Clarke named as Liverpool coach

So because he used to be a part of Chelsea he can't be a part of anywhere else.

This happens between real rivalries all the time.

The fact is Clarke is going to need to go somewhere, he needs a job! Its not just a sport to them, its their life.

Im not saying it dosen't happen all the time, im just saying its not nice to see a former legend move to your rivals, do you understand that :p

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Why? He's a scouser, a club icon, the sort of person we need at the club right now.

Well the reports are that Clarke is coming in as an assistant not a coach so maybe Sammy will leave unless he is happy taking a step back as a coach insted.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

haha no insult there. i reckon i disagree without 60% of what you say, doesnt mean you're wrong on that 60%. though i cant say i understand you and chelsea fans views on clarke to liverpool

Basicly our main rivalry really was Leeds but they arn't in the top league anymore. In the last 5-7 years Chelsea and Liverpool have been quite close in terms of the matches played and heated moments etc. Like i said i think its a Fulham - Chelsea situation. Fulham hate Chelsea but Chelsea don't care, and i think Chelsea hate Liverpool and Liverpool don't care.

Well the reports are that Clarke is coming in as an assistant not a coach so maybe Sammy will leave unless he is happy taking a step back as a coach insted.

He is coming as a first team coach, no? Even though, I'm sure Sammy would be happy to be a coach, doubt Kenny would want his mate to just leave. I may be wrong though.

He is coming as a first team coach, no? Even though, I'm sure Sammy would be happy to be a coach, doubt Kenny would want his mate to just leave. I may be wrong though.
yeah think dalglish will be hesistant to rip up the bootroom

don't really see the problem with this, Clarke has accepted a job from a much bigger club and he has accepted to take his career to the next step. I personally think it's a good appointment, granted he didn't do well at West Ham but the circumstances didn't help.

It dosen't matter whether he is a coach or not, he is regarded as a Chelsea legend and its dis-appointing to see him join a rival side at any capacity.

I don't remember there being this much of a fuss when he joined West Ham.....

I don't remember there being this much of a fuss when he joined West Ham.....

I think West Ham hate us more than we hate them. Also like i said our rivalry towards Liverpool is stronger in recent times than it is with anyone else.

i find it funny that chelsea see liverpool as rival most of liverpool dont if he came from man u or everton that it would be different it show a good coach for liverpool .

I think West Ham hate us more than we hate them. Also like i said our rivalry towards Liverpool is stronger in recent times than it is with anyone else.

Just don't get it to be honest Jacko because you lot barely register on a consciousness bar when we play. I always thought there was a West Ham/Chelsea/Fulham/Millwall thing going on - your rivalries don't change just because you've had the good fortune to have had a decent team for a few seasons. Crikey - both us and the Mancs have had 2 decades of not winning the league each, and we're still going at it hammer and tongs.

Don't think you should give Clarke a hard time - any more than you should give Wilkins a hard time if he goes out and gets another job. Makes no sense to me. He did a cracking job for you lot under Mourinho and if he were one of ours, he'd get a round of applause unless he'd joined hereditary rivals. Liverpool vs Chelsea just doesn't register.

---

Anyways, what's interesting about the appointment is that it's a Comolli one made as soon as Mr.Hodgson had been confirmed as leaving (and thankfully taking Mike Kelly with him - that bloke is serious bad luck for us, we had him under Souness too). Certainly a good indication that the board are looking at the very best talent to come in to the coaching set-up.

Argh can we please shut up about Chelsea? CJACKO, as per usual, needs to have all the attention in any thread pointed towards Chelsea F.C. in some shape or form and we, as per usual, indulge him. This is getting ridiculous. This thread has nothing at all to do with Chelsea, it's about Steve Clarke joining Liverpool. Regardless of whether he's a Chelsea legend and now you hate him or whatever, I don't want to read about it in this thread.

Anyway. Any hints on what kind of role he'll be doing? I don't know too much about him past he's a good coach on FM.

Can someone please explain to me since when Chelsea and Liverpool have any real kind of 'rivalry'? oO)

This really will just fuel the fire for rumours of vila-boas.
Worked closely with him.

Good appointment though :)

Good coach, thought he did well at Chelsea, and is a better signing than Paul Konchesky

plus, it's weird how CJACKO11 seems to make every thread possible about Chelsea :S

anyway..

Oh, can I take this with a pinch of salt that Villas Boas worked with Steve Clarke at Chelsea ;)

Here is me putting 2 and 2 together and making 7.

This really will just fuel the fire for rumours of vila-boas.
Worked closely with him.

Good appointment though :)

Tell me about it ;)

Can someone please explain to me since when Chelsea and Liverpool have any real kind of 'rivalry'? oO)

We don't, it's just CJACKO thinking we do.

Looks like he will be like a coach/assistant manager. Great man and coach in my opinion, really liked him while he was at West Ham.

Clubs positively moving forward and its great to see. Think Comolli has been a great addiction so far aswell.

Can I just ask everyone what they have against Sammy Lee? This isn't aimed at any individual but everyone seems to want him gone. I reckon he's good to have at the club, passionate scouser which is what we need right now.

Can I just ask everyone what they have against Sammy Lee? This isn't aimed at any individual but everyone seems to want him gone. I reckon he's good to have at the club, passionate scouser which is what we need right now.
passion isnt enough, he's not really done enough imo