Clough 'out of depth' as a manager?

Bodell

Reaction score
I know a lot of you aren't Derby fans, but this is quite an interesting one, Derby manager Nigel Clough has slated his players on a number off occasions, including most recently against Portsmouth. Previously after the Nottingham Forest match which ended 5-2 Clough said 'Until he learns the basics off football, he can go back to Poland, or where ever'.

'We're looking for a player that in the 89th minute doesn't give the ball away 20 yards from your own goal, which leads to us conceding a goal today'

'He's a very in-experienced, not very bright player. He can go back Wigan or where ever he came from until he learns football, I'm not really bothered'

Tomasz-Cywka-006.jpg

Just take a listen to this and let me know what you think, should managers be able to come down on their players like this, surely it cant make things any better for the lad, he's young and in-experienced.

Oh, and please. No sarcastic Forest fans :p

Recent Comments on Cwyka

Last edited:
harsh words indeed.. he's having a tough time of it atm clough.

harsh words indeed.. he's having a tough time of it atm clough.

He just looks so far out off his depth, you can't come out and say stuff like that about your players, just ends up in them wanting to leave.

He's a bit of an idiot really... answers his own question as well lol. "inexperienced player"

A bit harsh, our former manager was doubting the players passion which some thought was a bit harsh but this is a bit over the top. But I don't think he's out of his depth as a manager, he's not exactly done a extremely bad job at Derby and he did well at Burton Albion.

A bit harsh, our former manager was doubting the players passion which some thought was a bit harsh but this is a bit over the top. But I don't think he's out of his depth as a manager, he's not exactly done a extremely bad job at Derby and he did well at Burton Albion.

We're going threw a real rough patch at the minute, not winning games, and can't seem to attract big players.

tbh, i doubt he would be thier if it wasnt for the romance.
He is no brian clough by a long stretch.

If his Dad had said it everyone would be laughing and saying typical Cloughie comment. Unfortunately he isn't his dad and doesn't have the charisma his old man had. Also he's doing ***** at the moment so everything he says and does will be scrutinised to the max. If he was top of the league nobody would be arsed about it, except Cwyka off course.

We're going threw a real rough patch at the minute, not winning games, and can't seem to attract big players.

Every team goes through a bad patch, but I don't know how bad Derby's is, but it's weird because you were flying at the start of the season and now you've turned into relegation candidates...kind of.

When was the last time you won, and is there a lot of other Derby fans that want Clough out?

If his Dad had said it everyone would be laughing and saying typical Cloughie comment. Unfortunately he isn't his dad and doesn't have the charisma his old man had. Also he's doing ***** at the moment so everything he says and does will be scrutinised to the max. If he was top of the league nobody would be arsed about it, except Cwyka off course.

Couldn't agree more with you, but he shouldn't be saying these things anyway, especially about such a young player.

Doesn't help when you're doing **** either.

you cant come out and say that about your players, very poor indeed

Every team goes through a bad patch, but I don't know how bad Derby's is, but it's weird because you were flying at the start of the season and now you've turned into relegation candidates...kind of.

When was the last time you won, and is there a lot of other Derby fans that want Clough out?

Our last victory was against Preston, we've not won since then, lost every game in December.

And, I think it changes between 'get the board out'/'yanks out'. But I don't think there's many people that think Clough can take the club forward, I think he's just in-experienced and it's a big step up from non-league.

If his last name wasn't Clough he would still be at Burton Albion

yeah it is mostly shocking because derby are doing ****. fantastic way to boost team morale that is..

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

If his last name wasn't Clough he would still be at Burton Albion

if his last name wasn't clough, he wouldn't have even been at burton albion!

yeah it is mostly shocking because derby are doing ****. fantastic way to boost team morale that is..

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

if his last name wasn't clough, he wouldn't have even been at burton albion!

I think that's a bit harsh, he did a fantastic job at Burton, virtually ensured them promotion to League 2, before accepting the Derby job offer.

People are doubting him but when you look at the facts he has done a very good job, not many managers would have done much better when they have been forced to sell their two star players and not given replacements.

When he took over the wage bill was £15m, and he has managed to reduce it to £9m while making out position in the league and the amount of points we have higher than this time last year.

Maybe the comments he made were slightly over the top, but be fair to the man we have one game in how many, are 1-0 up in the last minute and Cwyka does that. Give Clough time, and a bit of money and we will develop as a club

I think he needs to go, i live in Derby now and everyone slates him and personally i think hes out of his depth.
Hes been saying there not ready to go up since he took over so surely his job is to make them ready to go up instead of being happy with a bottom half finish!

I think that's a bit harsh, he did a fantastic job at Burton, virtually ensured them promotion to League 2, before accepting the Derby job offer.

you don't understand what I said; i dont think he would have been given the burton job if he wasn't Brian Clough's son. not sayin he did a bad job there.

Im not saying he did a bad job at Burton but I don't believe that Derby would have plucked someone from non league if he wasn't Clough

People are doubting him but when you look at the facts he has done a very good job, not many managers would have done much better when they have been forced to sell their two star players and not given replacements.

When he took over the wage bill was £15m, and he has managed to reduce it to £9m while making out position in the league and the amount of points we have higher than this time last year.

Maybe the comments he made were slightly over the top, but be fair to the man we have one game in how many, are 1-0 up in the last minute and Cwyka does that. Give Clough time, and a bit of money and we will develop as a club

Giving Clough money involves having a board with money, and that's something we don't have, these Yanks are just taking money from our club, and calling us a 'franchise'.

I don't know whether I'd trust Clough with money, I can't think off a stand out buy he's made this season.