Clichy: We must win the title

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3K
He has every right to say this, but so does everyone else on the team. Arsenal has to be an even stronger team this season, and with Chamakh and a fit van Persie week in week out will hopefully get us some more goals. If Fabregas (if he stays!) can keep up his good goalscoring and assists record, then feeding those two up front will be deadly.

But we still have challenges from United, Chelsea and Man City. And Tottenham are pressurizing us too.
And *cough* Liverpool *cough*

They always have excuses though, the squad is always too young :)
Even though their average age could be higher than the likes of...Man United. Fabregas is no longer 'young', neither are many of their 'youngsters'. Merida at 22 is not really a youngster anymore, like Insua.

Not this season, not for a while, City will put a better challenge than them, maybe in 10 years when the likes of Sanchez Watt and Craig Eastmond have hit their peak.
And Cedric Evina!

we have to win something
after all the effort Wenger put in
Effort? Yeah, like not speaking properly in press conferences "Err...I didn't see it." and signing about 1 person per season, the negotiations during the deal must of been so much!

Effort? Yeah, like not speaking properly in press conferences "Err...I didn't see it." and signing about 1 person per season, the negotiations during the deal must of been so much!

Yes, paul becuase that is all arsene does. He doesnt it only takes 4 minutes to persuade a player to join. Basically, make the offer, give them a contract they sign, just like FM. He puts in More Effort then your ever know.

arsenal can certainly win, again RVP fully fit all season will be very beneficial, although you now have chamakh

i used to fear Arsenal at the beginning of every season, on their day, the football they play is just a joy to watch, no one can keep up with them par a few teams but this season i really dont. we keep hearing "young, inexperienced" players from Arsene but thats the squad he assembled so he cant complain, arsenal dont have enough to put up a strong challenge this season. carling cup/fa cup are their best chance of ending the winless streak but sayin that, i think it will 5 years at the end of the season.

the way we played in the Emirates Cup i think we might go one better than last season and win a trophy

the way we played in the Emirates Cup i think we might go one better than last season and win a trophy
I can see Arsenal winning the FA Cup this year but the Premiership is a little out of reach.

NO the fa cup is chelseas trophy lol:D

is it? im pretty sure last time i looked United have won it the most ;)

as for Arsenal, i dont think the league tittle is within reach despite playing well in a friendly tournement.

is it? im pretty sure last time i looked United have won it the most ;)

as for Arsenal, i dont think the league tittle is within reach despite playing well in a friendly tournement.

We didn't even play particularly well. Managed a 1-1 draw with Milan and only just edged out Celtic with a 3-2 win.

We didn't even play particularly well. Managed a 1-1 draw with Milan and only just edged out Celtic with a 3-2 win.

still played some nice football but as we all know, nice football doesnt win trophies.

Milan are a top team in Europe, and your team wasn't at 100% strength. :)

Not saying I think you will win the league, but I think you will finish 3rd, and make the FA or League cup final.

Honestly cant see Arsenal winning the league given the competition at the top of the Premier League now. Sure they will finish top four again, but is that going to be enough for Arsenal fans?

I'm not going to say Arsene should spend the sort of money City do and Chelsea have but I think that he needs to sign another 3 or 4 players with a bit of experiance before they can win trophies again.

They need another good cb, they have only Vermaelen, the young french guy (cant remember his name),Djourou and possibly Nordtveit who i have never ever heard of irl life but is great on fm. That is defiantly not a title challenging defence despite having great fullbacks.

Almunia and Fabianski where both good in the emirates cup (but will probable be **** again in less than a month) and wenger didnt sound like he was planing on signing a new keeper in the post match press conference.

Chamake seems like a great signing though and looks like he was built for the prem. But overall cant see the arsenal title challenge lasting to long.

Milan are a top team in Europe, and your team wasn't at 100% strength. :)

Not saying I think you will win the league, but I think you will finish 3rd, and make the FA or League cup final.

Neither was Milan, if you're going to use that argument.

But still, I don't make serious judgements based on pre-season performances.

let me say a few things

1) arsenal are not a young side any more they all have plenty of experience and you can not use that as an excuse.

2) any one who says arsenal will finish outside the top 4 is a plank, we have been rumoured to do this for the last five season its never happened and if any think we are twice as strong now then we were back then.

3) RVP has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the league but we all know he will get injured at some point. Hopefully with the arrival of chamakh, bendtner may pick up his ideas and score more as well.

4) We can win the league this season as long as we get a world class centre back or some one who is very close to being world class

5) if Alumina stops being scared of ghosts in his own house and actually concentrates on the football we wont need another goalie.

Neither was Milan, if you're going to use that argument.

But still, I don't make serious judgements based on pre-season performances.

Good point taken.

Still, atleast you didn't lose, ****** pessimist! :P

I can't critise the Arsenal defence after seeing their new signing play with Clichy and Sagna, he's great..

its dangerous to write arsenal off, the title isnt out of reach for this season imo, providng as ever if they can keep van perise fit, though chamakh is no slouch

see if we buy mertesacker who we arre heavily linked with i think thats our team about 85% perfect

we just need a keeper to get the last 15%

Last edited:
Back