CJ's 4231-v7 Tactic.

CJ's 4231-v7 Tactic. 2019-11-24

• Thread starter victorhugo4222
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 26K
Would this be suitable for an upper mid table team? Looking for a passing 4231 to implement at Sociedad
I am finding the better the team the better it works. I have thought about giving it a try with Sociedad so if you do let me know how it goes.

Have not needed to change it for away games either had some impressive results away from home with it.

This tactic for Holiday mode or Instant result ?
I have put it on holiday for some tests i ran and worked fine. I holidayed 2 seasond with Villa with it. 11th place finish 1st season, 5th 2nd season.

If your only purpose is to win games and you have a decent team then this is a tactic for you.

The football though, is wank. I don't know if thats the ME or the tactic ( not that good ) but goals are coming from flukes, the odd counter attack or a corner set piece. No real fluidity in the matches or something pretty to look at. And if it weren't for the opposition missing as many one on ones as I do more games would be drawn or lost.

13 games in to the second season with Liverpool, 11W 1D 1L, solid at the back, 5 wins from 5 in a CL group with Bayern Munich and Napoli. So as I said, the results are very very good but the style of football is a bit meeh. And this seems to be another year with strikers who can't score, unless you play three of them.

People who know alot more about tactics than me will know if it is the engine or the tactic.

Still very much appreciate all the work that has gone in to this.

Last edited:
If your only purpose is to win games and you have a decent team then this is a tactic for you.

The football though, is ****. I don't know if thats the ME or the tactic ( not that good ) but goals are coming from flukes, the odd counter attack or a corner set piece. No real fluidity in the matches or something pretty to look at. And if it weren't for the opposition missing as many one on ones as I do more games would be drawn or lost.

13 games in to the second season with Liverpool, 11W 1D 1L, solid at the back, 5 wins from 5 in a CL group with Bayern Munich and Napoli. So as I said, the results are very very good but the style of football is a bit meeh. And this seems to be another year with strikers who can't score, unless you play three of them.

People who know alot more about tactics than me will know if it is the engine or the tactic.

Still very much appreciate all the work that has gone in to this.
So far i have been finding it hard to get the balance right between playing pretty football and getting results. Agree with you that this tactic is probably more about results than style but im still working on some other tactics that win with style. If i find 1 i will upload it.

I am having mixed results with strikers in some games im having guys banging in 35-40 goals per season but on other saves they struggle. From what i read in other threads unless its a top, top striker then they seem to struggle.

I do think the ME is a bit off and i hope they tweak it but until then we just need to keep trying to find that magic tactic! lol

I also have the feeling that the engine plays a big part. Players not being able to finish one on ones and the endless shooting in the side netting from impossible positions is not down to the tactic.

I guess there is no magic, and for this version of the enginge this tactic is doing what it is supposed to do, win :)

Not nearly as many cards and the squad seems to be better in terms of condition and fitness as well in v.7 so that is a huge plus.

Keep up the good work !

Any chance you can post Kenneh's stats? I just finished my first season with Leeds and he seems a great prospect

Any chance you can post Kenneh's stats? I just finished my first season with Leeds and he seems a great prospect
This is him in my current save

Attachments

• 20191127075229_1.jpg
    20191127075229_1.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 464
This is him in my current save

Looks really decent, I've got him as a 16 year old (although he's only a natural DMC in my game, not a natural CB or CM) - any tips for how to best develop him? Did you do specific training or pair him with particular mentors?

Looks really decent, I've got him as a 16 year old (although he's only a natural DMC in my game, not a natural CB or CM) - any tips for how to best develop him? Did you do specific training or pair him with particular mentors?
I've just recently signed him, leeds and everton did the hard work developing to where he is now

About to use this in my new HIbs save
How is your Hibs save going? I wanted a challenge so been playing a Hearts save (Sorry! lol) Been a bit easier than i thought. 5th Season i lost the league on the very last day.

How is your Hibs save going? I wanted a challenge so been playing a Hearts save (Sorry! lol) Been a bit easier than i thought. 5th Season i lost the league on the very last day.
Its a mixed bag at the moment, half way through season and I'm 4th, but lets be honest (even though I'm a Hibby) the squad is poor so hopefully some better signings will improve the results. Very few goals from strikers and the number of shots from the goal line is unreal even when someone is available for a cut back, but i've found that to be the case on other tactics so probably a problem with ME

Its a mixed bag at the moment, half way through season and I'm 4th, but lets be honest (even though I'm a Hibby) the squad is poor so hopefully some better signings will improve the results. Very few goals from strikers and the number of shots from the goal line is unreal even when someone is available for a cut back, but i've found that to be the case on other tactics so probably a problem with ME
Im a Celtic fan (obvious from my pic) so not a challenge going them. Can win the league but not gonna win the CL so gets boring. I have stopped using this tactci back using my old tactic but im having the same problems no matter what tactic i use. Maybe try a few tactics that are a bit thinking out the box.

Im a Celtic fan (obvious from my pic) so not a challenge going them. Can win the league but not gonna win the CL so gets boring. I have stopped using this tactci back using my old tactic but im having the same problems no matter what tactic i use. Maybe try a few tactics that are a bit thinking out the box.
This gives me hope, so I'll see the season out with this tactic.

Attachments

• 20191128142211_1.jpg
    20191128142211_1.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 298
This gives me hope, so I'll see the season out with this tactic.
Wow that is some score! Sometimes you do get an amazing result then follow it up with something ridiculous. I have been playing just as the Scotland manager. Won away to Russia then 3 days later drew 0-0 at home to San Marino. Least the game is realisitc lol

Thinking of trying a 4231-Narrow tactic see if that is any better