P

Last edited:
How did I say that at all? :/

you didn't. Was just jokey about EFC's plight and doing a bit of fake jealousy of a clubs wealth. Blonde moment dude pmsl

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Think apart from all this, is also the number of jobs this project will make which will be a major boost. So I think kudos to the club for taking that into consideration. Cause goddam people need them right now.

Ok i haven't been on this forum for months so i've not really been able to know what you guys do or indeed don't know about City in terms of Sponsorship and development etc.

First off no Joel i'm affraid you're wrong. Don't take my "lack of research" comment as a personal attack on you, it may have been in a response to one of your posts but it wasn't directly aimed at you. But ironicly enough it appears you are actualy miss informed as to the structure of the City/Etihad Sponsorship deal. You seem to believe that the deal covers only the Shirt sponsership and Stadium naming rights. This simpley isn't the case, This deal is unprecidented in sport and covers a vast area of land which will be known as the Etihad campus, Not just the shirt and Ground naming. Indeed they are the smallest parts of the deal by far. The campus will house the youth and training facilities that this thread shows but also a College, a Call Centre, a media suite and various other facilities. In short it will be worth a fortune and the income it will generate will be huge. This is why the sponsorship deal is on such a scale.

Manchester City and Etihad Airways to Expand Cooperation in Comprehensive 10-Year Partnership Deal - Manchester City FC
http://www.sportingintelligence.com...n-be-an-undervaluation-of-their-worth-220802/
Now Mike this part is for you. I remember having numerous interesting debates with you about the FFP plans before the amount of idiocy on this forum drove me away. You failed to see then as you probably still do now that they are nothing more than the plans of corrupt men trying to protect an old guard of clubs and doing so by painting a picture of nobility... Financial Fair Play, A noble ideal indeed. But one that we all well know is an impossibility. There are clubs who are already so powerful that if outside investment into "smaller" clubs is stopped as is planned, then there will be no way, indeed no hope for these clubs of ever catching up. No chance of ever competeing... United, Liverpool, Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan etc will win everything forever... Woo Hoo!

This is exactly what Uefa want.

Any way i digress. Back to the topic at hand. Citys development and peoples misunderstandings on the matter. Did it not for one moment strike you guys as a bit strange that A multi Billionaire would roll up at a broke club and invest Hundreds of millions of pounds of his own money knowing in advance that Uefa already had plans to stop such things? I mean Sheikh Mansour was well aware that the FFP rules were on the horizion when he was looking to buy a club in the premier league. So why would he go ahead and invest? he must be an idiot right??? either that or he has the best Legal and Finacial brains working for him.

You see even as far back as that crazy summer when ADUG bought Man City The FFP document was already written up and was readily available to read by anybody who chose to do so. How many people on this forum have actualy read this document which is supposed to put an end to "Financial Doping"?... I have, there is a very interesting sub section in the part which deals with what funds can and cannot be termed "Football Related Revenue". It appears that any finances generated by a business situated on a clubs premisses can be classed as "Football related Revenue"... This is why for the last 4 years Sheikh Mansour has been busy buying up acres of land around the Stadium. All the funds generated by whatever is built on there will go straight into MCFC's account. So you see in short, the FFPR do not concern us in a way most people bitterly Hoped they would. It appears He's not the mug everyone must have taken him for.

But honestly we are mostly rational adults here right? did you really think one of the richest, most powerfull businessmen on the planet would go into a huge Sponsorship deal like the one between City and Etihad if he thought for a second there was even the remotest chance it would be "investigated" or even deemed "illegal" by Uefa? for crying out loud Citys representatives have said time and again that Uefa were informed about every step of the development plans and the sponsorship deal from the very beggining and throughout the entire process. Uefa know exactly what our plans are and we know full well what is and isn't allowed.

Now unfortunately due to the very nature of internet forums i will still have to read **** like "just wait til the FFP kicks in and City are F*cked" by wishfull thinking jerkoffs. But hopefully at least the people who read this might have a bit more of an insight?

CTID!

Last edited:
I havent failed to see anything, I'm simply not interested in the any pro/anti FFPR rhetoric. I base my views on what the FFPR aims to do, spent a long time reading up on how it would affect all clubs not City, and for the record, Milan and Inter both face issues in passing it.

Newsflash: this isnt all about City!! They are many clubs across Europe that could well feel the force, including many of the smaller nation clubs

How we feel about the rules, is irrelevant to what they do. And yes they still do concern you, Mansour is no fool, but he knows he has his work very much cut out. City's own financial numbers show that, otherwise he wouldnt be pushing the gambit with the sponsorship, which BTW is already being scrutinised by UEFA. We could spin this back and forth till the end of time, but the numbers are all that matter.

Again the sponsorhip and the training complex are two separate things under the FFPR, one gets scrutinised, the other doesnt

Last edited:
Think I'm done on this subject. Started off in rational fashion, then it's the usual "everyone anti-City" claptrap. Well, guess I better get used to it.

Think I'm done on this subject. Started off in rational fashion, then it's the usual "everyone anti-City" claptrap. Well, guess I better get used to it.

Funny thing was, there wasnt even any city hating going on. But C'est la vie

Back