Did you tried counter mentality? Could you please show the goal analysis screen?
I'll try switching to counter when I have the lead and see if that helps. I just think my defence are just not good enough. I am finding it harder because I have been used to dominating on both this years and last years game so going from having pretty much 6 seasons (with 3 different teams) in my current save finishing no lower than 2nd to struggling to get mid above mid table is tough for me!

Could i switch the BWM In the 4231 pack to a DLP Defend ?

Did you tried counter mentality? Could you please show the goal analysis screen?
so I continued last night without making any changes and won 5 games in a row conceding no goals and averaging 3 goals scored per game! Before I put all training to defend and defensive positions. I also picked my best team on ratings rather than current form and tried to stick with that team as long as possible. Before when having a bad game I made lots of changes then again the following game. I am trying to be a bit more consistent with team selection now. I had far too many players which I will now look to offload when the transfer window opens.

So by giving a decent bit of time to let the formation settle and try not to rotate the players too much looks to make a difference. Also once the confidence is up I feel that makes a huge difference in performances. Even after the five wins in a row we lost 1-0 away to top of the league but won the next game and have moved up to 5th in the league.

Playing in the Lv 22 of England.. Using certian rules fo rmy save and such in season two now in Lv 22 after not having a good tactic in season 1. now using the classic 4-2-3-1 narrow tactic and i am loving it

Playing in the Lv 22 of England.. Using certian rules fo rmy save and such in season two now in Lv 22 after not having a good tactic in season 1. now using the classic 4-2-3-1 narrow tactic and i am loving it

Lvl 22? OMG! Could you show results and league table?

Hehe, the 4231 narrow plays like a real 4231, just the IFs are sitting deeper and playing more effectively. Great idea zyndar!

Just started a new save with Southampton using the 4231 NARROW from the OP and I must say this is awesome. Also trained Scavenger V1 for the team, but it was not needed so far ;)

Premier_League_Overview_Stages-5.png

The 4-4-1-1 tactic is working very well for me in my LLM save (double consecutive promotions from North to L2). I'm having slightly less luck with the 4-2-3-1 tactic however (its still good, just not as good), which I'd still prefer as its easier to find advanced wingers than wide midfielders. But I suppose I should just ignore the coach reports when it comes to actual position rating at MR/ML and just use the same players that I would have in the advanced wingers formation?

The 4-4-1-1 tactic is working very well for me in my LLM save (double consecutive promotions from North to L2). I'm having slightly less luck with the 4-2-3-1 tactic however (its still good, just not as good), which I'd still prefer as its easier to find advanced wingers than wide midfielders. But I suppose I should just ignore the coach reports when it comes to actual position rating at MR/ML and just use the same players that I would have in the advanced wingers formation?

Correct, just train them as WMs.

Last edited: