Clube Atlético Mineiro- Continuing Traditions

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Call up

View attachment 254957

Five players were called up by Alexandre Gallo for U-20 Brazilian National Team. Flavio, Cleiton Jose, Eron, Cleiton, and Cesar will represent Brazil when they compete in the 2017 South American U-20 Championship​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- 2016 Review

Our 2016 Review

Campeonato Mineiro

View attachment 254954
View attachment 254953
View attachment 254952

Campeonato Mineiro was a success for us as we achieve our minimum goal which was to win the title. Are record was the same as last year with 10-1-0. Scoring 30 goals or 2.7 goals per game and only conceding 5 goals in the standings. Highlight was the 10 consecutive finals were we won 6 title in 10 years.

Board Expectation: Win Campeonato Mineiro: Success
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copa Libertadores

View attachment 254948
View attachment 254947
View attachment 254946

Copa Libertadores was almost a success. We made it to the finals but we were just short from winning it all. Internacional made it tough for us when we loss 3-1 in the 1st leg and made us pay. The highlight of the competition was the comeback win over Independiente after losing 2-0 in the 1st leg and winning 3-0.

Board Expectation: Win Copa Libertadores: Failed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copa do Brasil

View attachment 254945
View attachment 254944

Copa do Brasil was a disappointment as we were eliminated by our hated rivals Cruzeiro. We didn't play well against them during the 1st leg and during the 2nd, Cruzeiro broke Galo fans heart after the last goal to eliminate them from the competition. Highlight of the competition was the convincing wins over Criciuma and Coritiba.

Board Expectation: Win Copa do Brasil: Failed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brasileirão Serie A

View attachment 254941View attachment 254940
View attachment 254939

Campeonato Brasileirão was the BIGGEST success in our history as we won the title for the first time since 1971. This campaign was one of our best one in our history, not because we won the title but how we won our title. 29 game unbeaten, 84 goals scored, 49 goal difference and big wins against Flamengo and Gremio.

Board Expectation: Win Campeonato Brasileirão: Success

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Awards

World Awards

View attachment 254931
View attachment 254933

View attachment 254928
View attachment 254929

The World XI and Substitution
View attachment 254927
View attachment 254924
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

South American Awards

View attachment 254918
View attachment 254922

View attachment 254916
View attachment 254917

View attachment 254914
View attachment 254915

View attachment 254912
View attachment 254913

South American Team of the Year
View attachment 254911
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atletico Mineiro Awards

Atletico Mineiro Player of the Year
View attachment 254910

Atletico Mineiro Team of the Year
View attachment 254909

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Transfers

Major Transfers News coming out from Cidade do Galo. As Atletico Mineiro's President Daniel Nepomuceno held a press conference to announce some major moves:

View attachment 254896

"Hello Everyone. I called this press to announce some changes to our roster. And there will be no Q&A after. So I wanted to start by saying that Renan Oliveira, Wescley, and Lucas Kattah have all been released from the team and we wish them luck in their future. Also, we are sadden to announce that now former backer goalkeeper Giovanni has left the team due to difference in both parties and is now a free agent, we would also like to wish him luck in future endeavors."

"I would like to announce three players that were sold this week."

View attachment 254894View attachment 254895

"First is a player that us Galo fans will be very disappointed with. Victor or Sao Victor (Saint Victor) has joined West Ham United as of today. Victor came to me at the beginning of the year saying that he loves the club but felt like his time with the club was over, that he wanted a new challenge after winning every title possible with us. I honestly tried to keep him but he insisted that he wouldn't commit 100% so both parties agree that this was the best move. We will always remember "the Save" during our Copa Libertadores title run in 2013. So I only have to say good luck in England and hopefully one day we will meet again."

[video=youtube;hrzO1ZDBw94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrzO1ZDBw94[/video]

(For anyone that cares, "the save" was a penalty shot save in the 92nd minute of the 2nd half against Tijuana that help Atletico Mineiro advance to the Semifinals. The 1st leg was an away game that ended 2-2 and the return game was 1-1 before the penalty.)

View attachment 254892View attachment 254893

"The second player that will be departing is Pierre to Fluminense. Pierre is an exciting player that we were so lucky to have during his time here but with Cirigliano, Gil Romero, Lucas Candido, and a unnamed player that I will announce shortly, Pierre was just falling down the pecking order and I felt that Pierre would be suited better for another team. Good Luck and I be waiting when we meet this year."

View attachment 254887View attachment 254888

"The final player that will be leaving us is Emerson Conceicao. During the short period that he was with us, he has helped us win Copa do Brasil, the Brasileirão, and 2 consecutive Campeonat Mineiro. But with Junior Cesar, upcoming Cesar and Walter Clar and another unannounced player coming, Conceicao was not going to see any playing time so it was the best for both parties to go their separate ways. Good Luck."

"We also have 6 players currently on loan: Joao Salgado at Bragantino, Cesar at Fluminense, Jordan and Vitor Leite to CRB, Carlos Cesar to Criciuma, and Fillipe Soutto at Vitoria."

"Now I'm happy to announce 6 players that will be joining our squad this season"

View attachment 254885View attachment 254886

"The first person is Elkeson. After being released from Guangzhou when his contract ended, I need to take advantage of this opportunity to sign this very skillful player. He is a very determined individual that has the same goal as us and is a very versatile player that is a natural in multiple position when need."

View attachment 254882View attachment 254883

​"The second player that we acquired was Diego Cardoso. Cardoso was a free agent after Santos released him and falling out of favours with the team. What Cardoso brings to the table is a well balanced personality but very intelligent player and also can play multiple positions"

View attachment 254878View attachment 254879

"Jean Felipe was released by Atletico Paranaense after unable to make their squad. After a successful trial with us in the beginning of the year, I believe that he can crack the team for Campeonato Mineiro and he potential to be a great player in this league in the future. His pace and acceleration will be key."

View attachment 254880View attachment 254881

"After a successful loan with us last year, Ramires has joined us permanently in a 4 year deal.I felt that Ramires skills and vast experience was key factor in me signing him. A definite star player in this league, he is only of the pacey player that I have ever seen and he can run for days without taking a break."

View attachment 254877View attachment 254884

"At the same time that we were dealing Victor, I need a goalkeeper with the same quality as Victor and this is were Muriel comes in. Uncertain with his future with Internacional after not being able to agree with a contract extension, I felt that Muriel would benefit with us. What he brings to the team is 3 Copa Libertadores titles so that is a plus to a team that wants to win it."

View attachment 254875View attachment 254876

"Our final player that will be join us until the end of next season is Filipe Luis. After joining Juventus last year, he was unhappy with his playing time and to leave the club so Gerardo Martino and I made an agreement to send him here for 2 seasons. Filipe Luis will be a key player in the leftback position and will hopefully help mentor Walter Clar and Cesar. As a consistent performer and a very intelligent player, he will be a great addition to our squad during our Copa Libertadores run."

"So I will end my press here. Thank you."

Continuing to love this mate! The combination of in game shots & player pics is brilliant! Keep up the good work & congrats on your nomination, well deserved!

Continuing to love this mate! The combination of in game shots & player pics is brilliant! Keep up the good work & congrats on your nomination, well deserved!

Just being nominated is big achievement! Thank you and everyone for the support.

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Friendly

View attachment 254653

Four preseason game and 2 big game against Zenit and Shakhtar that will be a great test for us.

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Club Estudiantes de La Plata
View attachment 254651

A very close game that I know that we should been winning against. Estudiantes scored in the final moment of the game to tie with us.

Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Loja vs Clube Atlético Mineiro
View attachment 254650

A very convincing win over the Ecuadorian side Liga de Loja. 39 shots with 20 on target.

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Football Club Zenit
View attachment 254645

This game was a heart-breaker as our goalkeeper suffered an own goal in the final second of the game. But It was a good game overall as we managed to play the same level against a big European club.

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Football Club Shakhtar Donetsk
View attachment 254640

We had a good game against Shakhtar until the 78th to 80th minute where we were non-existent. Volovyk and Bolbat scored 2 goals in minutes to tie up the game 4-4.

View attachment 254639

Our preseason results. Now Campeonato Mineiro will being.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Campeonato Mineiro

View attachment 254638

If you want a brief summary on the State Championship, go to my 8th post of this thread.

The 2017 Campeonato Mineiro will begin. We are the defending champion after we defeated our most hated rivals, Cruzeiro, in a 6-3 aggregate win. The board wants us to win the competition and I agree with him. This competition is not really important compared to Copa Libertadores that will be played during the same time, but if we are playing for a title, I WANT THAT TITLE. This competition will at like an extended preseason segment but I will this make my team competitive.

My first team focus will be the Copa Libertadores matches but my substitutions and upcoming young players will see some game time here. The only time that I might put my first team will be against Cruzerio on February 12th.

Here are the fixtures for this competition:

View attachment 254637

The important fixture to look out for is Cruzeiro on February 12th and America Mineiro on March 5th.

Araxá Esporte Clube vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 254475
View attachment 254474
View attachment 254473

This game I felt bad for the other team. Araxa just recently was promoted to Campeonato Mineiro First Division and the welcome that we gave them was very terrible in their point of view. But for us, we played excellent and only limited them to 1 shot.

Lucas Pratto started the scoring with an accurate finish in under a minute into the game. Elkeson doubled the lead after a well struck shot from distance in the 6th minute. A minute later, Elkeson scored his second of the day with a fierce shot after taking advantage of Clayton mistake. An error from Marcus Tulio allowed Datolo to score from a close range shot. Lucas Pratto scored his second goal with a header in the 23rd minute.

Another error by Clayton help Atletico Mineiro to score their 6th when Felipe Santana header it in. Ramires made it 7-0 after a accurate finish from distance. Before the end of the half, Lucas Pratto scored his hat-trick from a penalty that Brinquedo committed. To make life worse for Araxa, Samuel received his 2nd yellow and was sent to the change room. Lucas Pratto scored his 4th after a nice effort from 11 metres. Dodo completed the rout with a close range effort that also hit the post to make it 10-0.

Next game will be against Boa at home.​

10 nil! I know they were probably minnows but still! Well done!

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Boa Esporte Clube

View attachment 254441
View attachment 254440
View attachment 254439

This game here was obviously close than the previous game. Our defense was great expect for that one blunder were they scored but we limit them to only 2 shots. Carlos had a big game today with 2 goals.

Lucas Candido scored in the 13 minute when took advantage of Naylhor error to score from inside the penalty area. Carlos double the lead after a close range shot. Former Atletico Mineiro Paulo Henrique scored for Boa from a close range shot to cut the lead to one. Carlos made it a two goal game after a executed finish from close range.

Next game will be against our rivals Cruzeiro.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Injury

View attachment 254395

Days before the Classico Mineiro, our Captain was injured during training and will be out for 5 weeks. Felipe Santana and Jemerson will start against Cruzeiro.​

Cruzeiro Esporte Clube vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 254393
View attachment 254392
View attachment 254391

Terrible result today as we wasted too many opportunities and our rivals may us pay. Losing to a rival is bad and now we lost 3 of the 4 last game against them.

Alisson started with a goal from 11 metres in the 26th minute. Marcelo double the lead in 5 minutes later after a well time shot from close range. Elkeson cut the lead to one after a well struck effort. Henrique made it 3-1 after scoring from a 18 metres freekick.

Next game will be against Guarani.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

View attachment 254378

Copa Libertadores aka the Champions League of South America will have their group stage draw soon and we are in the 1st pot. This will our 9th Copa Libertadores and our 5 straight appearance. The preliminary round were played and the final 6 teams have qualified to the group stage and will be placed in the 4th pot with the 2 Mexican teams.

After the first to rounds of the drawn were called, we were picked 2nd in the 1st round and now placed in Group B. Here are the result for Group B:

View attachment 254377View attachment 254376View attachment 254375View attachment 254374

View attachment 254373

We were placed in a very tough group. 3 of the 4 teams in this group are former Copa Libertadores champions with a combined total of 6 titles. Clube Atlético Mineiro (2013) will face Club Estudiantes de La Plata (1968, 1969, 1970, 2009) of Argentina, Club Atlético Nacional S. A. (1989) of Colombia, and Club Cerro Porteño of Paraguay. This will be the first that we will face Estudiantes in this competition but will face Atletico Nacional and Cerro Porteno for 2nd time in this competition. Last time, Atletico Nacional eliminated us from the Round of 16 in 2014 and against Cerro Porteno, we face them in the group stage in 1972 with 1-0 win and 2-2 draw.

And the fixtures of this group are:

View attachment 254372

The rest of the groups are:

View attachment 254371View attachment 254370

Guarani Esporte Club vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 254369
View attachment 254368
View attachment 254367

After a loss against Cruzeiro, we bounced back to a win against Guarani. With the Copa Libertadores being up next, I wanted to rest my key players for it.

Jadson scored in the 38th minute with a volley finish from outside the box. Carlos double the lead five minute later after with a placed shot.

Next match will be a Copa Libertadores match against Atletico Nacional at home.​

Last edited:
Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Club Atlético Nacional S. A

View attachment 254084
View attachment 254083
View attachment 254082

Sherman Cardenas scored two goals today against his former team. We dominated the entire match and after the first goal, we knew that we were not going to show them mercy.

In the 10th minute, Lucas Pratto scored with a well timed close range shot. Sherman Cardenas scored against his former team after a nice effort from 13 metres. Ramires made it 3-0 4 minutes later after a Luis Antonio Zarate error to score an accurate shot. Cardenas capped off the rout with his 2nd goal of the night with an effort that also hit the post before going in. To cap off Atletico Nacional performance, Oscar Zuniga received an automatic red card.

Next game will be against Tombense at home.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Tombense Futebol Clube

View attachment 253546
View attachment 253545
View attachment 253544

Well technically Tombense did score more goals than us.... if both goals weren't own goals. I have to thank Willian Rocha and Bocao for the win tonight.

Jadson started the scoring in the 7th minute with an accurate finish from inside the penalty area. Willian Rocha had an embarrassing moment when he scored into his own net in the 50th minute. Three minute later, Bocao didn't want Willian Rocha to get all the attention, also scored an own goal.

Next match will be against America Mineiro in the O Clássico das Multidões (The Derby of the Masses).​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Febuary Review

Febuary Results
View attachment 253532

We had our first defeat in Campeonato Mineiro in 3 years after a 3-1 loss to our Rivals Cruzeiro. We started with a bang with a massive 10-0 win over newly promoted Araxa and scored 19 goals in 5 games. We also started our Copa Libertadores campaign with a 4-0 win over Atletico Nacional.

March Fixtures
View attachment 253528

March will feature 6 games including 2 Libertadores match against Cerro Perteno and Estudiantes. We will start the month with a derby against America Mineiro.

Campeonato Standings after February
View attachment 253527

After 5 games, we are 4-1 with 12 points, just 3 points behind America and Cruzeiro. Newly-promoted Araxa are in dead last with no wins and no points.

Copa Libertadores Group B Standings after February
View attachment 253525

With only one game played in the group stage, we are the only club with 3 points in Group B.

Awards

View attachment 253524

Cardenas won Copa Libertadores Player of the Week award on February 28th.​